Fungus gnat invasion

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Healingfields, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Anybody have any advice on a soil drench or anything I can do to kill fungus gnat larvae in my dirt I think they're munching on my roots and my girls aren't happy about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's a no till set up so I don't wanna use anything that will kill the good stuff I have goin on

3. Mosquito dunks and science nature products have treated my soil good..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Let your soil dry out and make sure the humidity is at a reasonable level. They love wet soil and high humidity and you've got to rid your grow space of those two things or you'll fight them for awhile. I've seen people put diatomaceous earth on top of the soil and other chemicals, but honestly...they're hard to get rid of if you have a true infestation of them. I have a friend who is a grower in Hawaii .... outdoor. Because of the average daily general environmental conditions over there, he fights them year round. I never found anything he said got rid of them for sure and certain. But go to the search bar at the top of the forums page and type in "fungus gnats." It'll pull all threads related to that topic. Maybe you can find some help in some of the threads here. TWW

5. Spray that shit on there good every day until you dont see no.more babies crawlimg around in there.them fuckers!!!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Also be sure to mix it precisely.. if you dont have the special detergent to use as an emusifyer just use literally one drop of dawn in 1liter of water with a half teaspoon of neem.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah I'm letting em dry out and I cranked the dehumidifier I was thinkin a neem tea would help. I've had people say slf 100 or azamax would be safe too but I'm exploring my options

• Like Like x 1
  8. Go to Sierra Naturalls web site (not science nature sorry) sign up for their free samples I had mine in days I used the sns209 soil drenge and within 10 days they were 90% gone, i also use neem meal and mosquito dunks on top of every planter only time I was 100% gnat free was after doing battle with spider mites and using their sns 217..., their stuff is just plant oils and no chemicals, good hunting!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you I'll check this stuff out now

10. Azamax soil drench. Or neem oil. You can use sprayer to just hit top of soil.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alright as a drench? Or is this for my sprayer

12. I was just on their website reading about it. I'm getting some samples and I am pulling the trigger on the sns203 it seems to be the fungus gnat larvae killer but for today I may just make my neem tea and cross my fingers. Thank you

13. I have had the worst case of fungus gnats in the past , things were everywhere I was changing out yellow gnat pads weekly . I tried everything even neem oil ( which I use often ) and nothing worked . But than I bought some of those mosquito dunks , placed some on the soil and a bit in the saucers . Never had another gnat .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Now mosquito dunks are my. Go to and always have them on my shelf

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ok sweet I have a pretty good list of things here I appreciate the advice I'm gonna see if I can't get my hands on some of those

• Like Like x 1
  16. Has anyone here ever heard of using cinnamon to get rid of fungus gnats? and if so is it added to water in soil or sprayed on plants
    ps no local hydro shops

17. can anyone tell me more about mosquito dunks

• Like Like x 1
  18. whats a mosquito dunk

• Like Like x 1