Fungal Tea Recipe

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Feb 28, 2010.

1. #21 Greenbudz, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    I have came across an article that suggested aged a year or two Horse Manure. Aged Horse shit has naturally occuring microbes that fight mold and fungal issues in medium. Horse shit ferts aged helps ward off grey powdery mold (aka Botrytis.)

http://kitchengardenhelp.com/2008/05/30/tips-for-controlling-specific-pests/

Botrytis Mold

Botrytis mold is one of several plant diseases that can be overpowered by the beneficial bacteria present in fermented compost tea.
    1. Mix one part manure compost that includes some rotted manure (horse, cow or chicken) with five parts water. A plastic milk jug works well.
    2. Allow the mixture to sit and ferment in a shady place for ten days to two weeks. The effectiveness of the tea is highest when the tea ferments for a full two weeks.
    3. Filter the mixture through cheesecloth to remove large particles. Do not attempt to remove all residue for some residue gives the tea extra disease-fighting punch.
    Warning: This stuff can smell terrible – do your straining outdoors! The odour does vary from batch from batch.
    4. If needed, you can dilute the tea with more water, but keep the mixture at half strength, minimum.
    5. Either spray on leaves with a pump or pressure sprayer, or dribble it on with a watering can. Coat both sides of leaves.
    6. Reapply after two to three weeks.
    7. The residue left after the tea is strained may be poured out on the ground below plants.

2. LOL! I get that! Both... LOL! Perfect!

3. i have a ? say im using a heavy tea every time i water... and when i cut down i have a another round ready to go in is it safe to use the same soil right away ????? this would be in a light dep and in 20 gal smart pots????

4. could you hypothetically use psilocybin mushrooms for a tea?Just an interesting thought and if so what would effect would it have?