Fun in the sun, 1st go at a grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Funtogrow, Jul 6, 2016.

1. These are drying out nicely.
    IMG_20160811_232934.jpg
    One thing to remember if you want to press leaves, open the book and let them breathe every so often. Gets rid of some moisture, and the first time the leaves should still be wet so you can still get most folds out and realign any blades to get it laying how you want it. Fair warning, the thicker the stem and broader the leaves the more moisture it holds so you may have to open the book several times a week to avoid mold..... Learned that one the hard way, had some beautiful leaves off PI that were huge. I could only get one to a page compared to these and all the blades overlapped, but I didn't let them breathe enough and they molded on me.....

2. During my morning inspection I got a bit of a shock, found some bud rot.... I ain't playin this game so Sadie got a trim, a pretty aggressive hair cut to be honest. The 4-5 spots I found rot were really minor, clipped the bad buds off and decided to give her a little more breathing room to hopefully avoid losing anymore. She looks really good otherwise. I inspected while I was trimming, and I went over her again from top to bottom when I was done, no leaf unturned.... Spent el over an hr just getting her taken care of.

It'd be really nice if the weather would cooperate, a few sunny dry days every now and then isn't too much to ask is it? Lol

IMG_20160812_115231.jpg
    IMG_20160812_115239.jpg
    I'd rather stress her a bit and maybe over trim, than lose her. A little less bud or a risk of her going hermie, at this point in the game, is not really relevant as she's far enough along that she's gonna smoke well and finish decent if I can just keep her from rotting to death.

3. I agree be ruthless with bud rot. It's the right call. Are you foliar feeding if so cease. Have they even had rain on them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. No on the foliar feeding, only in veg. I did do a very careful neem oil spray once I finally got neem oil so she was already in bud bit fairly early.

As far as the rain, yes but not much. I had to start getting her in more light since she's been stuck in the dark room with just enough light to know she's supposed to be awake. So I've had to really pay attention to what the weather is doing outside, first sign of rain and she comes in, usually.... I think the problem is more that moisture collects on the walls (plastic) on the inside and only goes away after a sunny day or two. Was thinking of putting some "damp-rid in the room to help pull the rh down overnight.

5. Also pulled the oscillating fan out of the greenhouse so before bedtime I'll start the fan running to help push some moisture out. Will run it overnight also but it may have a big affect on the temp so I'll start it out on low the first few nights and see how things are looking.

IMG_20160812_124844.jpg

6. Heya @Belhern, how far into trimming do you go as you get close to the end? Would there be any benefit in clipping all fan leaves except a couple at the very tip of branches and the main top? Basically, other than the very ends/top, there would be nothing but bud leaves. Sadie is day 57 today, and she's easily got 2-3 weeks left, possibly more.

She can start drinking today, lol, she's 21 wks today.

7. Lol that old gal... I think she looks fine as is, you trimmed her up nice. Definitely a few more th then 2 weeks can you get some closer shots by chance? Like some showing the bud structure not so much has the trichomes

8. Here ya go. Some mature-ish some very obviously immature. Pics range thru most of her.

Top:
    top 8-12.jpg
    side top 8-12.jpg
    Pretty near the top.
    near top.jpg
    Midway
    mid branch tip.jpg
    mid branch top.jpg
    midway branch top.jpg
    Bottom or near the main stem around mid ish way... Pretty damn immature still.
    lokking down mid.jpg
    Randoms, not sure exactly where but midway I think it a bit lower??
    IMG_20160812_174847.jpg
    IMG_20160812_174851.jpg
    Not sure if these crappy pics help or not, it started sprinkling so she was a little damp when I took the pics. Stupid weather, lol.

Attached Files:

9. I'm seeing 4 weeks maybe a little more brother.

10. Nice grow, let us know how much the dry yield is!

11. 100 million grams! I added gravity, bud swell and adamantine from the special veins in the shaft.......

12. That would put her right at or just past 90 days, strong sativa genetics for sure. The whole reason I went thru all the headache of forcing her outside, them damn cold temps are a comin, lol.....

I was hoping for a little sooner but I also really want her to mature proper. Although, depending on what the weather does and if I can keep rh down or not, she may come down early. Would rather chop early than not have anything worth chopping cause of bud rot or other such issues.

13. I agree I was slightly worried from page 1, when I looked up your light schedule. I think she'll be just fine though brother just give her time and try your hardest to keep airflow on her

14. Got the air flow kicked up tonight. The normal ducting fan to replace the air but also the oscillating fan, although I forgot to kick it down on low so hopefully they're not too cold....

15. The fan was a success! Almost no moisture in the walls this morning, and Sadie was 99% dry which is a huge improvement. Stoked!
    :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Took the first branch off Sadie yesterday. Small branch, 6" is all, but it was losing the battle with bud rot so it had to go. Close to half the bud got trimmed off to get out the rot. This one was close to the top and "fairly" mature. She still needs a few weeks, and thus weather needs get sunny and dry again, argggg....

IMG_20160817_004203.jpg
    Pretty sad when you have to selectively harvest, not because it finishes different, but dependant on how much the branch has rotted. I'll definitely be flowering inside, at least mostly, next year..... This is bullshit!

17. Mhhm Sexy Sadie. Good job on you're first grow man, hope mine goes as good.

18. Bud rot sucks ass big-time! I've lost over an ounce (dry) so far on Sadie, who's been inside 5 days now, feel like I'm harvesting... One thing I've learned in this nasty battle, if a bud has any rot cut the entire fucker outta there, there is no "saving it" save the damn plant as a whole. At first I was just trimming out the rot, didn't take long to realise the entire bud had to go. Leave any rot behind and it spreads like wild fire.

I got really aggressive today, spent an hour+ cleaning her up today, hopefully in done throwing away bud....

19. Here's today's sacrifice, trimmed down to really see how much is there. It's in a 14" drip pan that's 2" deep....
    IMG_20160824_115635.jpg