Fun in the sun, 1st go at a grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Funtogrow, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Oh yeah I know it's a principle thing brother. I like to see you grow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finances took a big hit, had to help a friend out but now I've got someone here helping keep a good schedule. Wake up lights never set up and didn't get the heated sip done, but fit an inner layer of really good black out plastic put in so now there's a layer of air to buffer for a better balanced temp and it's been hot and dry till just a couple days ago anyway.

The pics don't do Sadie justice, she's stretched a bit more now at 4.5' tall. I pulled the clothes pins and am letting her go without being tied down anymore, stems were getting thick and I'm pretty sure it was starting to get restrictive, gonna go with soft wire next time so they are just a guide.

Her babies are reaching for the sky, I'm pretty impressed. 6 weeks since they went into dirt and they're already 2' tall and bushy as hell! Picked out a mother from her clones, need to get her under 24/0 since she's trying to flower.

Managed to get a couple clones to root from PI, but JC has given 8 and all of them rotted without rooting. Gonna try one more time with JC, she doesn't stress in the slightest when cut, unlike PI, but if her cuts are a bitch to get rooted it reality doesn't matter....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice bruv

4. Saving up to build some Cree COB LEDs, have a small area in the house designated for a mother/clone room and will have a removable wall section when I'm ready to flower. Planning on running a few clones for a winter harvest, then space to veg clones that'll end up outside next summer.

Planning to start clones off the Sadie mother sometime in Jan. Start getting them hardened off outside in may and plant at least one straight in the ground June 21st and see what kind of monster I can grow with free root space.:biggrin::p

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's what's up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sadie was 4 months from seed when I forced her. The one going in the ground will have 4 months from clone before going in the ground, then another 4-6 weeks in the ground. I'm gonna need my ladder to reach the top. :eek::cool::D

7. Arg..... I really need to get my cobs done, shit I need to get the money together and get the parts ordered... :bang:

Currently have the Sadie clone to be saved as a mother in the house over night under a cheapo led just to give her 24/0 to reveg, also the two clones from PI are tucked in with her since they decided to flower as soon as I put them into soil... FML...

Sadie's other three clones are with her in the dark room on 12/12. They've really exploded, now nearly 2.5' tall at 6-ish weeks old and about that wide also, they're really trying to catch up to mama, lol.

PI is flowering in the greenhouse, really wanted to get her into the dark room on 12/12 but I just don't have the space unfortunately. Hopefully I don't end up with a bunch of airy bud from her knowing how much light she's getting, I'll be really sad to see the purp be the one of them all to not get good and dense. From what I know of what my dude was growing, he only had two purp strains and I'm being told she's likely grand daddy, really would like a good finish from her but at least I was able to get a couple clones to take so I'll have a mother.

As far as JC goes, still no obvious signs she's flowering. I'm really surprised she hasn't flipped yet seeing my sativa and the other indica have, guess she's just gonna drag her feet a bit.

The root pruners are pretty awesome, seeing all the root tips popping out is pretty interesting to say the least. My girls sure have some healthy root systems, lovin that! All the flowering girls got a bit of booster today (a dry natural flower nute made from fish meal, and other sea creatures/vegetation) not that any of them even show the slightest in deficiencies, hell Sadie doesn't even show a lack of nitrogen at 6 full weeks in flower (tomorrow is day one of week 7) guessing she's at or just slightly past the halfway mark just going off a "typical" sativa flowering time. Friggin Sadie was thirsty today, had to water her twice as her morning watering didn't last the day, light pot at bedtime, she got a full 5 gallons today minus a bit of runoff, fed nutes this morning than just straight water. Not that I'm complaining about her drinking so much, after all that's gotta mean growth and the only growth on her now is bud production.

Darn chickens decided to tear into Sadies soil today, not super thrilled about that but they only did minimal damage to some surface roots. Picking up some cayenne tomorrow, that aught to keep that from happening again, hehe, if not it's time for BBQ chicken:sneaky:....

8. Of the 4 clones from Sadie, one got LST'd (wrapped around the edge of the pot) this is the new mother plant and all her branches are staying nice and even so when I cut clones it'll be like giving her a haircut, lol. One got super cropped, don't think I'll ever bother doing that again, for one I see absolutely no difference in the growth pattern between her and the two that were left alone to just grow, and honestly I felt kinda like a monster breaking her branches, like I could hear her scream in agony as if I was breaking my child's arm. Say what you will, but I personally think that's a bit cruel....

9. Hahaha on the super crop it's really beneficial in some cases. Do you twist or bend? Twisting is much better IMHO and it will make a difference. Sound like you got your shit humming along!:popcorn:

10. I bent, one stroke up then down and the "snap". Looked good for a few days then I couldn't even tell which plant I'd done it to, all the branches just turned right back up and looked like the rest. The way I tied down Sadie worked really well to get her spread out and get light down into her. Branches just got too fat to leave the clothes pins on, they were obviously restricting. Maybe clothes pins with weaker springs would've worked to leave on. I'm thinking tying down but something other than clothes pins, on the mother plant I'm gonna grab some soft coated wire so I can leave them loose and just use as guides to keep the main stem circling the pot. The mother plant has 11 branches that're nice and tall, gonna clip clones probably tomorrow and then let her reveg.

Humming along and running out of room, not that I'm complaining:biggrin:. It'll be interesting to see what the final weight is on Sadie, I've got an "idea" but I'm not gonna voice it, lol, but damn she's getting plump and still a long way to go.

Absolutely lovin the organic soil. I know I didn't get all the amendments in, so my soil is still a little lacking but it's beating the hell out of having to give nutes all the time. I'm pretty sure my compost is a little high in nitrogen, need to do some sampling and get it dialed in but so far it's working.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hell yeah brother hey on the branches where it's still woody not so soft put one hand low and one hand a couple inches higher. Pinch with both hands (fingers) and gently twist in opposite directions

• Like Like x 1
  12. You should hop on the other journal with me bro, your good dudes and will fit right in!

13. I
    I might have to give that a try.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Which journal ya talkin bout?

• Like Like x 1
  15. @kc kush his grow journal that's where I chill good dudes.... Where you in the service?

• Like Like x 1
  16. No service time for me, eyesight too bad.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just a quick update. Sadie is exploding in front of my eyes, hitting around 4.5' tall +, and she's really packing on some weight.

PI is looking good, did a little trimming on her and Sadie today.

JC hit a growth spurt, 3'10" now (6"-ish in 48hrs!!!). Pretty sure she has flipped herself into flower, finally, she is the last of the three to go. Still no actual bud formation, but she sure stretched...

Sadie:
    IMG_20160806_204510.jpg
    IMG_20160806_204544.jpg
    IMG_20160806_204408.jpg

PI:
    IMG_20160806_205956.jpg

JC:
    IMG_20160806_172419.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. What a beautiful top she has!
    look at that color.jpg Sadie top.jpg

19. Sadie is beginning to look real tasty!!

looking yummy sadie.jpg