Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fun Facts About Pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HashCrack, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Did you know that the Declaration Of Independence was written on Hemp?!

2. thats a myth, it is written on parchment

3. Did you know that since you're not a party to the constitution you can't use it as protection :eek:

4. supposedly mangos make your high better

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    Not the original...  ;)

6. Pshhhhhh yea and Grizzly Adams had a beard

$ent from the Continuum Transfunctioner ±

7. I'm nit having any fun. I've been deceived. :(

actually hes right its not a myth the original one was written on hemp

9. George Washington grew hemp.

10. wasnt the first ford's panels that cover the car made from hemp? think they said that in the union. thats pretty fun

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Here's a fun fact, I love smoking it

$ent from the Continuum Transfunctioner ±

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marjiuana makes my girkfreind wet

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #14 DriftingApart, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014

Nope, it's a myth, the Declaration of Independence was written on parchment, which is basically just stretched animal skin that's been treated with lime.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/treasure/declaration_facts.html

Drafts of the Declaration however (the first two) were written on hemp, however the one that was signed by the delegates and made famous was written on parchment.

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/07/04/Was-the-Declaration-of-Independence-Written-on-Hemp/#!wKmKE

14. Nice it's true! That makes me happy.

I mean imagine how strong that is.. The effing Declaration of Independence, is written on Hemp. The foundation of the why this country is so great, the freedom it provides, the values it upholds.. The foundation of THAT foundation, is Marijuana - Amazing

15. #16 MissBaracuta, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    The first law in the American colonies regarding marijuana was a 1619 law that actually required farmers to grow the hemp plant. Once harvested, hemp was useful for clothing, sails, and rope.

During the temperance movement of the 1890s, marijuana was commonly recommended as a substitute for alcohol. The reason for this was that use of marijuana did not lead to domestic violence while alcohol abuse did.

Marijuana was first severely restricted as a recreational and medicinal drug in the U.S. by the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. The law did not prohibit marijuana use but imposed such a heavy tax that legal sale and use became nearly impossible.

In October of 1937, Samuel Caldwell was the first U.S. citizen arrested under the Marihuana Tax Act for selling marijuana without paying the newly mandated tax. He was fined $1,000 and sentenced to four years of hard labor in Leavenworth.

In 2007, nearly 900,000 arrests for marijuana violations were made in the United States. Approximately 90% of offenders charged with marijuana-related crimes were arrested for possession only.

From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia as a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and was easily obtained at the local general store or pharmacy.

During the height of World War II, the US produced a film entitled “Hemp for Victory” praising the many uses of hemp, and encouraging farmers to grow it to help with the war effort. The existence of the film was denied by the Government for many years until 1989, when marijuana advocate Jack Herrer donated a VHS copy to the Library of Congress. It is now in the Public Domain, and can be seen on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xHCkOnn-A

George Washington and Tomas Jefferson grew marijuana on their plantations.

Its first recorded use for medicinal purposes was 2727B.C.

Twelve Americans receive prescribed marijuana from the U.S. government.  ( it is down to 4 left now the others have died)

some of the largest plants I have ever seen growing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSHxdB55ys#t=89

if by original you mean drafts then yeah, youre right. but, the declaration of independence, the one everyone knows that played a pivotal role in american history and still exists today, was written on parchment.

17. Did you know if you smoke pot, you will most likely join al-Qaeda. 

18. The past 3 presidents smoke pot and the 2 previous did something i cant say but it rhymes with propane

Tell me about it, these mother fuckers wont let me leave!

• Like Like x 2