full time job

Discussion in 'General' started by Nizbomb, Jan 3, 2012.

1. you got one? what is it? I'm trying to get some ideas of where i can apply. full time jobs that require no experience are rare as fuck, and i need some ideas of where to start looking. i don't even know where to begin
    i have a delivery job right now that is taking a huge toll on my car, so i can't really keep that job much longer, plus it's far more annoying than any other job i've had, not that i mind that much.

2. Im looking too. Its so hard to find a fucking job. Im just sick of looking im ready for a 9-5.

3. [quote name='"MoonBeams"']Im looking too. Its so hard to find a fucking job. Im just sick of looking im ready for a 9-5.[/quote]

lol im ready for a 9-9, i need some papes. look for something part time. the employer could eventually hire you full time.

4. For the most part anything but professions would rather hire part time. It sucks I'm a part time associate working almost fulltime hours. No benifits while paying my way through college.

5. Well on up until a few months ago I worked in a factory for the last eight years. It was a good job and I made a lot more money than most because I was fucking awesome and completely owned the machine I ran. On top of that I took a break from that for a couple of years to work in and eventually run their I.T. dept. for awhile.

All good things come to an end though, new management took over and forced almost all of us who had been there for years out so they could bring in a bunch of people at minimum wage. I was one of the last ones to hold out, eventually throwing up my middle fingers with a "Fuck you, I'll just get a better job!". Bad idea, two months and over 60 applications later I am working at fucking Subway making minimum wage myself. They wanted me gone though, they made it pretty clear. They were paying me $30,200 a year and that was more than the new guys wanted to spend.

But just an hour ago I got a call from a friend who ran into an old boss of mine I did some contract work for who was paying me $35 an hour at the time telling me he has his own business and needs someone so there is a silver lining here. Don't give up guys!

6. i was thinkin about doin that, but every person i ask who has done that say it took them about a year to go from part to full time. i don't have a year lol. i only have until my car breaks down, which will probably be in a few months

7. take the bus then... there is no reason waiting for something to happen that wont happen and having half of the ammount X to repair is better than having nothing of the ammount x ;) unless you have something in sight of course

8. i pray to the almighty baby jesus that i can get a job this week. i hope you do too:eek:

9. i can't deliver food using the city bus lol. i wish i could
    you lost me at "ammount x"

thanks, i hope you do too man

a factory job would be sweet. i don't really give two fucks about minimum wage. that's all i've ever been paid, so i don't know any better. as long as i'm getting the right hours i'll do the job, except for jobs that heavily involve customer service like waiters and shit. also i hate people so i try to avoid jobs that have a lot of people my age working there. so a job in a factory sounds fuckin sweet. thanks for the idea

10. Check your local temp agencies. They usually do temp to hire for factories and you seem pretty well adjusted and smart while a lot of factory workers are kind of...dumb. Don't want to sound mean and I'm not saying all of them, but it is what it is. You would probably be able to get hired in pretty easy and other than being physically exhausting the work is usually pretty damn simple so it's easy to master and move up in pay.

11. word, man. i'll def look into it. i don't know of any factories around here, but i'm sure i can find some.

12. you guys have to drive your own rides to deliver pizza? what the fuck.

ok, just ignore my above post. oh and good luck with your search, i mean it

13. yea, man. i don't really see another way to deliver it effectively. the bus would take wwaaaayyy too long. can't carry the food on a bike or moped.
    but man if you know another way to delivery pizza without using my car...please, PLEASE TELL ME

14. I'm on the hunt right now too. Hard to find a place that doesn't swab or piss test that pays good. There's a pizza place hiring but I have 0 experience in the food industry and I hate the public. I'm on my last year of my Bachelor's. I installed cable for a living fresh out of high school and it was good and it was bad but I made good $ and had free cable/ internet, a company van, and company tools 8-5 m-f, theres a comcast position open right now but I couldnt piss clean or pass saliva test. I worked in a groc store in high school, and I also bussed tables. I was recently layed off from a NICE paying job. It was very random, I would have to travel, stay up in hotels, drive 5-6 hrs one way etc. But it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to go back to the jobs I had in high school and find me some tables to bus, or groceries to bag up.

15. I agree about the deliver jobs. I delivered pizzas at 2 different places and it sucked. The money was awesome but the stress levels were way to high. Before that i worked in a shipping wearhouse for over a year and a half. It involved lots of heavy lifting which looking back wasnt a bad thing. I was much stronger back then. I also had benefits and stuff, but iquit becuase it was a dead end job and i wasnt getting a raise. I was the skinniest guy in that place but i worked super hard for that company. Too bad iwas never fully reconized for it.

Honeslty, hard to get used to a new. The first few weeks are a little awkward just give yourself time to adjust.

you might not always be able to do what you love" but you can always "love what you do"

16. If you know someone in the TV industry you can more than likely get a Job as an AC (Camera Assist) pretty easy job. Takes a little getting used to the pieces n parts.

But my work of FAR from a full time job.

More like sporadic, last minute calls work. I got lucky to work in a Rental House 9-5 but out in the field is where you make dough..

On second thought. Avoid this business lol.

There's no guarantees here..

17. #17 Tomason, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012

No!^^ sorry seems like I dont express myself properly... Im not from the US (E.U.), and I only know delivery services that have their own company cars. Most of the time cars like:

[​IMG]

70hp and 1400lbs, to get the best fuel economy and they dont hurt too much on the companys expense accounts. I didnt know that there were delivery companies that force the people to use their private cars.

Enough of me going off about delivery and cars... good luck with your search