FULL TIME JOB-250$ a week

Discussion in 'General' started by mikey piff, Aug 28, 2012.

1. SO Im about to start a full time job at a warehouse. It should be paying 10 an hour but since its through a temp agency its 8$ a hour. It should be easy work though like labeling boxes. Anyways im going to get 250 a week which is shit. Does anyone else make around this much per week, and if so how do you budget yourself?

2. Dude.. I was living ON MY OWN at $350 a week.. And that was hard.. Your gunna need a roommate and plan on cutting your smoking budget down to like an eigth a week

3. How can anyone live on 250 a week? I get just over 800 and even with that some months money can be tight

4. You should probably explain what your expenses are before asking this. For example, do you live at home, or do you have to pay rent, utilities, groceries, etc?

If this is just straight profit (no real bills) just save a decent amount (50 or 100 a week) and blow the rest.

If you got bills to pay, you wont have to worry about a budget- youll be more worried about eating for the last day or 2 before payday.

5. I live off $208.34 weekly.

Granted I only pay $200 in rent, but even if I were paying for a cheap apartment by myself it would be doable.

6. You're saying you make 800 a week and money gets tight?

I make that biweekly and I still have more money than I know what to do with. Something must be seriously wrong with your spending habits if money gets tight on over 3000 a month.

7. Cost of living is a bitch :bongin:

8. 250/40=6.25

less than minimum wage?

temp agency or not the agency, your EMPLOYER, can't pay YOU less than minimum wage...regardless of the contractors payment to the agency.

9. OP must have his math mixed up, because he said it comes up to $8/hr.

Or he could be attempting to factor out what will get taken out of his paycheck through taxes etc since 8*40 = 320/week before taxes.

10. I seriously envy your self control if you could save that much cash and still eat those things all the time.

11. i was getting paid 250 for a part time job

12. i make about that much a week and im broke like 2 days after getting paid. i spend most of it on bills the rest on food n weed n other shit.

13. hmm...ya...after taxes and all, could be what he was thinking...:wave:

14. [quote name='"totalitarian"']If you don't mind eating the same crap everyday it's very easy.

Back when i was 16 i used to work at tim hortons 40hours/week for 10$ an hour.

I had to pay 550$ for rent, 120$ for Internet & electricity, 90$ for food and 50$ for everything else like soap, razors etc..

How? I would eat 1$ noodles soups 3 times a day or 90 times a month and drink water.

I had an extra 500$ at the end of each month too.[/quote]

The way you were eating was so unhealthy though I mean yea you gotta do what you gotta do but I'd feel like shit after a while.

It's ok I was living on my own but with two other people (friend from highschool and cousin)...big mistake both of them were the most irresponsible beings to live with haha I had fun we smoked mad weed did crazy shit, but they couldn't pay bills on time, both were in trouble with the law, never had food in the fridge... I remember photocopying these coupons from quick check for dollar burgers and lived off that for like 6 months.

15. To the OP, best way to pay off bills is to write down all your expenses on paper, take out the money you made for those expenses as soon as you get paid and whatever you have left is for you to spend.

16. Yeah Im talking after taxes. Im going to try and pick up a second job at night somewhere or even on the weekend.

17. Your lucky as fuck, whats your job?

18. 12k a year...spend it on getting an education so you can get a better job.