Full Spectrum

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tellytel02, Feb 28, 2017.

1. In my current grow tent I'm using a viparspectra700par dimmible light designed for a 4x3 tent. My tent is 4x4, so I was thinking about adding two viparspectra 300 to the sides of my main light. The 300 only comes in full spectrum and I'd preferably like a veg bloom switch.. but I don't want to fork up the extra Hundo to get two v.spectra 450s with veg bloom switch.. what effects will full spectrum lights have on my plants in veg? As different spectrum have different results. Don't want to confuse my plant. Suggestion, Advice, Opinions. Thanks

2. These days people are getting away from the Blurples and into COBS. Full Spectrum = White Light , which is what you get with COBs (or sunlight). The blue and red panels are actually "binary light" (if I had to come up with an accurate term). Panels with 3 watt or 5 watt diodes are never actually full spectrum, rather a selection of individual spectra. Even if the panel has 12 different diodes producing 12 individual wavelengths that's still no where near a full spectrum. Its all marketing.
    Check out Timbergrowlights or COBkits , Quantum boards are also getting alot of interest.