Full-scale Middle East war is 'imminent', warns Israeli general

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Full-scale Middle East war is 'imminent', warns Israeli general - Telegraph

and I'll also present this recent article as well.

Robert Gates: Israel an ungrateful ally

2. I was under the impression there was already a full-scale war in the Middle East.

3. A full scale war would end the US. Its only a matter of time until we spread our troops too thin, and spend too much money that we dont have. I just hope it doesnt come to nuclear war or a draft in the US.

4. It would seem that way since the US is doing a fine job of spreading the wars throughout the Middle East. The good news is, Israel's Defense Minster and another General have dismissed this guy. One even calls him "a very young General."

5. America is that jackass that puts two guys on every piece of land when playing risk instead of fortifying the enemy access points. :laughing:

6. seems like their gearing up for the fear campaign. WAR IS IMMINENT WE SHOULD ATTACK FIRST!

7. A draft in the US is what is actually needed.
    Perhaps then Joe and Joan American might wake up and see what is going on...
    If lil Joey had to go to war everything would change...

8. Oh ya...

And it will be the Iranians who are about to "launch an attack" on Israel that will kick it off...:rolleyes:

9. I don't know. While I do believe we're spread thin, I believe our hundreds of micro-wars are preparation for a full scale war that is inevitable.

We go to wars in resource rich areas to gain access to vital military supplies before our enemies do. WWII was fought and won over the control and flow of resources. Not only are we capturing resources for tactical use, but we also train our military with our wars. How good really is a massive army that's never seen action? Just by the size and specialization of our military, logistically we need to be involved in wars to keep an experienced fighting force. I see us as in a perpetual state of war preparation.

10. Yea or people will just run to canada again. I guess I cant complain much though cause I cant get drafted because my brother is in the marines.

11. How are we going to keep funding these wars though? Spending money we dont have is gunna stop working sometime soon, it already kinda is.

12. Here is a little piece of trivia: 44% of the world's oil traverses a small geographic area known as the Straight of Hormuz. It is in Iran. It is very small. Iran has gutted tankers strewn all about the straight, which are rigged to blow. They can block this straight at will.

If this were to come to pass, the hunger, riots and abject panic that would sweep the world in the few weeks to come would be indescribable. In big nations, it would take a bit longer before grocery store shelves were bare, but it would only take days before oil was on ration like in the 70s.

Here is the gamble: The USA, with its recent acquisition of Nigerian oil, thinks it just may have enough of a reserve here to fight this war. Nigerian oil can be brought to market much faster than Arab oil, but there isn't nearly enough of it.

Make no mistake, Iran is the target. The only reason we don't presently own the entire Middle East is the Straight of Hormuz, period.

Personally, I think it's all evil. When we launch attacks on Iran, I will immediately seek serious shelter for my family.

13. ^^ They think they have found the largest oil reserve in the world under brazil, I think we should invade them cause theyll be to busy having sex to notice. :D

14. To bad Brazil is on the same terms with us as Iran. They are pretty fast allies. Brazil is controlled by criminals from within prisons. Political leaders there are in the employ of criminal organizations or Venezulean influences. If Chavez tells Brazil Jump, south America is in for one hell of a quake.

15. Holy shit.

16. I'm stocking up on food and water.

17. What ?

Brazil is controlled by criminals within prisons ?

Please expand on that...
    I have lived in Brazil on and off for the last 10 years and this is new to me....

18. Oh c'mon man, next you're gonna tell me that DC is actually run by politicians...:smoke:

19. A very narrow distinction, I will admit....