[Full Review] Weed Star Double Bubbler 2.0 (Lots of HQ Pics, HD Vids, etc.!!)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by spikeystud88, May 14, 2010.

1. Its a great piece, you just can't be careless with it. Putting it in couch cushions or propped on some stuff works fine. But it falling over is surely a user error, not a reason to regret the purchase.

2. yeah, you just gotta live in a padded room, thats all!!

pieces shouldnt just 'fall over'. they should be tested and if they dont stand, they shouldnt be sold haha.

3. Or the user should have enough common sense to try and set it down once, notice it's not stable, and then never do it again! If you KNOW it wont stand up, and then a month later you try and stand it up and it falls over that's YOUR fault because you KNEW it couldn't stand up! Yes, faulty of WS to make it like that...but nonetheless if you KNOW it will fall, and it does fall, it's 100% your fault!

When I first got mine I tried all sorts of weird water levels to get it to stand up, and in the end it was a hassle so I just decided to NEVER stand it up. Is this fucking annoying? Yes. Was this piece 1/3 as much as other bubblers on the market? Yes. Because of this am I still satisfied/overly satisfied with my purchase? Yes.

Whenever we smoke this piece with other people, the first thing I tell them is DONT. FUCKING. SET. IT. DOWN. It wont stand up. So dont set it down (and by set it down I mean set it down on its BASE, not dont set it down at all).

My suggestion is to just prop it up on a pillow, put it between the couch cushions (just dont sit on it). I've been trying to come up with some sort of stand for a while now, no progress yet.

TL;DR - Yes it doesn't standup on it's own (drunken on Weedstar's part, but hey we cant fix it), but if you KNOW that then it shouldn't be a problem. It's an $80 double bubbler with a removable showerhead downstem - for the price, it truly cant be beat.

4. well id say youre right if you bought it at a store, noticed it didnt stand and still bought it. but if someone ordered it from the internet, how are they supposed to know? so yeah, its weedstars fault for selling something that cant even stand.

who the fuck wants to always have to worry about making sure you put it on something soft? how are you supposed to be high and worrying all the time? i understand what youre saying, but its definitely a reason to regret a purchase.

5. That is a sexy bubbler... i would totally drop 80 bucks on that, infact im gonna go look at the shop lol

6. Again, I agree with you...but the fact that it doesn't stand absolutely does NOT make me regret my purchase. Sure, I wish it DID stand on its own. Sure, I would trade it for one that COULD stand on it's own (granted I dont have to spend anymore money). But it doesn't stand, and I paid $80 for it, and I cant fix that. It rips harder than any other bubbler I've ever hit, and every single one of my friends BEGS me to get it out when they come over (none of them are glassheads, so even though I told them it's WS they're clueless/dont care - because glass that rips hard doesn't need a name).

I agree it's annoying having to find a place to set it down, but like I said...doesn't make me regret the purchase one bit. If this one broke, I would honestly probably just order another one because this thing is that good.

Hopefully in the future WS will add a bigger, hollow bottom that allows it to stand up easily when filled with water. The design just doesn't lend itself to standing up. I'm worried that even with a bigger/hollow base it still wouldn't stand up because the way the 2nd chamber is.

7. i bet you could make a nice little diy holder for when you wanna set it down though. i made one for my sherlock arm extension piece out of clay and it works great.

8. That sounds awesome, you got any pics? My GF and I have been meaning to rig something up, just haven't gotten around to it.

Clay would be the best since we could make a custom stand that each of the chambers could gently go down into. Maybe even line it with some velvet or something, make it badass lol.

Good idea!

P.S.
    Dumb question, but do places like Hobby Lobby sell large amounts of clay? And how do you harden clay...oven?

*facepalm for dumb questions*

9. i think we used artistic molding clay. the kind you can put in the oven to make harder. i dont have a picture, but you just make a square, gently press the piece into it, bake it, and let it harden. then you can just put it in it.

10. Awesome. Will hit up Hobby Lobby and try this soon. Thanks dude!

11. Mine got stolen out of my car. Bad juju. :(

12. That's fucking weak man. Fuck whoever did that, I would never steal another person's piece, let alone even touch it without their permission...

IS NOTHING SACRED?!

13. I know and that's all they stole out of my car. It made me more mad than anything else has ever made me hands down

14. What the hell..... why is this gone? Right when I'm gonna pick this up its both gone on here at the GC store and EDIT.....

Anyone no if it'll be availible or should I set my funds for something different?

15. I got mine a couple weeks ago and it does stand up just fine. I even bought a ash catcher for it and if I turn the ash catcher all the way to one side it still stands pretty firmly. Thing rips, my favorite piece.

16. Well it finally arrived :eek: x :D

Bout to test it out tonight

17. just got mine 2 days ago, its so sick! nice review!

18. Nice bong man! Love the standing deature.. kinda precarious for my taste though :)

19. Hey man, first of all i want to say thanks for an awesome review of a piece that i couldn't personally make up my mind on. (but i think after your review and a few others i have read i've made up my mind on the double bubbler 2.0, thanks :smoke: ) You did an awesome job on the review, with vids/pics and detail descriptions.

I realise now that i said first of all but i only really had one thing to say, awesome review! Once i get mine in I am going to do a video review i think, thanks again!

Keep on tokin' :wave::smoke::wave:

20. Its a shame, I was checking out your review, and I have to say that unfortunately your's seems to have less flaws in it than mine.

Im gonna make a detailed report of it, but I fucking broke the damn shower head. Completely my fault fortunately, went to go clean it, and I wasent used to its length, and just smashed it down onto the sink -.-;

Gonna get a replacement showerhead then give it a go.