Full Review of the Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Blackk Label HR, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hello all.

Let me start by saying that I decided to get this a vaporizer because of the health and conservation benefits. I was getting sore lungs and some chest tightness from smoking so much, so I decided to save money and my cardio routine by switching to vapor. I just got the surfer today, so I can't report on my lungs feeling better but I will update after a month or so of use. On to the review!

1. Packaging

I ordered from vapeworld.com and it came in 2 days in an inconspicuous brown box. Inside was the carrying case, and it contained everything I needed to get going, each in its own individual pocket.

It came with:

-Silver SSV w/ a custom knob (all SSVs have custom glasswork)
    -Carrying case
    -Whip
    -Mouthpiece
    -Bowl/Wand
    -Custom glass stirring pin
    -Stickers and instructions
    -Some screens
    -A thunderfuck-awesome grinder

2. Look / Design

I got a very cool custom knob/wand/heater cover/stirring pin color combination, and the unit itself is heavier than one might expect, which indicates to me that it is solidly constructed. It feels very sturdy as well, and the shell seems to protect the heating element very well. It is a brilliantly simple design.

It works like this: ( )==-__ The equals signs are a tube encasing a high-quality ceramic heating element, the dash is a hole in the tube, the underscore is the empty tube, and the parentheses mark an angled opening (in my case made of ground glass). When the heating element gets hot, you suck air through the dash (hole in the glass tube) and by the process of convection, it is superheated as it travels out the parentheses (tube) and into the bowl/wand, which is fitted ground glass.

3. Use

It's INCREDIBLY easy to use. I did a small amount of research and have been hitting it EASILY since the first bowl (not burned a thing yet). The trick is to know that the strength of your pull controls the heat of the air. If you pull slowly, the air has time to cool to a burning temperature rather than a vaporizing one, and you DON"T want to burn a bowl. So, you set the knob to 1:30 or 1:45 and just pull hard! It's that easy to get huge, milky but vapy hits. I even hold the mouthpiece to my 22" double perc bong's slide and milk it through that- VERY pleasant.

I sat down to try it out and was SKY high in minutes. I'm a heavyweight combuster but I guess this vape can just kick my ass. I'm a huge fan of the fact that I used one bowl in the afternoon and one in the evening, and was able to enjoy a relaxing day of Black Ops stoned as FUCK and hoped for snow. *Yes Winter Break is even for college kids...* I also really like the flavor that vaporizing seems to let loose. It makes smoking very enjoyable, and it's a great way to tell if you're vaping correctly.

4. The Grinder

This thing comes with an AEROSPACED grinder, which may or may not be a big name, I'm not sure. Before you get all snooty and brandy about what kind of grinder it is, let me just say this. Never have I encountered a more well-oiled feeling, smooth, put-together, sharp, and efficient grinder than the one that came with my SSV.

5. Overall:

Is it expensive, yes.
    Can I afford it, yes.
    Will it save me money on tree, yes.
    Does it get me high, yes.
    Does it make my bud taste amazing, yes.
    Does it save my lungs, yes.

D'uh. :hello:

2. great post man :p ya my buddies got one of these its a pretty great vaporizer.... actually prolly gonn agte one myself

3. Shit man, I hardly remember the first day I got my SSV because it was so stony!

Love it ^^

4. I love my SSV.

Try hooking it up through a bong and load it up with ice....amaaaazing!

5. I just had a wonderful revelation. The internet, in all its infinite mendacity, led me to believe that I needed to purchase some kind of attachment to run the vapor through my workhorse of a bong. I tried holding the mouthpiece up to the downstem, which worked, but not gloriously. What works gloriously, and for free, is the simple act of sticking the tube into the 14mm joint- it fits like a glove. :hello: The rips are flavorful and make me...

oblasterated.

Gosh I must be high.