Full metal alchemist, best anime ever made

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by dowierasta, Dec 4, 2010.

1. So i just finished watching the 51 episodes for full metal alchemist, only took 3 days but its just so good. Probably could have done it in 1 sitting but wanted to savour it more. For those of you who like anime in any way JUST GO AND WATCH IT. Its a series which left me sitting there in silence at the end of it reflecting on the awesomeness....10/10 no doubt

2. I liked this series, never got to finish it, but it was enjoyable.
    The best anime to me was Cowboy Bebop. Enough said.

3. guess what... they made a whole nother fma series, its called brotherhood

4. If you gave the first FMA a 10/10 then brotherhood should recieve like a 17/10. Story is faithful to the manga and it makes a lot more sense.

5. What's it about? The only anime I could ever tolerate watching was Death Note. Is this anyway similar to that?

6. Dude i couldnt sum it up that well but i HATE ALL ANIME besides FMA, the first few episodes may seem a little childish at some points but after like 10 episodes it gets REALLY REALLY good

7. I added FMA to my instant queue on Netflix to watch after watching Mushi-Shi.

8. havnt seen brotherhood but ive heard good and bad things about it. What put me off from watching it is apparently it isnt as dark and there isnt as much character development (or filler as some like to call it) but mainly i dont want to risk my opinion of the first series being lowered like when i watched dragonball as a kid...then when dragonball z came along i was slightly dissapointed

Maybe il give brotherhood a watch next time im ill or something.

Oh and for all those who have seen the 1st FMA series and loved the ending....dont watch the movie "conqueror of shambala" After the credits rolled i went looking for a memory flash thing from Men in black......nuff said

9. Read the manga. It's a hundred times better than both of the anime adaptations. Brotherhood is good, but the opening episodes really let it down because they rush through the bits the original anime already went over.

I'd offer you a link to a manga reading website, but I have a feeling that'd be illegal on GC. So I will suggest you go find it by your own means. You won't regret it.

10. #10 DV, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    I have to agree with this, some of those episodes are way intense and
    can really rival some prime time dramas. The show was good at provoking
    emotion when you got to know all the characters. It was part of the reason
    I kept watching.

Especially when these fuckers started coming into play.

[​IMG]

One of my favorite episodes is when that scientist turned his daughter into
    a Chimera with her dog. I was so sad. I haven't seen this show for years
    and I still remember Nina.

[​IMG]

11. you obviously have never heard of Cowboy Bebop.

12. Actually, yeah. This.
    Cowboy Bebop is the best anime. I don't think it's possible to top it.

13. Brotherhood is still really dark, but in different areas because the first FMA anime introduced new characters that weren't in the manga. I recommend you read the manga first because the manga is definitely darker than the brotherhood anime; i think people say Brotherhood isn't dark because the anime is filled with japanese humor.

14. Ha, that's pretty funny but nah not even

15. I haven't watched it yet. It seems to be an amazing anime..!!!

16. I'm watching the Full Metal Alchemist series now and I just saw that last night. It was SO fucked up, I couldn't believe the dude would have done that to his own daughter. This is probably the best anime I've ever seen. ( I haven't watched much. )

17. Let me fix that for you.

"Best anime that I've seen."

18. It's my favorite I've seen for sure. Brotherhood is way better IMO every character gets there moments and the last 12 episodes or so are so amazing. It actually felt like everything was building up to the conclusion.

The original series kind of took a left turn after greed dies if you ask me. I like the direction that Brotherhood took it in much better. Plus the animation is better.

19. Ghost in the Shell is amazing too check that out

I believe Brotherhood is based off of the canon manga story much more so than the original series.