Fukushima Nuclear Plant

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Marx, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Is there anyone else that is at all concerned at this ongoing event? 

I mean I wouldn't as much if it seemed the world powers cared at all about the tonnes of radiated sea water that is leaked into the ocean everyday.. Were actually looking for solutions, but you bearly hear about it at all in the mainstream media.

Sea life is sick all over the world and it seems that the worlds super powers are leaving the 'cleanup' effort to Japan.

I would just like to know what other people think about the situation really..

Cheers

2. There action will create an environmental disaster, time will tell.

3. Of course, but isn't in concerning at the passiveness our so called 'world leaders' have in approaching such a problem?

To almost ignore it all together and wait for the absolute worse consequences possible? 

4. Sucks to say but they're pretty much close to walking away from that disaster there isn't anything they can do about itSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumj

5. #6 Sennalover, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Its a complex issue now and very unfortunate one. There is no easy fix for it. Go to Russia they original sarcophagus has failed and there gearing up to encase it with another. 

They do care but its a dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenario. Right now they have to pump massive amounts of water to keep the reactor cool...no place to store it so its being stored in above ground containers. They have no idea what to do with the water after that. Its not a little...were talking hundreds of tons a month. Then on top of that they can not get inside to repair or seal the leaks. 

Its a similar scenerio that Russia is having with there cracked Sarcophagus...its to radioactive for humans to repair and robots cant. 

Japan also is the 3rd largest economy and they are more then capable of handling this issue. Scores of American teams have been and honestly there is not much that can be done. I think one of there lastest attempts is to freeze the ground with liquid nitrogen to stop the leaking water so they can keep it contained and not continue to pump endless amounts in. 

6. The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (<span>福島第一原子力発電所 Fukushima Daiichi Genshiryoku Hatsudensho<sup>?</sup>)</span> is a disabled nuclear power plant located on a 3.5-square-kilometre (860-acre) site<sup>[1]</sup> in the towns of Okuma and Futaba in the Futaba District of Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. First commissioned in 1971, the plant consists of six boiling water reactors (BWR). These light water reactors<sup>[2]</sup> drove electrical generators with a combined power of 4.7 GWe, making Fukushima Daiichi one of the 15 largest nuclear power stations in the world. Fukushima I was the first nuclear plant to be designed, constructed and run in conjunction with General Electric, Boise, and Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO).<sup>[3]</sup>

7. I'm concerned but I don't think we can do much about it. Radioactive materials aren't exactly easy to handle. I wish we could do more to stop this but there is only so much we can actually do. We have come to an age where our technological advances come about before we explore the consequences and complications of them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I am doing all I can to keep myself in relative good health.

By some it is estimated cancer rates will sky rocket within our generation partly because of this catastrophe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Whelp we're all gonna die

Sent from da panic room using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. not all of us, but millions, for sure. yall should survive with me! it's gonna be alright, for real

11. Check enenews.com for timely information about Fukushima NPP.

12. Lots of fear mongering and misinformation on what's going on with fukushima. Why does a conspiracy theory need to resort to fear in order to inform?

I'll post Meit's post from the other fukushima thread

13. Reddit AMA on March 6th with a panel of concerned scientists.

14. I gotta remember to catch that. Sounds intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. It was a conspiracy to slowly cripple the united states

16. #19 corkybuchek, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    the recent finding of the first ever conjoined grey whale calf is indeed interesting considering the timing and movement of metals in the ocean from fukushima.

It's interesting and probably a causality.  Like the link between massive CCD and Glyphosate resistant crops and industrial agriculture. The plants that do not die as a result of gene splicing with Glyphosate are selected for cultivation in agricultural crops and food crops.  A description of CCD i thought was good *in a butterfly society* is that the bees swarm around the crops in massive numbers, then fly away to the mountains. Fading without any explanation