Fuk Jackson Hewitt

Discussion in 'General' started by UofABoogie, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Just needed to rant. So i know its the 14th and i procrastinate ALOT. But shit, i went in to get my taxes done today. I went there for the convenience of not having to do them myself.

Im a single college student who works full time. Parents dont claim me.

It took the dude 15 mins. This was our convo

dude: So youll be getting a refund of $300... somthing dollars for fed and you owe $50 to state.
    me: Wha? Whay am i not getting most of this back?
    Dude: Blah blah blah blah blah. (dont actually care, im very ignorant of this matter)
    Dude: and we have a fee of 128.
    me: 128 what?
    dude: 128 dollars.
    Me: Ur kidding me rite?
    Dude: no
    Me: 128$ for 15 minutes of your time?
    dude: (sits back in his chair and grins) It took me more than 15 minutes to learn how to do this.
    me: Well i can do it myself for free, Im an ez file. give me a break. I could do your job and i wouldnt charge that much. I jsut wanted to pay for convenience.
    dude: Well whats a reasonable price?
    Me: not 128 $:rolleyes:
    dude: well you shouldnt wait till the 14th do get them done.
    me: Well you should go fuk yourself (ok didnt really say that but i wanted to)
    me: well ya know i can just do them myself and post date them tomorrow.
    dude: if that what you want to do.
    me: yeah, w/e have a good day.

I mean $128 for a fukin ez file that takes less than 20 minutes? fuk that and fuk this government:mad:

2. You didn't care to find out how much it cost before you went in?

3. #3 UofABoogie, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    Ive never paid over $40 to have my taxes done. There jsut tryin to rip people off. I didnt have it done there. walked out. Imma just do it on turbo tax for free like last year. just didnt feel like doin it

Edit: I just lost my cool with the whole it took me long than 15 minutes to learn how to do this. I felt better when i when i went to pay rent and found out i had 75$ credit which was nice