Fucking shit.

Discussion in 'General' started by Starlore, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I'm so sick I can't stop coughing. I was forced to the doctors after days of nasal congestion, hurting chest, non stop coughing etc. Found out I got bronchitis. Maybe on the verge of pneumonia.

So I'm all WTF this shit sucks, but I'm glad I was forced into going to the doctors now.

Anyways. I'm on so many fucking meds now.

I'm on my normal daily prescriptions (5 of them), I'm taking mucinex, some other high strength antibiotic, and I'm stoned and completely xannied out. Like seriously. Fighting to keep my eyes open and can barely form a sentence, yet I can't sleep because of the cough.

Than I get an IM from someone I havent spoken too in like a years. I get this whole story about how they're married now and have a child with one of my other old friends. I'm all happy for them, but i'm barely coherant because of my meds all mixing together.

Then she tells me their shes unhappy with their marraige, and life in general. I'm like... okay, i'm sorry... I listen even though I havent spoken to them in a while they used to be one of my best friends, and I even dated her at one point.

So she's starts with this stuff about how depressed she is, and how she just wanted to contact me and let me know 'before she goes' that she is sorry for hurting me and she really liked me, that I was a true friend.

So as I'm talking to her, I already know where this is going. They start talking about how they've hurt so many people and how unhappy they are, but their speach (or should I say grammar, since it's online) is becoming worse by the second. so I'm like, what are you on? She's been drinking a 5th of some liqour and downing four prescriptions. I been trying to talk her out of this shit for like an hour now and she just keeps talking about what a horrible person she is.

And I can't help her as much as I'd like, or put words together like I normally would because im so fucked up on all this medication, and I'm so sick I can barely see straight. So I know my advice isn't as good as it could be.

I want to help her, what should I do? I know her cell phone number, but I dont know where she lives now so unless her cell is in the area code she lives, I'd still have no way of telling anyone how to get too her. Just what area she lives in. If she posted on any forums I'd track down her IP and have the local PD run out there, but I can't do that either.

So it's like, I'm feeling so weird. I feel angry at her a little. Shes got a beautiful new boy, and she's ready to give that up for good because she's unhappy in a marraige and some decisions she's made in her past. Its so hard to respect someone who is willing to let their child grow up motherless over some pain that will eventually pass.

On the other hand, I am trying to be as sympathetic as I can and talk her out of doing something she seems to have her mind set on. I don't know what advice I can give her or what I can say to make her feel better about things, at least long enough to get to a level state of mind. I really do care about her, and I'm kind of freaking out that she's doing this. Even though I haven't talked to her in forever, I still care about her immensly.

I wish I knew what to say. I wish I knew what to do. I wish I wasn't sick so I could give better advice.

And the sad part is, she contacted me over AIM, so if she does go through with it..... I'll never even know. She said she wrrote a 'letter'. I told her she better not fucking do it but her typing is becoming worse by the minute. All I have is her cell number. I told her to add me too the letter - as I'd like a phone call if anything ever happened to her..

but I'm like so freaked out about the situation. I feel bad, really, too... Because I've got a dear friend who I've shared many good memories with in the past trying to/is in the process of commiting suicide, and part of me is still thinking about the rest I should be getting because of how sick I am. Am I a fucked up person or what?

What can I do? She seem pretty persistant, and doesn't seem to be just looking for attention. She actually randomly msg'd me just to say what a good friend I was and to tell me godbye, not really look for attention. She even said that I'm the last person she's ever going to be talking too.

Bahhh fuck.

Never catch a fucking break, and this sickness is killing me.
    09 sucks too. Just adding this to the list of things that suck.

I hope she passes out before she takes to many pills and drinks too much... I wish there was some way to contact her besides phone since she wont pick up. I am worried about someone states away and I know I'll never know the outcome of the conversation after we finally say goodbye. Or if there was some way to contact local PD, but I dont have her address, or even a zip code. Just an area code from a cell phone.

Stay safe,
    Starlore.

P.S. now she's all telling me she loves me and I should pursue my old dreams, but that it's time for her to go. 'Half the bottle is gone' and the pills are on the way. *sigh*

If it's not one thing, it's another.

2. Wow guy, sum it up for us all Impatient people why dont ya. Got some quick fingers *****!

I have a killer cough right now, I be straight chokin n shit.

3. #3 Floydian, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

4. Did you even read the post?!:cool:

5. wow dude...what a trip... im really sorry you had to experience that. sending good juju your way

6. #6 Floydian, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019

7. dude the cops can track her cell phone. call them and tell them you have her cell and she might be killing herself.

8. Wow.

Shit...

Positive vibes your way man. Seems like 08 was shit for a lot of people. Looks like 09 could be too :(

9. Good news... She passed out from the liquor before the pills went down... I'm talking to her now... Trying to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

And I'm so sick, I've got bronchitis and it's on the verge of pneumonia. I should be hospitalized.

10. Hey man, this is a reallll serious deal brother, this chicks life could be in your hands right now. you need to approach this with the utmost respect and care. idk if her passing out is the best thing right now. she might have taken more pills then she has told you/remembers so she could be real close to not waking up. call her, talk her through this, get her talking about her kid, ask questions about her kid. anything that reminds her there is a reason to live. there is always a reason to live, never too late to change. try to get some information from her like her address, slip it in easy "so hey, where did u say ur livin now a days?" cheesy, but it could work. keep her talking about good things. help her man.

11. Thanks for the kind words, she's awake today. I'm talking with her now, and trying to tell her the right way to go about things. I'm reminding her of her child, and since she's not in any current crisis state of mind, where she's thinking about ending it all.... I'm going to take your advice; ask for her address. I will tell her it's so I can send her snail mail that will eventually make her smile.

I did manage to talk her into going about things the right way though.

She was just going to either a) pack and leave in the middle of the night leaving her child and husband behind, or b) commit suicide. She chose option b and I'm glad it didn't happen. I also talked her into going about things the right way - like if she is really persistent on leaving, and won't go about it any other way, like things are really that bad for her in her current state - it's just she's got to get out, that she should talk with her husband, tell him he's got no choice in the matter that she needs to find herself, but don't just walk out one night and leave him with a child wondering where his mother ran off too...

Also, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I know I rant a lot and go into details about things. Most people just skimmed over it, which is why they didn't get past the part where I have bronchitis.

Stay safe,
    Starlore.

12. good job man, haha the only reason i didnt skim is cause i was thinkin "theres no way this kid just wrote alllll of that just about having bronchitis" haha way to handle it though bro.

13. To start with, I have that cough too, it's going around. Mine has been awful for a long time, but not smoking seriously helped it go away.

After reading what you wrote, could she just be reaching out for help? Sounds like it to me more than an actual suicide attempt.

Give her the suicide helpline number, they stay on the phone with you for hours and will call the cops if you are serious about hurting yourself.

You are obviously a great friend, seeing her through this in her time in need when you're all fucked up yourself (illness and what not), but I would tell her to call the hotline, they WILL help.

Oh this was from earlier.

If I were you, I would stay as uninvolved as possible, I know that makes me sound like an asshole, but I think this is over your head. She's married, with a child and is being selfish and roping you in. [I might just be like this because I had a friend who was acting just like this, and 'attempted' suicide twice in the last month, but in the end it was a manipulation for attention and to get her what she wanted] Nobody should have to endure an unhappy marriage, but there are obvious steps to get out of that, leave and file for divorce.

Please be careful and look out for yourself. If she's feeling this way she needs professional help. I still stand by my recommendation of her calling the suicide line, they can give her resources like free health care, crisis intervention and support groups.

I understand you wanting to reach out to her and save her, and I commend you for being an upstanding person instead of turning your back, and please don't think that's what I'm encouraging you to do, I am encouraging you to not become to entertwined, you hadn't talked to her for a minute before this, and she had obviously moved on with her life.

Try to encourage her to get help, you're out of your league. We all are in these situations.

14. ^^^
    I agree. I think it's way to much for me to handle, as specially since I'm not an expert on traumatic situations or handling crisis situation, and there are people trained just for that.

Thanks again, for all those that took the time to read. I've taken all of your advice and am putting serious thought into what everyone has said.

Thanks again, one more time for the time it took you to read that and the advice or knowledge in which you share.

Stay safe,
    Starlore.

15. Shit man on the verge of pneumonia?! You shouldn't be dealin with this shit, you should go lay down until you fall asleep, eat a lot of chicken noodle soup too.

It's pretty crazy looking at where your childhood friends end up... Some of the smartest kids who you thought would be the one in your group to make something great of themselves.. Become rich and live a fucking sweet life ends up marrying a 19 year old high school sweet heart who already has a kid, and the only reason he married her was because he had a kid on the way... Fuckin life.

Glad your helpin this girl out man... Good karma comin your way :smoking:

16. I'm sorry about that shit man, it doesn't sound like you're doing too well right now.

17. Starlore, you already know this but I luv ya! You are the sweetest most generous person. You are a good man for trying to ensure she was ok. You do have good karma coming your way. You deserve nothing but the best. :love::love: