Fucking seriously?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RollinGanja, Mar 5, 2014.

1. #1 RollinGanja, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    Alright so I'm an ex catholic, went to a private school from pre k 3 through 8th grade. My mom and her side are hardcore Catholics that wouldn't dare question every word in the bible. Since highschool I've slowly began to lose faith, not in just my religion but gods very existence.

Currently I don't follow any religion and don't believe in any god, at times I do want to believe but I can never bring myself into believing in a god or heaven and hell. Anyways I saw this trailer and it completely baffles me. It's called God Isn't Dead..obviously it's gonna paint everyone as a lost soul because they're not Christian or believe. I'm not one to put someone down on their beliefs regarding religion but there's this one line in the trailer that bothers me too much.

The main character states that science provides evidence of gods existence and that the antagonist just flat out hates god. Maybe in the movie the antagonist does just hate god but I'm not cool with any Christian movie making up bullshit to make it more empowering for "believers". I know I'm just getting worked up over nothing, I just know when this hits theaters all the hypocrites and holiday church go'ers will put their little halos on and start embracing this dribble. I wonder how everyone would react if the roles were switched and there was an atheist that had to defend his own beliefs against believers. All hell would break loose!! Anyways sorry for the rant, religion just gets to me sometimes, here's the trailer if you're interested in seeing what I'm referring to.

http://youtu.be/90PWFEeRApA

Sent from my iPhone using Hii Power

2. #2 As Above So Below, Mar 5, 2014
    Lol well first of all everyone is wrong.

I find it laughable that Scientist's and Religionist's (that even a word?) think they are right.

No one is right.

Because no one can prove they are right.

It's hilarious.

It's like watching two retarded kids beat each up over something neither one understands lol.

3. #3 RollinGanja, Mar 5, 2014
    Yeah let me make it clear that I'm definitely not saying that they are wrong thinking god exist, I'm just a lil peeved that it would go as far as saying science can actually prove gods existence suggesting that they are the smarter retard. I believe what I believe and everyone else can do the same just don't make up bullshit to try and be the "correct" one.

4. Agnosticism for the win

5. Actually I am an Apatheist lol.

God plays no role in my life, even if he is real.

I find it hilarious that you have millions of people believing they are right when they have no proof to back it up.

For some reason religion is not classified as a mental disorder...

Makes you wonder...

6. I believe that we cannot comprehend GOD. In the bible god is a contradiction.

Let me illustrate.

GOD means he is omnipotent, omnipresent. A GOD is someone who knows everything, past ,present, and future.

Since GOD made us, he already knows our predestined lives.

We are born, we make 'decisions' and we live our lives. Except that is not the case. Since GOD knows our every move and decisions, our life's are pre planned.

If you think free will exists think of this.

GOD knows everything. He knows all past, present, and future actions. Since he made you he knows what you are going to do. Thus you have no free will, he made you to do the certain actions that you are going to do. 

If you make an action which he does not know, he is not a god. 

Again, a GOD is someone who knows everything, past, present, and future.

7. #7 4r5t6y7, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014

Hm first i've heard of that religion / belief.  Gotta look into it more, maybe it applies to me more than Agnosticism 

8. I made a very similar argument with my parents when I refused to go to church with them back in highschool. I pointed out how it's my free will to not go but at the same time it was all part of gods plan. They had a very dumbfounded look on their face and my mom just said "okay" and they left to church leaving me with my beliefs. I still don't understand why she still goes but I know some people use religion as a positive reinforcement in their life so it's whatever.

9. Religion in my opinion is to keep people in fear... ex. follow 10 rules or burn forever after death.  Those people follow those rules and feel a false sense of happiness and believe they are doing everything right and good.  Fear controls them.

10. I have absolutely no belief system. I can't even call myself an atheist because that word even implies a belief system...of which I have none.

I guess I am agnostic? There is no possible way to know so to me it is not even worth trying to figure out. I will find out the truth when I die. Or I will slip into permanent darkness and will never know. Honestly I Dont care. I Dont care if consciousness is permanent or temporary. Either way you win.

11. Yeah I feel ya. I just wanna live life doing what I want, good or bad.