fucking roomates

Discussion in 'General' started by stonedintheboat, Oct 26, 2007.

1. sorry, i just need to vent

god my roomate sucks. he has absolutely no respect for anyone, not even himself. he never cleans his shit, i mean anything, not even the dishes he eats off. he broke our vacuum and won't replace it, so we can't even clean up for him. he always has people over, mostly stupid dorm kids who just want a place to go get drunk. how can you have fun partying with kids you've never seen before every fucking night? and I'm sick of having to be an asshole, kicking people out of my house every night so i can get some sleep. not to mention he still owes me $1300 (yes thirteen hundred dollars) in rent and security, thats four months late. last time we talked about it, he threatened tell my mom i smoke and occasionally trip shrooms. my mom knows i smoke, but if she found out about the mushys shell stop paying my tuition. i know i shouldn't let that bother me too much, but he's the kind of bitch that would do something like that to get revenge on me. now my fucking heartburn came back, after a year with no heartburn, and i'm going to have to move out or get ulcers. fuck that!! maybe i'll just tell the landlord he was the one that dumped a trashbag full of empty tallboys in the parking lot. it'd be a dick move, but it is the truth.

anyway, thanks for letting me rant

2. fuckin A man i have the same fuckin problem !!! except my roommate only owes me 1000 butg i know how it goes except my roommate dosent do anything but sleep adn watch videos on you tube he dose have a job, he hasent for 3 months and he's fuckin pissin me off, ive turned off the electricty in his room, he isnt allowed to do laundry or eat our food, just start cutting him off

3. How about you grow a set and tell him this to his face? Be a man. I would have 2 months ago.

4. actually i just told him that he either goes n gets some applications or he cant sleep here tonight and i think hes gonna because its like 30 here haha n snowy

5. emperor, yeah, we started cutting him off on food, we can't kill his electric because its on the same breaker as my other roommate, who's chill as hell. i've even started to get rid of stuff like my stereo, amp and speaks, the hammock, it just sucks.

primetime, i've told him to his face, he is just that type of spoilt rich kid who got himself kicked out of his house, but still thinks he's the shit and can just do whatever he wants. i've been giving him shit about the money since he moved in, but he just threatens to tell my 'rents bout the shrooms and shit. the last thing i want to do is get pulled out of school and have to move home, witch would happen if they found out. i'm responsible about my shit, i only trip on weekends, and not often, i get good grades and shit, and i don't want to have to drop out cause some bitch doesn't want to pay me the money he owes me.

6. since he's rich, why dont you call his parents and tell them their d-bag son owes you 1300$ and you need it right now, its worth a shot

7. fuckin good idea, i wish i could do this, my roommate is adopted and never talkes to his parents im just gonna lock the doors next time he goes out to smoke a cig

8. but his parents kicked him out the day i paid the first/last months rent and security deposit. if he'd been kicked out the day before i'd never have let him move in, as it was, we drove from steamboat, where i live now to denver, where i'm from, so i could move all my stuff. anyway he calls me that night says he's back in steamboat cause his parents kicked him out. his parents won't give him money any more than i will, and i don't blame them, this kids just hates on his 'rents so bad, calling them alcoholics and shit (which they're not). he fucked his relationship over with them pretty bad. i'm giving him an ultimatum tonight when he gets home, either he pays both me and my roommate back our share of the last months rent and deposit, and his share of the f/l/d so we can leave, or he can pay me back the first months rent and get the hell out.

oh yeah, the $1300 is his share of the first and last months rent, and the security deposit, hence the figures above.

9. your room mate is basically blackmailing you. He will never pay you that 1300 I garuntee.

Honest opinion, if you ever want that money. Find a very sharp object and hold it to him if you know what i mean. look him in the eyes and make sure you get your point across.

or just forget the 1300.

he clearly is not going to pay you or he wouldnt have threatened to tell your mom you smoke.

How do you beat black mail?? extortion, and violence, which i do not condone. you need to make sure your compensation is well worth the 1300, compensate by any means possible. take a tv, ps3 as colateral until you are paid. In the mean while if he tells your mom, then you got his colateral and you can always send him off by setting him straight by other means.

id take his book bag, 600$ worth of books that if he doesnt have hed waste 5000$ on his semisters tuition, if he fails the semister he likely wont enroll and be your room mate next spring.

10. legal action is next. don't let a punk like that black mail you.

also man, dont worry about your parents finding out you shroom. you may want to go to them first and tell them the situation and tell them about the shrooms. but then follow up with its only on weekends and look at your good grades. if your parents are good people, they will know whats up and do whats right.

11. yeah i know he thinks he's not going to pay, and the doesn't have anything worth 1300 to take as collateral, even his cars a piece of shit, that i couldn't even sell here in the springs. besides, if he calls my mom, two things are gonna happen, one, my mom is one of the most peaceful ppl you will ever meet, the only ppl she would say she hates are ppl who seek revenge, so i'd prolly end up in the clear, i just know she'd be dissapointed in me if she find out i trip boomers and that is the worst feeling in the world, having a parent dissapointed in you. second thing that will happen is next time he brings a bunch of dorm bitches over i'll go to someone elses place and report a noise complaint. we've already had a warning, only because i was sober and talked to the cop outside. i've warned him about that shit, so it won't really bother me if he gets arrested for distributing to minors.

12. What proof does he have that you trip on mush? I bet none.

That little bitch needs a stomping.

13. your roomate sounds like a dick. Man i cant stand ppl like that, esp if they threatend to snitch. Thats the one thing that pushes my button, duke needs to get dropped.

I know violence isnt the answer but get someone to at least BEAT SOME SENSE INTO HIM.

14. Why don't you tell your mom there's a douche bag who owes you money threatening to make up horrible lies about you using psychadelic drugs whenever you ask about it?

15. she knows he owes me money, and she knows i smoke, but i just don't want this asshole to be the reason she finds out i trip. i don't want to lie to her, and i don't want to call her and be like, "my roommate tried to blackmail me by threatening to tell you that i trip shrooms, so yeah, i thought i'd tell you first." IF i ever have to tell her, i want to do it face to face, and not because some douchebag is trying to blackmail me.

16. If he's not paying to live with you, kick him the fuck out. Call his parents and tell them their homeless son owes you 1300 dollars.

Or you can just call him in to the cops next time he has a party. You can actually get paid to bust parties, or at least you could where I went to high school. I never have or would unless I was in a situation similar to yours.

Good luck man, that guy is a major ass hole for sure.

17. id'a kicked that dude out my crib a long time ago
    kids beggin to be made an example of,and personally, id grant him the wish.

18. Look man, you're a grown ass man. It's YOUR life, not hers.

Just do whatever you want. Who give a fuck what your mom thinks, really. If your (ex)roommate does tell her, just explain it to her like an adult, and be like "Yeah, and I'm out of your house and you're not going to take my freedom by treating me like I'm little kid."

19. 1. Speak with your landlord and file a written complaint for anything and everything that you can complain about (and still sound reasonable). This will come in handy later.

2. Speak with your mom and explain the entire situation. Make sure she knows that you are explaining the entire thing to her, and that you are at the end of your rope. Be truthful.

3. Explain the situation to your roommate. Give him an ultimatum, have people there to back you up. (not in case of a physical confrontation, but having people there that agree with your points will help you convey your point.)

4. Call a lawyer. Threaten with legal action. (get your lawyer to send him a letter) Threaten to take him to court over the money he owes you. Use all of the documentation; complaints to your land lord, proof that he owes you money ((rent receipts)), pictures, etc. - This will help your case greatly. I am no expert on legal action, so consult with your lawyer.

5. (This might be a bit out there... ) If you do get ulcers, go to a doctor. Get the doctor to prove that they are stress induced. If they are stress induced, then all you have to do is prove that your roommate is causing said stress - Bam, sue his ass. ((I don't believe in suing people for stupid reasons, but this is good enough reason in my book.))

20. Get a knife put it to his kneck and say u got 1 hr to get me atleast 500...