Fucking Police

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IglooBuds, Jul 8, 2008.

1. So me and my best friend were walking on a nature trail tonight, we had
    just rolled up a blunt and were exited to smoke it. We were walking out of
    the trail back to the whip (forgot a lighter) when three or four cop cars
    pulled up with lights blazing. They told us there had been some burglaries
    at a church near by, and apparently thats why they pulled up. They tried to
    search both of our bags but we both refused, saying we were trying to get
    going soon because we had times we had to be home, they even tried to
    scare us by threatening to call in the kaynine (sp?) unit (which does not
    exist here).

They even told me that my friend (E) had told them that I had
    threw a crowbar into the bushes earlier(they had split us up by now and
    were talking to us separately) and he never said that. So they said they had
    called in and had probable cause to search us. I only had one blunt, a gram
    or less, and they put me in handcuffs and read me my rights.

They searched E and found his glass
    and like 1.3 of weed, they then proceeded to put him in handcuffs and bring
    us to the station (five miles away). We walked the five miles back to his
    car and came back to my house. I'm too lazy to go get the fines and such
    upstairs but I also got a courtdate for in about a month or so.

What should I expect at this courtdate? Probation? Community Service? Just the fines?

2. You left out one important detail where do you live? If it's decriminalized in your state you're looking at a fine + maybe drug ed class. If it's not decriminalized then you're looking at probation.

3. Wait, so what gave them the right to search you? Was it bullshit claims made up by them just so they could search you? If so, then you got fucked my friend.

4. Or, that gives you a slight chance of getting charges thrown out. Maybe, maybe, maybe....

5. Apparently it was discrepancies in our stories that gave them the right to search us, he said we were at a movie, I said we were walking the trail the whole time. I realized these aren't fines, they're just paperwork. Also I live in Wisconsin and I'm pretty damn sure its not decriminalized.

6. Oh and also, my friend that had 1.3 grams, on the sheet they gave him, they charged him with 3 grams of THC. He had 1.3 tops, not 3 grams, will that help at all?

7. That shouldn't really make a difference. Looking at wisconsin's norml page penalties don't increase at any set amount of weight. Maybe they just combined the amount you both had?:confused:

It looks like you'll probably get probation. My advice is to get yourself a lawyer to make sure you can get it taken off your record because if you can't a second offense is a felony in your state.

8. sucks dude.

But you let him search you. IF he had probable cause you should have told him that any search he does is against your consent and that you would not resist if he does decide to search you. However, if they do, ask for their badge number and get a lawyer. If he searches you and it was illegal, you never consented to it, and any evidence will be voided. However, if he says he has probable cause (he might, he might not) then he doesn't have to tell you he has it, he will just do the search. Most likely, what he was telling you was a lie because he dint actually have probable cause, he just wanted you to give consent to a search.

If you immediately refuse to a search, the cops will get pissed and try to get you to consent to a search. It's not good enough to say no once, you gotta commit to it.

9. Except there scare tactics work. If a cop was telling me that if I didn't consent to search then they might be like "Well, you don't have anything illegal in there do you?"

10. comin straight out tha unda ground

:D:D sorry i had to:smoking::smoking:

11. guys cops are allowed to search your person to check if you have weapons on you before they talk to you or anything for there saftey, and if you guys had the weed and such on your person then its your own fault, if it was in your car it woulda been different but from what i understand it was on you so you where pretty muched screwed, i woulda just dropped it if i saw cops its not worth the risk

12. dude if i had a blunt and i was coming OUT of a nature trail and 3 cops pulled up, i'd run right back in that motherfucker

13. No, I had the blunt in my bag, he had his glass and a gram in his bag. They patted us down before they talked to us and didn't find anything. (I had no pockets and E just had a phone) It took a half hour of talking to us (more like them asking and me refusing than talking)and it took another half hour for them to talk on their little radios before they said they had gotten permission to search us from the something general.

14. So possession is the only charge and you're how old, 18+ I assume? You'll probably get probation for 12 months and some community service. Good luck though let us know how it turns out.

15. Hey man that sucks what happened get a lawyer because the legal system in this country is a money game bottom line. The cops will say whatever they want to make your case sound as bad as they can, including lying. It's your word against theirs and the only thing that will help the outcome is how much money you throw at a lawyer. Good luck.

16. Yes, 19 now
    My court date is not for a month so should I not smoke at all before my court date? because I still have my stash here, and I think smoking would cool my nerves during this thunderstorm of bitch-ass police work.

17. Youll be fine if you smoke it. Its not hard to get clean in three weeks, and chances are, they wont drop you on your court date anyway. Definitely talk to a lawyer, in most states there are provisions in the law for first time offenders that will wipe the charge off your record once you complete probation or whatever the stipulations are. I went through the same thing over here in Michigan a couple years ago.

18. Ok cool, but how does one afford a lawyer? I mean, I have a job but all that money is for tuition and it is hardly enough for that. Plus I don't think they'll
    test me at court, because then it could just be claimed that it was still in my
    system since I got arrested with it.

19. Haha woooord...

No they're not. They can't search you unless they have probable cause that you've got a weapon or something illegal. They can't just search you cause they feel like it.