fucking parents and my rights

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mindless~!~?, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Well, seems kinda childish, but my big bro stole 3 of my friends CDs so i took his ipod, he complained to my parents they went into my bed room, without consent, searched my bed room, and just found a condom, good thing i had everything in a pencil case lying around and they just passed it off as probily pencils, but more so they found a condom in my back pack and were like, what the fuck are you having sex in my house, are you sexualy active, so i just told them to fuck off im 18 stay the fuck away from my stuff unless you kindly ask to look at something, i will do it. But quit going agenst my rights and going through my stuff.

Any Who, so i was wondering if there is something in the Canadian Charter of Rights that says they cant touch my shit?

2. I don't know if respect needed to be a law, hopefully they respect you in the future.

3. Yeah man when I was 16 i bought a package of condoms because things were getting kinda heavy with my GF at the time. Even though we both agreed we werent quite ready, i went out and and bought a box just to be safe... My mom decided she could raid my room, found the condoms and freaked. Youd think they'd at least be glad your safe, i mean seriously come on now do they think that if they tell you not to have sex that you wont?

4. Yeah, but come on im 18!!! Its retarded at how devistated she looked that i had a condom.

5. "Are you sexually active?!" At 18, I'd just laugh at them.

6. first off they can do any damn thing they want to their house, since its theirs. second, why would you be so rude to your mom, sure thats bullshit that she went through it without your permission, but its your mom man. have a little more respect for her and dont be such a dick about things.

7. So like do you pay rent, cause if you don't, everyhing in your house is technically your parents. Seems to me that you handled it poorly. If it had been me in your situation, I would have first sighed in relief that is all that had been found. I would have then shown her how responsible carrying a condom was, then I would have let her know how disappointed I was that she was looking through my stuff.

8. First Wookies, could i use some of your words just for something to go on my door, second they cant go threw my stuff and what not, i dont care if they go into "THEIR" ROOM just they had better stay outa my books and shit in my back pack for longboarding. Also i was not a dick its just when you are called up stairs to find everything spilled on the floor that you hold dear to you laying there you can be alil pissed i just said that they shouldnot go threw my stuff,

Third i pay rent and buy my own food.

9. When you buy rent you shouldn't have to worry about that shit. If you are 18, what does it matter what laws there are? You can stand up for your own shit at that point and don't have to use laws to straighten out such a simple issue.

10. if you do in fact pay rent, then here's the simplest solution ever. you ready?

put a lock on your door. don't give them the key.

problem solved. the bill is in the mail.

11. why not just tell them you were just curious about the condom and how to use it rather than gettingyoureslf in trouble?

12. This. If your parents rented out the room to some other 18 year old they wouldn't dare go through his stuff would they? Lock your shit up but stay respectful or your gonna find yourself our on your ass. :D

13. Well, i just pay my parents money every month, i do have a lock on the door, just i dont know how they got in, I think i forgot to lock the door. More so, you guys are making it sound like i told my parents actully to get the fuck outa my life, all i did was go up the stairs and see my stuff all over the floor, ask them why, then they said i had a condom, i was like ok, thats mine. Stay out of my stuff next time please. I wasnt screaming.

14. Then you really did nothing wrong at all. In fact, since you're paying rent, that is very uncalled for. You had every right to do what you did. Plus, you're 18! Kinda ridiculous on their part.

15. just be like "at least i'm not smoking weed while i'm having sex"

16. its a condom, i mean seriously a parent who takes condoms away, guilts there kids etc. will just have sex without the condom. so in essence the people who said he should pay rent, maybe his mom should act a bit mature when it comes to safe sex. seems shes pretty uneasy about it.

IMO you did the mature thing, buying condoms. Dont talk back to your mom, (just stating cuz its her house) just simply state that your being safe about things, and you dont want to take a chance.

17. It sucks that they didn't respect your property but talking about your "rights" makes you sound like a 14 year old.
    You can't start talking about my rights your rights in a family relationship, especially when you are still living there. so get the hell out.

18. yea... dont forget BAD CONDOMS! ;) parents should have the decency to not riffle through your shit. especially making a muck out of condoms wich is a responsable desicion in the first place!

and no, talking about rights doesnt make him a 14 year old, it makes him smart for actually wanting to KNOW his rights.

19. mom went into his room cos she thinks he's still an underdeveloped brain that is irresponsible with his actions ( stealing the ipod )

speak with some integrity and class and maybe you'll be treated as an adult