Fucking Job Market

Discussion in 'General' started by Namynam, May 9, 2004.

1. This blows. I work at a restaurant and i have to work both friday and saturday nights. This is already bad enough as it is. I cant quit to find a place with ebtter hours, because chances are, i wont be able to find a job at all.

But now, i walk into work last night and the owner asks me if i saw the schedule. i work the same hours everyweek so i have no reason to check the schedule, so he point out to me i have to work today (Sunday a day i dont work, and Mothers Day, when i already have plans) So, after the schudule has been there for a week and theyve probably known they were gonna put me on there for long before a week, i dont find out until the fucking night before. So then i check the schedule at the end of the night to see who else is working, and suprise, the head cook/managers son, whos also a busboy and keeps talking about how he wants more hours isnt on for sunday, at all. Im on from 11 am till we close. This is not because i want more hours, and i doubt even though i know i work harder than him thats the reason im on. Its because his dad makes the schedule, and he didnt wanna work all day on mothers day. Neither fucking do i. The kids cool it just sucks having to work with him because he gets away with anything. We have to help the bar put away glasses and shit, i or atleast were supposed to help the bar, im actually the only one who has too, because he only does it for the hour im not in when its not busy at all anyway. I fucking hate having the choice between this job or no job, and i hate working harder than someone and still having them get treated like fucking work bitch. Ive already had to work almost everyholiday this year just because they fell on days i workedbesides christmas eve/christmas because they closed for those 2 days, and now i get put on for a holiday ona day i dont usually work, for more hours than i usually work, and they fuckign tell me the night before.
    Pisses me off so fuckng much. Im going in, high , and fucking slacking off. Fuck them. You wanna be assholes about WHEN im working, ill be a fucking asshole about HOW i work.

2. just start looking around and applying for jobs while you still work there. you'll find a better one.

3. i feel your pain, yesterday i wanted to leave my job early. i had the sick time and technicaly if you want to leave, you should beable to. get this i had to ask a manager for permission, and the manager came back and said we are not offering early outs today. i mean there was absolutely nothing to do. so, i jus sat there pissed that the company would rather pay me to sit there rather than let me go. it gets worse than that, but ive always vowed on my days off to never think about that place.

4. Resturants suck dude, I used to work at this one place to help feed my DSM addiction but the pay was shit, like 2.75 + tips and the tips sucked balls. The owner was a huge dick head too. He was all like "MOVE THOSE FUCKEN TABLES!" where to? "I DONT GIVE A FUCK JUST MOVE EM!" uhh... k.
    and he beat the shit outta atleast like 3 customers ina drunken rage. I had to work like every day of the week too dispite school and shit, it was pretty gay so I finally quit. I think the whole time I worked there I slacked off alot and slid out earily like all the time. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars of food I jacked from them, and that keg. :D

5. I had the same fking problem with my job at super A video there was 5 workers thats including me, 2 of them only work one day out of the week and one of them is a girl and the owner doesnt allow girls to close or guys who cant handle a fight ......... so that leaves 3 people to close and they always use to shove me full of hours, then the one guy who only works one day calls me up that hes sick and cant work on x-mass the only day I wanted off so u know what I did, I walked in to super a video, went up to the manager and asked why he hasnt been trying to hel pthe situation like getting more workers, he said we have enough, I explained we would have enough if they worked more then 1 day, he asked me if im mad and I told him to fk off and before I left I said I quite, then I found a cozzy job at a computer store :)

6. I hear you.....since Bush took office over 2 Million jobs have been lost.....get out there and Rock the Vote!

7. I believe you mean Smoke The Vote. :smoking:

http://www.smokethevote.org/

Grasscity Deals Near You