Fucking ID CARDS!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Switch, May 24, 2003.

1. The British Govmnt is going to introduce id cards for all adults in the uk. Personally I think this is bullshit but apparently 3/4 of british think it's a good idea. Lady x wanted us to complain about some other country- HERE WE GO. The gomnt is fucked up here, this is not a good idea. The new cards will carry name, date of birth, address, employment status, sex , photo, national insurance, passport and driving licence numbers, plus a password or PIN and "biometric information" such as an electronic fingerprint- FUCK THAT.

2. Wow, they're really puttin the lock down on you guys over there huh? sometimes i actually am glad im on this side of the ocean..

-Samus-

3. you think you have it better there!?
    haha. Before america is "land of the free" it is first "land of the blissfull"

anyways, there are benifits to having thses cards too, but i wont bother repeating them here because its all we'll hear from the government. they are gonna keep pretty shtoom about the misuse of the information, hacking of information, ability to change availability of information (ie, you just know they will sell our ID info to companies... thats the nature of the capitalist beast of a government), the re-creation of a class based society of those who sacrafice their freedom and those who dont and so become outlaws unable to do anything from enter a pub/club to buying any services, from getting a bus or other public transport service ("public" hah! like there will be any of them left) to voting in elections.

you either submit yourself to big brother or we take your rights away.

and anyone who tells you that its not as bad as that, "they arent introducing compulsory ID cards, they are voluntary"... so? it still creates a two tear society, where those with the cards experience the benifits of a better system, and those without get lumbered with the shit... so eventually we will all be preasured into getting them.

I know its happend in a few other european nations, and we've seen the news with lots of happy belgians or whoever saying "yeah, its great, makes life so easy, blah blah blah", and the journalists saying "its hard to find anyone who doesnt like it" well that just goes to show that people are far to trusting of their governments and far to ignorant of the dangers of having all that you are to the system contained on one peice of plastic with a microchip strapped to the back.

bleh, i'm just venting some steam...
    some long overdue steam... I've not "bashed"* the UK nearly enough.

*hehe, when peaple say that it cracks me up. :D

4. damn thats alot of info in just one little card! why r they doing that shit! damn thats gay!

5. That's really fucking scary. 1984 anyone?

6. Shit. What was that line from Hackers? Something about 1984 being a typo. I can't remember. I'm gonna stop thinking before my head hurts.

7. Simple and Blunt* ....Fuckers.....

8. You forgot the, "Can I score a fry?".

9. Man the future is upon us. I hope you guys are happy!

10. and then he blamed the missing fries on Joey. I love that movie.

11. this thread is back? ZD changed his AV??? WTF???

12. cant say i noticed. was too busy looking at her. wait a minute.... she had a boyfriend in that movie? ... maybe i was paying too much attention to her. ;)

Grasscity Deals Near You