Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fucking disappointing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rocker705, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Im new to smoking and have recently been smoking regularly, every weekend for bout 2 months now...First tim ei tried it was ealier this year and all in all i've probly smoked bout i would say 25 times on different occasions. The point is not one of those times have i felt an ounce high. Dont say im not doing it right cuz i am, i have professional friends who say i am smoking right and are all confused by this. normally when i smoke i take giant hits, and after bout 5 hits my throat is burning horribly and i cant even talk cuz it hurts so bad...any ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

2. Are you holding it in for a couple seconds?

EDIT:Try using a cooling device. Like a bong or vape.

3. Well what are u smoking out of? and holding it in for longer than like 8 seconds or somethin doesn't help with anything but deprive you of oxygen so that doesn't help....i dunno man just don't expect a high and go with the flow. That was the problem with most people i know who couldn't get high for a while.

4. I'm sorry but it sounds like you're stuck in an anti gravity well.

5. most of the time i smoke out of pipes one time i took alot of hits out of this gravity bong and yea i hold it in for bout 5 seconds

6. can you please ask your friends how they became professional? i think i have what it takes, but i have no idea where i can get a degree, or even compete for that matter.

7. i meant tht they hav been smoking for a long time and are experienced

8. FUCK! now what am i going to do? oh well, back to the drawing board.:(

9. The same thing happened to me when I started smoking. It was several months til I ever got properly stoned. I was smoking really crappy weed initially.

Finally someone offered something good and I was gone in a few hits. 15 years later, shit still works. :)

Just give it time. I was frustrated too.

Good luck.

10. are you taking any medications? some medications will diminish the effects of marijuana, but other than.. idk, man.. try better weed?

11. maybe ur smoking shitty nugs

12. i smoke only dank shit, no crappy shit, all headies and kush and no meds for me

13. Shit I hear you, he had me excited too, I think I would be one hell of a professional smoker lol

14. all the professional smokers could go around giving lectures and seminars on how to be better tokers so we could all be professionals some day :bongin:

15. I hear that monster is sponsoring people for the Professional Dope Smoking league in 09...
    Im trying to get on the roster.

16. Since you haven't smoked that much your throat is going to burn for a bit longer before you get use to it, then it doesn't burn at all, I would suggest maybe after taking a few hits to drink some cold water or something. You also should maybe try smoking a little bit more often to get use to it, and maybe take not as big hits so it doesn't burn TOO bad.

Good Luck

17. Try using a bong, with ice and very cold water instead of a pipe. That should help with the burning throat.

18. Nobody has said the obvious. Eat it.

Just like alcohol. I never really feel drunk. I just don't feel it. But if you give me enough I will die of alcohol poisoning, and I promise I won't be looking sober the moment before I die.

What I mean is ingest enough of it that you have no option but to feel it. Nobody has ever died from weed, but you might pass out. Eat more than you'd be able to smoke.

Put $20 worth into a grilled cheese sandwich (look up the recipe for ganja butter and make sure you don't burn it, learn about the effects of edibles too) and eat it one weekend first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I promise you will be VERY high all day. You'll figure it out at some point.

Nobody except certain people on prescription drugs can't get high on weed. It affects us all. Just like nobody will be sober the moment before they die of alcohol poisoning, and we can all die of alcohol poisoning if we drink enough.

19. It's possible that you do get high, but you don't realize you are high. Happened to me when i first started smoking, i wasn't sure what to expect until i smoked 4 grams. Then i knew what being high felt like.

20. Splurge one day and buy like an 1/8th of some good quality shit and get a bong load a fat bowl smoke, wash rinse repeat, and if you have to repeat that process!

Never heard of anyone suffering from weed immunity but idk.