FUCKing bud ROT AHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Sep 14, 2013.

1. #1 GOLDENBOY, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    So today I check up on the ladys and what did I notice.... thats right, FUCKing bud ROT!! Dammit. So I do what i've always did and thats to clean the rot off the best I can. I really make sure I get all the rot so i can slow it down. This one plant is only a week away from harvest so I did something I never do, thats pull off all the big leaves, like just about thats left is bud and some of the smaller leaves. I was going to harvest it tomorrow but then I had a second thought and now im thinking of letting it stand for a bit longer. So will taking all them leaves off going to hurt it to much, or should I just go ahead and harvest it? It only need around 3-7. I dont really pull and leaves off because I believe that the plant will take the nutrients and use them when she needs them. I only pull them when they are done. Starting late today we are going to get sun tell Friday.If anyone else had bud rot and like to post it here I don't mind.

2. That sucks.

Seems like all the bad shit happens just before harvest time.

3. Taking off all of the fan leaves won't cause much harm this late in the grow.   If you are fighting rot and are almost ready to harvest I'd be watching the weather closely.  If the forecast calls for a bunch of rain, harvest ASAP - if not, let em ride.

4. #5 GOLDENBOY, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    [quote name="lilredrice" post="18678572" timestamp="1379170719"]Pic?[/quote]
    Ok so here is a picture of this one girl. Yes I'm watching the weather and sun up to Friday. 1379176147788.jpg 1379176156729.jpg

5. That's still to early don't take too much fan leaves it will stop or slow down your bud growth. And make it smaller

6. #7 granto, Sep 14, 2013
    ...... it could spread like wild fire....keep a very close eye.........in the picture still has way time to go

7. She's as stripped as much as its going to be. So I hope I didn't take to.much. but if I did..... well I fucked up.

8. Ok so I see you say harvest can you tell me why? I just want all sides of the opinion that's all. I'm still in limbo about this

9. Yea you right. I'm going to take a peak every day. Next year I won't be getting such a late season bloomer. This sweet skunk just takes to long for my climate.

10. if it spreads more i would harvest...sometimes it can get inside the bud and rot it out from the middle...happenrd to me once and by the time i noticed the whole kola was mush

11. #12 LeetSkeetSkeet, Sep 14, 2013
    Fuck this shit!

Attached Files:

12. Daaaaw man that sucks man... it blows right? And it looks like you have a long time to go too.... fucking rain!

13. That sucks, the pic almost looks like it could be caterpillars. Is it crunchy? If not it is mold and its only gonna get worse with the weather.

14. #15 lilredrice, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    on the one pic, it look like you striped Hella lol, it looks Like my friend girl scout cookie when he striped most fan leaf to get more light to bud. The bud was same size as Urs and it stop growing

15. You still have awhile to go if you harvest now after it drys I don't think you'll get much out of it that's just too much stripping on that pole just hope them little leaves can pull enough nutes. Good luck buddy

16. No its not crunchy or anything,Its rot. I'm going to check today to see what it looks like. I don't know why I tripped out and was going to harvest it. I guess its because I had a really bad experience before with rot and I hate it..

17. If its fresh caterpillar damage it hasn't got a chance to get crunchy yet. At least that's what I find on my plants from caterpillar damage.

18. Ill check that shit out.. the

19. It seems to stopped today. So maybe I'm ok. But I'm not feeding it because I don't want anything in the soil that I can't flush out before harvest.

ya