Fucking BS Religion on Nickelodeon...

Discussion in 'General' started by locc 2ThA brain, Feb 22, 2008.

1. So, I just finished watching a show called "George Lopez" on Nickelodeon (don't worry about why i was watching it) and after 1 or 2 episodes of hilarious shit, the last episode was seriosuly the most bullshit thing ever, I will give you a summary of the episode and let you guys decide...

So the Lopez family's dog has a huge tumor, so they have to put it down and George's son decides to pray for the dog and says if the dog gets better, he will be nice to his sister, then he asks his dad George to pray too, so george prays and says that if the dog gets better in 1 DAY he will crawl up the cobblestones of some church in Mexico... Anyways, MIRACULOUSLY the dog's tumor DISAPPEARS the next day, and it was a miracle from god! the rest of the episode is just about how george doesnt want to go to mexico and crawl on his knees...

Basically they are feeding America's youth this complete fucking bullshit about praying for miracles and they'll happen....

Why do they have to prey on our youth's ignorance?

2. that show was on abc first man.

3. Yeah, I didn't know it was on nic, but i've heard of it through abc

4. Oh shit, an unrealistic situation on a fucking sitcom?

5. haha at least its about how people dont live up to there side of the bargain when it comes to praying and making deals with god too

that shows on nick at nite, not nickelodeon

6. i could care less about the religious stuff besides it was only 1 episode, Other then that there arnt very many religious references in the show.

And like everyone else before me said its on Nick at Night, The show originally aired on ABC which is owned by Walt Disney so what do you expect?

Besides its a fucking hilarious show!!!!!!!

7. I never really liked that show...

8. I love how we assume that everyone is a part of the "ignorant masses". People have minds. They don't need to be protected from ideas.

9. yeah if you wanna be entertained in a quality way maybe you shouldn't waste your time watching nickelodeon and especially george lopez's sitcom

10. you saw through it so why cant others. People allways talk about how stupid kids are and how they believe everything on tv, but you don't believe it so why should they

11. OP, why the fuck do you care? You know, if religion offends you that much, then there's this button on the remote, its usually red, if you push it it turns the TV off.

Who gives a fuck, if that's you biggest concern in life then you lead a pretty charmed life!

12. x2 .

13. George Lopez sucks, whenever I pass it when I'm channel surfing, I immediately turn away. I refuse to give that show ratings!

14. Well if you read the post, you would realize he is also referring to the kids. Kids watch that channel, so if some BS religion propoganda is being played, the kids are going to see that and take it in, which is just fucking wrong.

15. Did you even read the above posts? It's on at NICK AT NIGHT , well after kids go to sleep. And, it's George Lopez. Dude isn't that funny or talented to begin with.

16. Use your brain, You dont think kids still watch the goddamn channel after 9 a fucking clock? I'm right ty though

17. Agreed with this, and the other guy who mentioned if this is all you get worked up for it's stupid.

;)

18. Get over it i read the whole post i for one give kids more credit fir their intelligence. Also it dont sound to me like the episode was so damaging, Hell it maybe of some help to a kid who has a family member dieing hope or some. Thjere are a lot of other things that you should be concerned about your little crumb muncher watching.

Fuckin people piss me off that get so offended by the least mention of god. why, Whats this hatred of god. I dont care if you choose not to believe that's your business, if you dont want your kid watching it turn the fuckin channel. Isn't that what the liberal fascist tell everyone who gets offended by something on TV, CHANGE THE CHANNEL AND GET A LIFE THERES WAY MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES TO CONSERN YOUR SELF WITH, PICK ONE!

19. If more fuckin people would be responsible for their kids they would monitor what they watch.

20. That show only furthers the stereotype that George Lopez is funny. -Chris Griffin