Fucked Up Holocaust Story

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HideYoChurren, Dec 26, 2010.

1. I come from a half of my family (dads side) is gypsy(rom/roma people), which is like the biggest minority in the world.

I had a nice dinner with my gypsy side of the family and my *grandfather (not really my grandfather, but he is a very wise, funny respectable guy and i look up to him as so and he has the most respect in the family because he is the oldest man) told me a story.

He said that when he was a young kid, probably in the 1950s, he talked to some older gypsies who came to the US in about 1880-1900s. they fled because the country in europe that they were in was having an ethnic cleansing similar to the holocaust of WW2, where they were killing gypsies.

i dont know the prior details, but they told him that they were fleeing and hiding from some soldiers (who were going to kill them) in the woods.

They found a good spot and they all laid down and were dead silent, hopefully the soldiers would pass by and not see them.

there was some children amongst them, and some infants.

while the soldiers were extremely close, a newborn infant (3 or 4 weeks old) started to cry and scream, and it was very loud and would surely give up their hiding place and get them all killed, so the guy put his hand over the infants mouth to supress the noise. i guess this was not sufficient enough and the babys muffled cries could still be heard loudly through his hand, so he had to press harder...

and he had to kill the baby. he suffocated the baby, but he saved the rest of the group.

Very fucked up story, but i found it very interesting. maybe you guys will too. im not sure if i could do that to my own child but i guess if it came down to that my surival instincts would take over.

what do you think?

2. Reminds me of that episode of MASH, where Hawkeye tells a Korean on a bus to shut up a "chicken" in order to hide from N Koreans passing by. After some therapy, it was revealed that Hawkeye had the mother kill her baby, not a chicken, in order to hide.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

3. That's the kinda of situation where hypothetical=irrelevant. But fuuck if that story is true (I have heard similar stories in other situations, kinda sounds like on of those premises that many folk cultures share, like the flood in religions).

4. Now, people, before anyone throws around some hate, I am not supporting war, I am supporting our men and women overseas. This makes me think of our soldiers overseas. You often hear stories where people will take bullets, grenades, and other over-the-top, amazing risks to save even just one fellow person. Sometimes you have to give something big, even a life, to save others. Just the way it is.

5. Shit, that is fucked up. Really pushing morals on that one....

6. I've heard a very similar story before. Some Jewish people were hiding in a barn and a young girl smothered her little brother so the German soldiers wouldn't hear him.

7. Pretty fucked up that he told it at the dinner table also..

8. That's what I was thinking too lol what a lovely story to tell on Christmas.

9. lol yeah he did tell it after dinner but it was very interesting to hear stuff like that.

10. My German grandma always tells stories like these. And, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Kill for survival.

11. Same thing happened to the Hmong people when the U.S. pulled out of vietnam. We said we'd help 'em out but we pretty much just left and gave them a big middle finger, and instead of suffocating their babies to avoid patrols, they'd drug them. Accidentally give your baby too much and he ODs right in front of you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

There's a large Hmong population in Minnesota, or at least the part where i live, and I heard of this from a Hmong guy that would've been 7-10 years old when he was fleeing Vietnam with his family and that very thing happened to them.

Fucked up world we live in.

12. Killing the baby didnt guarantee their survival, not even the fact that they wouldnt be found as the soldiers walked past them.

I could see how they would have done it for survival though.

13. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.[/QUOTE]

this is a scary qoute.

i think that i am greatfull that, so far, i have lived in a lifetime where i personaly havent experianced war, a great depresion, lived under a dictator, homelessness, i think i have it good, im not starving. i have somewhere to live my life at; gypsy are also known for not having a place to live who wander and dont really have a home land like the english do.

can you think of a recent time in your family history where a generation didnt live though this?

learn history and what happened in the past. and not just know what happened but understand from both sides why did it happen. if anything it will better improve yourself and no one will have to know about it

14. DUDE, way in the future (assuming humanity makes it that far without blowing ourselves up) when the gene pools are so identical and too overpopulated with similar dna, YOUR FUCKIN PEOPLE will be HEROES. Like....THEY CAN JUST FUCK EVERYONE in 1/2 of the population and create an ENTIRE new mass amount of dna to spread around.

You my friend, have a destiny...

wow. Um...

the original thought i had before my stream of consciousness was interrupted by that rape train of a thought....

That is totally fucked up though, i wouldnt be able to do it i dont think. I....idk everyone could bolt and be evasive and....idk hide and when the soldiers pass them they can ambush the soldiers 2 on 1 then get back in cover while more soldiers come forward, then with the commandeered weapons they can BLOW THE FUCKAS to hell and spit on em as they walk by....and then a huge explosion with flames would go off in the backgrounnd as some shitty 80's riff spins off the scene.

Ok im done typing now..

15. ^Thats where ive heard of this before, i rember that episode now.

16. I know I've heard this story (or similar) before, and I haven't really watched much MASH in my lifetime so I don't know.

17. what religion does your family believe in?

18. What holocaust story isn't fucked up?

Pretty much everyone on my moms side is Jewish, many of my relatives were annihilated then. It's a bummer brah.

19. my grandfather had to choose which one of his platoon members got to live, they were out in the soviet union in winter in WWII with limited supplies....he chose based on looking at their butts, the people with the most fat got to live as it was deemed they would make it longest.

20. My Great Grandfather was serving in the Polish army. We aren't Jewish and I don't attend church; however he was a devout Catholic, as were quite a few Polish. Before they were sent to go do some fight a priest was with them and he said that he wanted them to 'kill for God'
    He went AWOL and they were searching for him for a while and he was hiding in different places for a while before making his way to America.