Fucked up a shirt with bleach. Help?

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicana, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Well I have a favorite white shirt and it got all this marinara sauce on it. I hand washed it and it left a light orange stain. Not knowing how to use bleach I dabbed bleach on the stained part and it turned purple. How do I fix it? Can I bleach it again? I'm not sure if I can bleach the whole shirt because it has a large design print on the back. Will it damage the design? I just own regular clorox bleach.

2. Depends on the design... what is it made out of?

Either way, you run a pretty good risk of ruining the entire shirt, but it's already purple so you really don't have anything to lose by trying

3. It's like a rough print. If you run your fingers through it, it's a scratchy feel. I bleached the stain. The whole shirt isn't purple. How can I just bleach the purple stain and make it white again?

4. You used way to much bleach! Use bleach for ONLY WHITES next time, or use the Tide stain pen.

good luck, best bet is to take your loss of purple, or tiedye it.

5. Did anyone else read marijuana sauce at first? Or am I just baked

Oh, that's right :smoking:

6. Oh Jesus so did i... and I didn't think anything about it either.

"Hmm spilled marijuana sauce on his shirt... we've all been there."

:smoking:

7. Well...not sure how to fix the damage you have already done but....there is a way to save the shirt. If you have ever done tie dye before you can wrap up your shirt in the same manner, rubber bands work easiest, then submerge the shirt in a mix of 4 parts water 1 part bleach. Leave it in there for about 10 minutes for a lighter color and 5 minutes or less for a darker color(black won't take long at all). When you take it out, rinse it off, and unwrap it you will have a really cool tie dye design without using any dyes. I've done this many times to save shirts that I've splashed bleach on or stained in some irreparable way.

8. You guys are high. It's a white shirt with a marinara stain on it that hasn't been bleached out enough and is now a purple stain on a white shirt :p

How long did you bleach it? Have you tried the bleach pen?

9. tie dye it im about to tie dye some of my white shirts

10. You didnt put straight bleach on it did you?? If you did it'll probably end up being a hole in your shirt. bleach is meant to be diluted with water.

11. Submerge the whole shirt in bleach. At least that way, whatever happens, the shirt will be uniform.

12. I also read marijuana sauce and didn't know what he fuck it was until someone said it wasn't haha

13. Lesson learned anybody? Don't ask for laundry advice on a stoner forum. hahaha

14. ITT: A bunch of high motherfuckers trying to devise a plan to get rid of a sunken-in stain on a white shirt with bleach. Simply amusing.

15. I love marijuana sauce.

Read it the same way haha.

16. Get a new shirt.

17. Man I thought it said marijuana sauce too. :eek:

18. Wash the shirt in a normal cycle with the appropriate amount of bleach (about 1 C per large load). It will not ruin the design on the back (trust me...40-year-old mom here). Anyway, like others have said, you don't have much to lose. Next time, don't put bleach directly on your clothes. Trauma teaches! :p

19. Quoted.

20. ty sir ty