Fucked over? Broken bong?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by we trippy, Feb 7, 2014.

Don't know what you're talkin' about man... I paint the Mona Lisa FLAWLESSLY everytime and I'm only using crayola crayons. ;p

Lol, but seriously OP, there isn't any possible way that a circle that perfect was done by anyone. I believe it was there the whole time, you're just missing a stopper or plug for it. You might not have noticed it was the until now because it matched the clarity of the glass.

Purely speculation on my end, but with a circle that perfect it's dodgy to pin blame on someone.

2. #42 dankness420, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Well I would but I can think of 3 better things to do today :bongin: , :smoke: , :bongin: .  and since the only boro glass I have is roor...ya fat chance that is happening.  Was just implying that you don't need a half million dollar machine to cut a hole.  Since he said he has roomates I did assume he was going to school.  Most schools have a lot of shops and whatnot which I am fairly sure have these tools, in other words not at all hard to get.

Also I have drilled through glass before and ya it is not as easy as turning the drill on and giver.  But it is not as hard as most people would think.  A little practice and you are good.

I used to make homemade pieces all the time out of almost any glass I could find, never had to buy and tools either.

3. That bong is borosilicate, you could only drill it with a water jet, or while it was still molten. Hence the frosting.
    You already said with a little practice.... Dude, people that actually know how to use tools and aren't afraid to fuck with shit are the exception, not the rule. Don't sell yourself short. Just because you can, doesn't mean any one can. I get pissed off watching people try to do things. Is like watching a monkey play a violin.. Sure noise is made,.. But not music. And when I pick up a tool, I make those fuckers sing. Pyrex will shatter if you drill it, especially cheap Pyrex. Your Roor is good pyrex, but it would take a water jet to drill it, or two days on a drill press with chilled oil because the drill would have to go so slow. That shit ain't no joke.
    If you took regular glass and pyrex/borosillicate and made them into big panes about 5x5 you could bend the regular glass quite a bit....pyrex would flex none.

4. Beer store open you win for now.

5. I see you have been standing there scratching your head while watching someone trying to figure out how a box end wrench worked only put it down in favor of a pair of pliers too huh? Lol.
    My father in law is convinced he can fix anything with kitchen utensils. MacGyver could....he ain't no MacGyver.:)

I could drill it here at home but I have a lathe, tooling and 23 years experience as a machinist. the killer would be breakthrough it would shatteer and be game over unless you went super mellow the last .005" of an inch. even then you would need to get lucky.

Drilling glass is not for amateurs, any joker can grind glass but the hole would look like shit.

7. I made a bong out of one of those crystal skull vodka bottles for a friend..took two bottles to get it right. The first cracked, the second I took to a guy that blows glass. He said there is only one way to drill glass successfully every time... A stone torch..lol. $25 bucks, and he added flames to the base because he could.

8. #48 Omega369, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    I guess you could use the hole for something else if you know what I mean...

Also I like the rubber stopper idea, although the bong won't stand up straight with a plug in the bottom, at least you can smoke out of it.

Better yet, if you got someone to build you a rubber base that sorta plugs into the bottom.

Omega369 :wave:

9. Nice clean cut

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Oh hell use anything and duct tape it on. its just a stinky old bong anyway.

11. You see a broken bong and spiteful friends. I see a brand new steam roller that your friends thoughtfully crafted for you while you slept. 

I'm a glass is half full (and slightly delusional) kind of guy.

12. #52 Drozdov, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    We can safely assume that there are many logical assumptions to make. All, some or one of your roommates must have seen how massively fucked up you were; decided not fucked enough.
    So the guilty roommate(s) must have taken your bong as soon as you passed out, immediately called/visited a glass blowing service, a bong factory, or something along those lines and complained that the bong needed a hole with a plug on the bottom. Your roommate(s) must have payed ridiculously high prices for same night shipment which consisted of only a few hours so they could get it back before you weren't fucked up any more. Along with the expense of adding the hole with the plug. As soon as they get the hole with the plug they decide to keep the plug because they decided you weren't fucked up enough and wanted to fuck you up more which consisted of keeping the plug. So now that they have kept the plug they not only mentally, but physically fucked you up more because you tried to smoke, but failed, and here you are rambling about the situation about how angry you are. I can safely assume you were not too fucked up to do this yourself, because you have had the bong for three years, without being too fucked up to drop it, throw it, smash it, sell it for a ridiculously low price, or give it away. 
    You can investigate the situation by confiscating your roommates phones, seeing the calls made which may consist of calls to glassblowing services, or bong factories. Search your dorm room for any packages that the bong could have been shipped in, along with receipts of the said service. Scan your bong for any fingerprints, and compare those fingerprints with yours and your roommates, as I can make a safe assumption that your roommates fingers aren't amputated.
    These motives and investigations could lead to the real culprit of the bong breaker, unless you just lost the plug.
    This is only my first post, so I thought I would make it interesting, with a situation that only a smart roommate would think of, which I assume your roommate(s) aren't stupid, as they are still in college with you, living in your dorm.

does not take a water jet dude. theres diamond glass cutting tools that can be bought for $50 bucks at the local home depot there is also diamond drill bits that can be bought for around $35 there as well

14. I'm calling troll on this one

15. could they have melted the hole into it?

This has already been discussed. It's amazing that you can do what professionals cannot guarantee. You must be a millionaire! I'll bet you $100, cash or bitcoin that you cannot drill a 3/4 inch hole in borosillicate glass, then bevel the edge, just like it is in OP's pic without shattering the glass. Paypal, or whatever bitcoin fund site you prefer. YouTube it while you are doing it. I want to see it shatter. It will not happen. ESPECIALLY with a Home Depot bit. I like you internet tool buffs. Just because you want to be able to do it...don't mean you can. It is BOROSILLICATE, PYREX........do you even know what you are talking about? I'm going to go out on another limb...and bet you an additional $100 that you don't... $200, cash or bitcoin to prove me wrong!

$200 bucks man. CASH money. GO!

Yes..while it was manufactured. If you Google glass bong manufacture...you will see that ALMOST perfect hole (not quite round) is where the tooling is done for blowing the piece. After it is done they shear off the end and use a blow gun with crushed glass to bevel that edge...like sandblasting. But AFTER borosillicate/Pyrex cools...it will take a a DAY to mill that glass. A torch is the only way to melt a hole in it...and if you were a noob at working with glass, a torch is the only way you could do it. However...that frosting look...that is a special touch that tells me, this was done by the manufacturer. Even a man with a torch would just smooth the edge. But for some reason...it seems that the mere ingestion of cannabis through a glass pipe or bong makes one an expert on glass. Or at least makes them think they are! LOL

18. im no glass expert, just wonderin. i feel like his roomates couldn't/wouldn't go thru all that trouble to make that hole and either there really is a rubber stopper or op is messing around and its not even a bong? just some other tube like piece of glass? idk im high lol. can we get another pic of it op?

19. Use occams razor. The simplest solution is almost always the answer.
    you lost the plug, OP.
    It wasn't voodoo, it wasn't magic, and your friends certainly didn't cut a hole in your bong.

20. O ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391927084.850799.jpg only explanation

K