Fuck yes

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by KillerKush, Feb 28, 2011.

1. It is finally warm... I can start pounding out ten miles a day... two five mile sessions one before work one before dinner. I am going to be so eccited.

2. Are you talking about running or biking?

3. you can run/bike in the cold. this was my first year doing it but i was running in the 30's. i really liked trail running in the snow.

4. ya this winter I was beginning to enjoy my trail running and pretty much just climatized to the cold.

I am almost dreading for the summer to come, I will begin sweating the first step I take outside of my front door...

5. DAm! go ahead and get pumped.

10miles though........sheesh

calm down. :smoke:

6. 10 mile runs daily??
    Counterproductive and unhealthy!

I too bust out a lil more than 12 miles 5 days per week....on two wheels though...

7. I run, I hate biking I think it is too damn easy myself. I normally hit around 7 minute miles for 5 miles... I would much rather keep up good speed rather than have a lacking last quarter of a run.

8. Hell yeah dude 5 miles is like the perfect distance to run... it's satisfying, but not overly taxing.

To the guy/girl saying it's overtraining- it's not if you train up to it. In high school I ran ~80-90 miles a week during the weeks leading up to cross country season and I was never injured in four years. As long as people increase training volume gradually, work out muscle imbalances, and have good form, they can easily avoid injury. From what I know about KillerKush, he can handle it just fine.

9. Damn dude I wish I could've trained like that. I had 3 stress fractures in high school, a few times with plantar fasciitis, and tons of nagging injuries like sore knees, sore hip, etc. Only got up to 60-70 miles a week and never went more than 3 or 4 months without some kind of injury.

10. what kind of running shoes do you use?

I really want those new nike ones.

They look pretty sick. kind of expensive though.

11. Props to you bro. I wish I could run like that, but I HATE running with a passion. I usually just try to hit the bag for an hour or so.

12. Why do 1-2 hours of running when you can do 10-20 minutes of HIIT

13. I've looked into hiit before but I like doing distance. I do half marathons/full when I am in good enough shape.

14. By running, you mean driving your car, right?

15. Hell no KillerKush is a straight up badass, he's training hardcore right now. One of the most dedicated peeps I've ever seen.

edit: damn I feel bad for the person who thinks that running 10 miles would be counterproductive to their health. Start some cardio asap

16. Thats nuts hahaha. I HATE running. By the time I get through a mile, I'm sucking wind haha. I'm not in horrible shape either, and I have no problem running when I'm competing or playing a sport, but just running 10 miles for shits and giggles is insane to me.

Best of luck to you though haha

17. I incorporate HIIT into my workouts sometimes just because of how fun it is haha, tires you the fuck out. If I didn't skate as hard as I do I'd probably run for cardio, running used to be my shit as a kid, I one of the fastest 6th graders (fuckin tall kids and their long legs)

18. I like to use the term... lurpy :D