Fuck travelling, fuck a vacation

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jason Van Jason, Aug 19, 2017.

1. I understand. Take one then!
    So I take one and it's the best thing ever.. I can't travel forever, but I also am now driven to disassociate with my own life in favour of traveling, no?

2. #22 Bluetuna, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    If you do too much of anything, it loses it's novelty. Travel is really only exciting when you have a real world to go back to. Otherwise you become desensitized. It's called hedonic adaption. Not being able to travel "forever", allows you the chance to get excited about going again.

You seem to have a nihilistic mindset. If experiencing pleasure is not a worthwhile endeavor, why do anything at all?

The only way your comment makes sense is if you had the most amazing life imaginable. If whatever you were doing was so exciting that you couldn't bear to waste a minute doing something else...... Even so, doing whatever you are doing is going to lose it's novelty eventually, so why not mix it up?

You are aware that people smoke tons of weed when travelling abroad, correct? Why not be smoking a bowl on a beautiful beach in Fiji instead? Why not make your money go farther by taking advantage of a good exchange rate? There are places you can live temporarily that are ten times cheaper than wherever you are now. Why not go surfing all day while get a tan, then sit on your couch with new friends and smoke?

3. Wouldn't a nihilistic mindset be that I can find the highest level of enjoyment anywhere but here?

4. "Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy."

5. I guess that is a pretty good description of me after all haha

6. Sounds like you're a drug addict that just wants to sit on your couch alone smoking pot. You show signs of anti-social behavior which is not healthy. Quite sad really. Go on vacation with family and stop being someone that just sits on a couch smoking weed alone because thats the only thing you think you can ever possibly enjoy in life.

7. I have been to Ireland where I saw some of the greatest views of my life and got to interact with the locals and learn their stories and how they live and got to tell them how I live, enjoyed drinking pints with them and listening to Irish Music...Went to Amsterdam and got to try a bunch of different strains and great food that I otherwise would not have been able to try. Been Snowboarding in Colorado, Washington, Canada and California getting to see different mountains and stand at 13,000 feet and look out at how small the rest of the world looks while you are on top of a mountain getting ready to tear down...Just some of the many great experiences I have had traveling that are far better and more memorable than my day to day life.

There are plenty of places I want to visit, also plenty of places I do not. but again, to each their own you may hate traveling but I can't get enough of it

• Like Like x 1
  8. And he says "this is why I don't have a girlfriend" Yea because you spend all your time sitting on a couch alone in your parents basement smoking weed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I am an addict, however my issues with drugs have been resolved. This is why I don't want to begin vacationing, because my ability to moderate myself is very low, but luckily, I have enough ability to moderate my actions to where I don't stoop to stealing stickers off DVD's, I am very glad I am not some fall down that does something retarded like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. The only vacation I need is a joint in the evening. And a trip to Amsterdam once in a while.
    I can understand people traveling there are a lot of great things to see in the world if you leave the resort.

11. Are you sure this isn't you? I wish I could live in my parents basement and smoke weed, they hate weed.

12. Sure kid. Keep telling yourself that. You need some real help. Not being a dick either. You know and I know I put it down perfectly. I didnt steal any stickers either.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. #33 Jason Van Jason, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Well don't just stop there, if your genuinely concerned, what type of help do I need?

14. Your main problem is drug addiction. But I'm sure the problems go deeper than that. Really just go speak to a therapist and be honest to them about everything. I can tell you the drug use is a big part of the problem for you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Why is the drug use a big problem for me? Do I need to take a court-ordered course on why theft is wrong, will that help with my addiction problem?

16. But really, if we're going to speak about therapy, we need to address your defensive behavior. Notice how your the only person throwing around accusations in here?

Projection

This involves individuals attributing their own thoughts, feeling and motives to another person. Thoughts most commonly projected onto another are the ones that would cause guilt such as aggressive and sexual fantasies or thoughts. For instance, you might hate someone, but your superego tells you that such hatred is unacceptable. You can 'solve' the problem by believing that they hate you.

Defense Mechanisms | Simply Psychology

There is your source, eat your heart out. Enjoy your course on why stealing is wrong, while I continue to exist, successfully, as an addict :love-m3j:

17. Deflect all you want. It's not going to do you any good.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1