Fuck Transit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeedGrowsOnTrees, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Why the fuck are we investing so much in to public transit while we can be making better and more efficient roads and greater car infrastructure for better portability for the middle and upper class.
    These transit systems only harbour bums and do no good for the people.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Living near a transit system is one of the biggest farses in the real estate market. Pay more for higher crime rate and more poor availability? How about bulldozing it and let the bums walk between suburbs. Issue solved.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. I met a guy who kept moving to just beyond where public transit went to. He said transit brings trouble then after his last migration he upped and overdosed and died. I guess the trouble he was running from was within.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The same people who complain about mass transit are the same people who have 3 cars at home they cant afford to put gas in, then they complain about it on social media to people who they think care about them, then they complain that its getting hotter outside each summer. Perhaps if they rubbed whatever neurons were left inside their brain together they could come up with a reason as to why this is all happening.... hmmmmmmHMMMMMMMM... maybe this is all connected......... nah! they'll just continue to be clueless as to how their individual actions extrapolate on a global scale. we need MORE CARS, MORE ROADS, MORE SUBUBANIZATION. more GOLF COURSES HELL FUCKIN YEAHH, I LOVE THE EARTH I LOVE WEED I LOVE WEED, but at the same time, FUCK THE EARTH I NEED MORE ROADS TO DRIVE MY CAR ON THAT I CANT AFFORD TO PUT GAS IN!!!

this country is a fucking joke. americans only know how to operate off of one agenda, the ME ME ME agenda. everything has to be about them as an individual and if you interfere with their feelings in any way you will hear incessant crying from them.... as they simultaneously fill their heads up with fox-news-boomer-memes about how blacks commit more crime and about how we probably dont really need health care for women anyways /s

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. when i get on a bus with senior fares (only $1.25) i typically see students, people getting to or from work and even tourists who have their city map out trying to figure out where they're going. i can go to the beach or downtown not having to worry about parking or feeding the gas tank. sorry you live in such a bum infested, sh*thole neighborhood; can't really deny they do exist. maybe you should get a better education and move up in the world.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Drill baby drill. Your post is nonsense, can you back any of it up or does it simply reflect your feelings instead of actual facts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Depends on the city, line, bus or rail, etc.

If you are coming into DC from Fairfax or Vienna, its mostly tourists, workers, kids. Plenty of middle and upper middle class Karen's leaving behind their granola bars and Kirkland Sangria bottles at 4pm in the afternoon
    20210730_153824aa34.jpg

Now you want to try and catch the last train out of Southeast DC on a Tuesday night, yeah you are gonna see some shit that you can't un-see.
    [​IMG]

DC baby, what can I say!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quite thankful the largest form of public transportation here is a small bus that can hold maybe 12 people tops.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Good luck, this kid stated he was white in a previous post,now he's saying he's black,lol. Lost,angry and dumb.smh

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I've worked in public transportation. As a driver, and also in fleet maintenence. I have driven transit bus, paratransit, coach, and the amtrak routes.
    That buck and a quarter you pay to ride the city bus won't even buy lunch.
    It's like what they say about owning a boat. A boat is a hole in the water you throw money in.
    Municipalities own the transit vehicles. They farm out the maintenence and operations to fleet companies. The lowest bidder gets the contract. When the contract ends they usually lose to another lowest bidder, because it's not possible to maintain and operate the fleet within the budget, costing the city out of pocket. That out of pocket is YOUR tax dollars. If you're riding a city transit bus you are in one of the least roadworthy, heaveist polluting vehicles on the street. Unless you are in one of the major big cities that have a union, the transit driver is working part time or split shift for minimum wage.
    I have no knowledge of what it cost to operate a rail system,, but public transportation eats money like nothing you can imagine. There is no return or break even point. It's pointless to even charge passengers a fare under $20 to ride one way across town in a 40 passenger bus.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. :smoking-rapper:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The reason we invest so much into these sketchy dangerous systems (I've been robbed and assaulted multiple times taking it) is because of gullible little 18 year olds with Kool Aid hair who have been duped into thinking it's better for the environment because some asshole liberal said it was. Meanwhile those same shitbag liberals are riding around everywhere in a V8 Escalade and taking private jets to all their meetings/vacations.

I've always said the voting age should be 25. Average human life expectancy is 75 years. 25 years is 1/3 of the human life expectancy, that's more than fair for most people to gain a grasp or an understanding of how the world ACTUALLY works.

Yet, for some reason, we're going backwards. These degenerates want to EXPAND voting to those under the age of 18!! Soon you'll begin to see politicians targeting toddlers with free juice boxes and animal crackers for would be voters of their campaign policies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Well said. The day you understand conservatism is the day you've finally matured and passed your losey libby mindset.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Where do you think food comes from, the suepermarket? It has to be grown and harvested, this requires fossel fuels.
    Cows need food to become big macs, this requires fossil fuels. I realize urban life is completely different than rural life, but a little common sense is available almost anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. @AcousticToker must be one of those types who thinks if the dinosaurs just paid a carbon tax, they might still be here!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. He gives out X's but too scared to voice his opinions

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Significant carbon taxes are incoming, no doubt... Best bend over big boi. Of course, a great way to mitigate that for your own wallet and for the biosphere would be to improve public transport and infrastructure.

I know, I know, too communist an idea for the Land of Freedom TM.

18. It's a novelty for me, honest. This was some dumb shit I read here this morning though...

Double down on hydrocarbons to individually ferry us everywhere, exacerbate the urban sprawl and continue the disparity between classes. Nah.

19. I have no doubt carbon taxes will increase. It's the main way any government tries to change behaviors.

The ironic thing is that the coming eco war will increase the disparity between classes. Increased fuel and food prices affect the poor far more than the rich. So we're going to increase the cost of living (or reduce the quality of living) for the average joe and the rich will carry on like they always have.

Another ironic thing, when the cost of living increases dramatically, the environment gets pushed to the bottom of the pecking order for voters.

I wonder if it'll end with left wing governments getting voted out, right wingers taking over and getting rid of a lot of the eco policies, and then we're all back to where we were. Then the standard of living increases, the environment becomes a big factor again and then we vote out the right-wingers and install the left again. And around and around we go. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. I'm not a liberal, you'll never catch me willingly bending over for anyone or anything.

Biosphere isn't of concern for me, as by 2035 most cars will be electric. Oh wait, they don't want you owning those either, those will be reserved for the most wealthy and privileged in our society.

Are you looking forward to eating cricket bars yet?

• Like Like x 1