Fuck, this iMac is pissing me off!

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Dec 28, 2008.

1. So, GC, I have a new computer in the form of an iMac.

For those of you who are not aware, this computer accepts speech programming, so basically, I talk to it and it does shit for me.

HOWEVER, my darling "Ralph" (as I've designated it) has Alzheimer's and amnesia, and is basically mentally "held-back", so he doesn't recognize my voice.

It's so awesome, yet so friggin' annoying!

I have to basically scream at him to do simple commands, such as opening Safari or iTunes. And when it gets to the screaming point, my mom's like "Who the hell are you talking to?"

Ralph, if you don't shape up, you can ship out. Just your voice though - the computer rocks.

Anyone else own an iMac? Does it just take time for the computer to learn your voice, or what? I've calibrated it and stuff... argh.

2. Yes. And I never use the voice command thing because it doesn't work.

3. I'e got one. I gave up on the speech recognition a long time ago. It saves the frustration to just click what you want.

4. Yeah, okay, I figured that would be the consensus here.

Honestly, I enjoy clicking around. The talking concept is cool, but it definitely needs to be refined heavily in order to make it a practical applications for Mac users. Until then, I'm going to stick to typing.