Fuck the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Discussion in 'General' started by blowbud4life, Aug 30, 2005.

1. I ordered seeds like a month ago and ws wondering wtf was talking so long. The order finally came in last friday. I opeded it up and found a note.

NOTICE OF REMOVAL

This shipment contained item(s) that were determined illegal importation. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has the responsibility to intercept and seize illegal items when they are attepmted to be brought into the United States by any means. .......

SCHEDULE I OR II CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
    (Marijuana, Hashish Cocaine, Heroine, GBD, Ecstasy, Khat, Lsd, etc.)
    If the items are controlled substances in Schedule I or II of Title 21, US Code, Section 812, no further correspondence will be issued to you. The items are considered contraband and are itmmediatly forfeited to the United States.(21 USC 881(f) and 19 CFR 162.45a......etc.

wtf I thouhgt we could order seeds for collection. This is some bullshit. I lost $50 from tha order.

2. dude, that sucks, but it could be worse.

they could have waited until you started growing them and then busted down your door.

who did you order from anyways?

3. Amsterdam Seed Company.

4. Well if it was an international order it has nothing to do with them being weed seeds to begin with. You cannot ship or receive seeds,plants or creatures (dead or alive) from other countries without quarantine. It has to do with insects and other diseases comming into the country and killing crops and animals. This isn't a new law either.

5. This is the same form letter you get when they sieze bud you ordered thru mail.I've heard people say the feds will come arrest you and it makes me laugh.I've had 3 in 2 yrs and no guys in suits knocking on my door.
    they have more important things to do than hassle me for trying to get a little smoke :smoke: Now if i was ordering a lb at a time they MIGHT try to mess with me but for an ounce or less?Get real!

6. aw thats crappy man, but dont sweat it, thats the last you will hear from them.

just count your losses and move on. dont count on them showin up or anything, they got bigger fish to fry

7. yes! fuck them for doing their job! and fuck them for keeping you and your momma safe! fuck them and everything they do! and definately fuck them for actually doing their job and keeping illegal substances outta the country! oh dear fuck them!

8. How is buying marijuana seeds off the internet harmful to our homeland security?

9. its the international packaging....that is the red flag....well and lets not forget..Marijuana seeds are illegal...

10. What made you think that you were allowed to order seeds for "collection"? Marijuana has been illegal in the US probably for most or all of your lifetime, including seeds! You think it's legal just because they're imported? Not a chance. The laws are the same as they have been for a long time.

You can't get mad at Customs. They were just enforcing the laws that are currently on the books. Redirect your anger at the politicians that make the laws - that could actually have an impact.

11. Yea....what he said.,..LOL....Im a lazy typist today

12. :D I love Butter. It's soooo yummy on toast!!!!!

Seriously, seeds are illegal and even before we had Homeland Security, this could have happened simply because of customs.

(This thread is in Recreational MJ Use and has nothing to do with how you smoke weed so I'm moving it to General!!!)

13. Dude, this whole thing has nothing to do with the Dept. of Homeland Security, and everything to do with the fact that marijuana seeds are illegal to posses & transport within the U.S, and have been long before the DoHS existed.

And it happens to everyone no matter who you order from, from time to time. Most reputable seed sellers will send you another shipment (in a more descrite package) if you can show them the letter you got from the gov't.

14. [quote name='Reform MaryJane Laws']:D I love Butter. It's soooo yummy on toast!!!!!

yup....add alittle brown sugar n cinn.....mmmm mmmmm...

15. ^that is the shit...but i like it better with peanut butter, cinnamin and sugar

16. WTF You can order seeds for collection. There isn't a law against it.

17. If mj seeds aren't sterilized then they're illegal.

18. Under the Controlled Substances Act (Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970), 'marihuana' is listed as a Schedule I controlled substance. Here is the definition of 'marihuana' relevant to that Act and marijuana seeds:

"The term "marihuana" means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. Such term does not include..., or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination."

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/agency/csa.htm

There it is for ya. I don't see any exemptions for 'collection' purposes, but if you find a loophole like that, let me know. But, like RMJL said, sterile seeds are technically legal.

19. How do customs know which seeds are marijuana seeds? I don't know much about plants, but I do know theres hundreds if not thousands of different types of plants and all of them have seeds.

20. yea those fucking punk bitches will jack your shit. The best bet is to bring them back yourself from out of country, although that isnt practical for most of us. Fuck the usa, there all a bunch of stingy ass bastards.