Fuck the RIAA. I just got 2 warning from the bastards

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Well I get home and my internet has been fucking cut!!:mad:

My homepage displays a warning from Time Warner fuck tards saying they received 2 complaints about peer to peer. They tell me to call to get uncut.

I call they reconnect me.

What the fuck is and ISP doing policing the internet. That is not their job! Now I can't download any torrents until I pay for total internet encryption;)

Thing is I never received the first one, so I had no clue what was happening. I am happy at least there are no lawsuits I think.

RIAA can suck my left testicle!:mad:

2. i dont know who thr r.i.a.a. actually is,,,,

but were pulling troops out of iraq,,,,

lets send them to r.i.a.a. headquaters and have them blow thier asses to hell....

w.t.f. is r.i.a.a. ?:cool:

3. Thats fuckin whack dude I got a letter once from them and I said fuck you letter, i ripped that shit in half and continued my pirate legacy of downloads....I say fuck them, do your thing, fuck the riAA

4. THe Recording Industry Association of America. the corperation that Dee Snider and Rage against the Machine really hate.

5. Recording Industry Association Of America

6. You're lucky you just got warnings

Here are a few hints so you will never get them:

Download Peerguardian 2

Make sure it is constantly kept up to date

Stop using kazaa/limewire like programs, and start downloading all your music through torrents

if you do those steps you will drastically reduce your chance of being caught, I cannot stress how important it is to have PG2

7. Nah I know what I am doing, I got ip blocking software, but somehow they still got me.

I plan on getting a Torrentfreedom account and encrypting all my internet track through them.

Bittorrent all the way! fuck limewire:p

8. Switch your ports often, use PeerGuardian... Never had a problem, when using Bittorrent try not to use public trackers whenever possable.

Also if your someones still using limewire/Kazaa they deserved to get the riaa-cock :p its 2008 not 1999.

9. Another thing to keep in mind is that you use time warner, and they actually own a record label.......

10. can you get in trouble for downloading shit that other people up on rapidshare, zshare, megaupload etc.?

11. oh shit! lol. yeah bro its time to get a new isp is possable.

12. Oh man that must suck >.< What were you downloading, if you mind me asking. I torrent frequently and now I'm paranoid.

13. I dunno what file its was that triggered their sensor since I had multiple files running.

I can't find a good private track that I like. Public trackers are updated more and I can find more torrents.

I just signed up for a torrentfreedom account. Going to test this for a month see how it works. If its good then ISP reading what I can be put out of my mind.

Setting up the client on ubuntu is a little tricky, but I am getting there. I don't have a windows box atm to test the windows client.:(

14. i don't even download music anymore. not after 15 kids from my school got sued right before christmas. 15,000 dollar settlements

15. One of my friends in college just got his internet cut off for a DMCA violation, the funny thing, all he has to do is pay 45 bucks and he gets it back.

Fuck the RIAA though, those fuckers were trying to reduce the royalties artists get from songs played on the radio from something already insanely low to something lower, and guess where the extra money was going that the artists dont get, thats right, right into the pockets of the RIAA.

Fuck them.

16. Thats the beautiful thing. So many people are out there stealing and pirating shit that they have absolutely no way to bring them all to court in a class action suit.

So they have to go about it in the wrong way and bring as many as they can to court and scare the fucking shit out of them, so that the rest of the public is terrified.

That 45$ fee doesn't surprise me one bit, trying to nickle and dime you as a deterrent, because it would be infinitely costlier to bring everyone to court.

17. yeah I bought a new laptop because I was paranoid that I would get sued...my buddy downloaded just 187 songs from limewire and got sued ~$3500! Dark, let us know how that TorrentFreedom account works. And what do you guys encrypt...just the song files on your computer? How does that work?

18. What Client are you using? If I were you i'd use Azureus Vuze and switch it back to classic mode. I know its free and open source, but DO NOT use the original BitTorrent client - the guy is working with the industry and it can only lead to trouble. I know ubuntu is starting to use this new client called Transmission, but last time I check it out it was lacking really bad.

19. utorrent is 1000000x better

20. I to got a cease and desist letter a while back from Charter Communications(My ISP), for downloading The Sopranos, Luckily Charter Gives you a warning before they do anything, And my internet wasn't shutoff, So I stopped torrenting and have been watching all my movies and TV show on streaming sites.