fuck the police

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Nov 14, 2004.

1. cant see it fuck aol
    just post the full story

2. Police Use of Stun Guns on Children Riles Parents
    Officers Taser Boy, 6, and Girl, 12

MIAMI (Nov. 13) - Miami-Dade police have acknowledged using a stun gun on a second youngster just weeks after subduing a 55-pound first-grader with a 50,000-volt shock.

In the second instance, a 15-year-veteran officer used his Taser to immobilize a 12-year-old girl who was playing hooky from school.

Police Director Bobby Parker defended the decision to shock the 6-year-old boy on Oct. 20 because he was threatening to injure himself with a shard of glass he was holding, but he said Friday that he could not defend the decision to shock the fleeing girl, who was apparently drunk.

According to the incident report, officer William Nelson responded to a complaint that children were swimming in a pool, drinking alcohol and smoking cigars about 11 a.m. on Nov. 5.

Nelson said he noticed the girl was intoxicated and told her to get dressed so he could take her back to school.

"While walking the girl to the police car, she took off running through the parking lot," Nelson wrote in his report.

Nelson, 38, said he chased her and yelled several times for her to stop. Nelson said he pulled out the Taser and fired when the girl began to run into traffic. The electric probes hit the girl in the neck and lower back, immobilizing her with 50,000 volts.

Nelson said he fired "for my safety along with the girl's safety." Paramedics treated the girl, who went home with her mother.

Parker said department policy permits officers to use the Taser to apprehend someone, but he said he expected his officers to use better judgment, especially when police had no plans to arrest someone playing hooky.

The first incident had already exposed the department to more criticism for its use of Tasers, which it has begun distributing in greater numbers to officers.

"The police could have handled this better," said the 6-year-old boy's mother, Kathy Rojas. "They did not have to shoot him."

Parker said that, in light of the disclosure of the second incident, the department will review its policy.

11-13-04 11:40 EST

3. What, you never shocked a lil one before?

4. Damn that sucks

5. God Bless America.

6. *jerk off motion*

I don't feel like getting zapped with a tazer, but it's not like it was completely unreasonable. If the kid would of hurt himself we would hear an out cry "What were the police doing to prevent this?!" the same goes for the situation with the 12 year old girl. If she had gotten hit by a car people would of screamed fucking bloody murder. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Look at it this way, they're not dead or in the hospital with serious injuries. When the kids get shot dead or seriously injured, then it's a good time to complain. Maybe now that girl won't be out getting drunk while she should be at school. And maybe that boy will think twice about hurting himself next time.

7. Fuckin pig cops. Hurting people who are doing no harm. They always have time to harrass the regular civilians, but when something major is happening--- blind eye.

damn

8. nothing significant about this thread. i don't care either way. cops are cops. what they do is what they do. i've accepted reality. you should too.

9. HOME MADE TAZER / FLASHER

1. get a disposable camera
    2. take all the pictures you want
    3. break it open and take out the film. Just pry it open and it never fails
    4. you have either a cool flasher or you can modify it to give off very strong fun shocks.

some guy arround here who was really high on crack and trying to run through walls had a heart attack from the cops tazer and died. it's not like he had much time to live anyways but the tazer killed him.

10. That article left alot of info out on the events. I hadn't heard about the 12yo girl getting zapped, but read the *much more detailed* article from cnn on the boy. The boy was in the principal's office (and why does a kid get sent to the principal's office? it's not cuz they're getting straight A's...) and became violent. The principal called in the school's resident police officer after the kid smashed a picture frame and cut himself twice with the glass and was slashing around with it. Then the other two cops came in. The article doesn't say when they decided to tazer him...but jeez...when do you put someone else's safety over your own? One cop moved himself behind the kid and caught him when the other tazered him. Be honest, the principal, and one cop couldn't subdue the kid without help. The kid was fucked up...chemical imbalance or whatever, the kid was over the top. The kid had no damage from the tazer, baker-acted and was taken to a psych ward...

Now...a bunch of ya'll are griping about how the kid was treated. How would you have disarmed the kid without getting your ass slashed to ribbons? Think about the adrenalin that was pumping through the kid's body and how much strength and agility that loans him.

I don't know enough about the incident with the girl to make an opinion about it so I won't. But like someone said above, if they'd have fulled the two misbehaving children with bullets, ya'll would have been raising hell anyway. Yes the tazer hurt like hell, but there was no damage done and I'm sure they will think twice before acting out again.

11. Pigs shot and killed a girl here a few weeks ago when they shot a beanbag with pepper spray in it into her eye
    fuckin pigs

12. Yeah i read about that on another MJ forum. Its messed up what would possibly possess a 6 year old kid to flip out like and hold someone hostage.
    Police go too far too often. American people needs to magna carta them take some of THIER rights away. Damn its almost as if we're all not even human anymore. Like the cops are a completely different species or race and we're all taught to respect them out of fear.
    "The cops can come into your house at night, you have no more rights anymore.
    This is just a world for big business and if you don't want to play the game you better be prepared to be locked up in prison or on the streets.
    the cop is just another guy going "make it or break it" y'know? They don't fuckin help us
    Fuck the police." Leftover Crack.

13. I Still Dont Understand Why They Had To Tazer A 6 Year Old Kid If There Were 3 Grown Men There

14. there is no good answer to that simple question.