Fuck the police!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wakenbake4200, Oct 6, 2008.

1. #1 wakenbake4200, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    So today me and my 2 buddies roll up to these apartments to get 2 Oz's. and my bud#1 runs in to get it, and me and bud #2 are waiting outside when a cop rolls up. He asks us what were doing and we say "waiting for my friend to get back from checking in with his uncle" (his uncle also lives in these apartments) he asks me my name and i read online and heard in street law that you dont have to talk to the police if your not under arrest. so i ask the cop kindly if im under arrest and he says no. so i say i got to be home now and im leaving. he quickly gets out of the car grabs me off my bike and slams me into the side of the car and puts my hands behind my back, and tellls me that im wrong and starts to search my pockets " i immediately say i dont consent to a search and i want my parent and my lawer here now and he still finishes searching that pocket. (thank god, i had an empty nick bag in the other pocket) I asked him why im being detained and he says because we are white in a mostly black neighbor hood.( totaly discrimination) so he puts me in the car and at this point my freind is coming out of the appartments and sees the cop and ditches all his goodies. and now he trys to search my freind and i yell out the window " u dont have to consent to a search" so the cop comes back and rolls up the windows (he knew i knew my rights) and my dumb freind still concents to a search and the cop finds nothing. he gets back in the car and calls my mom and tells her what happened. my mom is bitching at him this whole time because he said since we were white in a black neighborhood that we looked suspicious so he stopped us. and the whole time this cop is being a straight up dick and calling me a smart ass and a wanna be street attorney. (not when he was on the phone with my mom though he acted like he was the nicest person in the world)so he letts me out of the car and tells us we can go and i say " thank you officer for making the streets so much safer and doing your job!I feel much more safe now" So again i say FUCK THE POLICE! they have lost every bit of respect i had for them!

but im confused is it true that if a cop comes up to you and your not under arrest you dont have to talk to them?

2. were you in public housing? if so then they can basically do what they want.

3. If your not under arrest or getting a citation your free to go. You never have to talk to the police. The search was illegal because he didn't have visual reasoning to search, they cant search based on action or smell. If you got in trouble that would have been thrown out, I cant see how it wouldn't.

4. no i dont live there and me and my freind were outside of the fence.

5. Did you ever get the weed back?

6. If you're a minor, that may have changed the situation a bit...

And considering that you requested having your parents there, and the cop proceeded to call your mom... I'd guess that one is a yes. :smoking:

7. i mean if it's like goverment housing? Like free housing for poorer americans. you cant trespasss on public housing if you dont live there

but i sounds like you didn't go to one or you would have caught a charge.

8. man that sounds EXTREMELY lame. you can actually report him to the local police department for not following procedure and encroaching upon your rights. i think in this case i would do just that

9. Ask the racist prick for his badge number, then you can report him to the local police department.

The asshole thinks he can just throw kids off their bike and slam em against the car? There's no reason for him to detain you, other than he didn't get laid last night.

I can't stand prick cops like him, thinkin they can throw their badge around.

Glad your buddy had the good sense to ditch the goodies.

10. #10 wakenbake4200, Oct 6, 2008
    yea my freind went back and got it and gave me a nice bud because i kept him out of trouble.

exactly i have only met one nice cop and he came in for street law class! and almost all cops are becoming pricks now!were basically paying them to harass us!

11. +rep for knowing your rights man.

12. #12 Dankduster, Oct 6, 2008
    Thats comepletley fucked up. I would report him immediately.

13. I never got his badge number, can i still report him?

14. I'm sure shit like this happens all the time and kids don't do anything, so these pricks think they can do whatever they want. I'd go down to the police station and file a report if I was you.

15. Damn. Honestly I don't know but theres gotta be something you can do about it.

16. I'd have sued the bitch for battery, and the related mental stress. I mean...both are plausible...unwanted contact is battery. You did nothing to warrant contact. Also, unlawful search...

Whatever. You can't do much without knowing who he is. Just feel lucky you got your 2 zips and got outta there.

17. damn you do need the badge number tho,

Be Easy OP:)

18. I dunno, you probably need the badge number to do anything about it, or they wont take you seriously.

Because some people will come and try to file a report against a random officer, without the badge number from the incident there's no way to confirm he was actually there.

19. I got his cell phone number on my caller ID. if i cant get him in trouble with that il just post his number on the internet or some shit.

20. personally you should just let it go, and maybe post his number(where I don't know)