Fuck the law.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LiveFreely, Nov 17, 2009.

1. So my friend and i were driving back at 3 in the morning, fucked up from a party.....I see a fire burning infront of a building as we pass by and I convince my friend to turn around so we check it out....He parks infront of the building I hop out and see a chair almost completely melted from fire and the wooden door frame of the building was on fire.....well I couldnt put it out by myself.......So I called 911 and reported it......

So earlier today I get a call from a detective agent asking me questions.....I forget about it and smoke some bowls of the dank dank and get nice and blazed.....then two cops show up at my door.....

I instantly knew what it was about and though I knew I was innocent I acted really sketchy when they questioned me because I was stoned and nervous....the whole time they question me I can tell they think I did it because they would hint towards it.....I mean over the night they asked me If I did it about 8 times no joke..... they then go question my friend about the incident and since we were fucked up that night our stories were inconsistent b.c we dont remember the situation all that well....

So the cops take me into the station and question me more and I sit in the investigation room for hours waiting for a polygraph test....then when i go to take the polygraph they tell me it will be over 2 hours.....fuck that shit!

I then refuse it.....and now my parents are freaking out on me.....and the cops are going to be all up my ass now.....all because I was a good citizen and called 911.

I have never felt so much anger as I did sitting in the investigation room for doing my duty as a citizen. Fuck the law :mad:

2. Right now they really don't have anything on you so as long as you don't admit to doing it you should be fine.

3. Yah I understand....but my parents dont.....they have been giving me mad hell....whats pisses me off so much is that I was just trying to help.

4. It's completely understandable that you're upset: you were just trying to do the right thing and help out a property owner by alerting the authorities about a fire.

However, what followed afterwards seems to have taken place because of some questionable (in the eyes of the cops) behavior on your part:

First, by your own admission, you and your friend were either drunk, stoned, or both while driving a car. I know a lot of people on here are cool with driving high, but many people are not, including NORML (Principles of Responsible Cannabis Use - NORML).

Second, you then got really blazed in the middle of a weekday. Maybe you're a student, or you have a job where you get some weekdays off, but usually smoking marijuana in the middle of a weekday doesn't make you a model of responsibility.

Now, clearly what the police did was wrong *overall*. They're motivated to close the case as soon as possible, and you're a very convenient suspect, so they're just going to try and pin it on you.

However, you also have to recognize that attracting the ire of cops may come with lifestyle choices you make. That doesn't make it right, but it's the way of things. Look at it this way: it IS wrong to grope a stripper without her permission, but if you don't want to be groped, isn't it better to not be a stripper in the first place? You don't have to quit cannabis, but maybe don't use it in the middle of weekdays, and not before driving.

5. Tell the truth that you and your friends were fucked up just leave the DUI part out.

6. Uhhhh yeah...bad idea.

7. Well drunk.

8. And a lot of people don't understand how bad are police systems really are. Its to the point where citizens withdraw from helping each other in fear that police will make their life hell for a while.

Get a lawyer if you can. Shit I'm sure you could go get some law student to help you out for a small price. Fuck the police. Fuck this Government.

Catch me in the same situation and I wouldn't have made the call.

9. If your stories didn't match, just claim that the version told by your friend was the correct one (since he was driving), and that as you had just come back from a party, you were pretty drunk and don't really remember what happened. It's mostly true anyways.

10. I hear yah......all I know is this is the last time I try to be a good citizen :devious:

11. Sorry but i just have to call the BS on this statement. There are many very responsible people who smoke on weekdays, or even daily. How does smoking on a week day have anything to do with the situation. The OP tried to help by calling 911, and then the pigs tried to fuck him over for it, smoking on a week day has nothing to do with this.

12. No actually its not. I told them I was fucked up and thats why my memory was sketchy, the investigator said he respected that and I wouldnt be anyu trouble for that.

13. Thats a very good point.

Yah man, I told the cops next time I wont be calling 911 ever again in this situation.

14. shouldnt have called those assholes, but now ur a suspect

15. Quite being a pansy and tell them to fuck off. If they're going to be assholes after you tried to do the right thing then be an asshole right back to them.

16. Nah man....its never a good thing to have cops angry at you, and especially when you are constantly involved in something illegal, like smoking trees.

17. haha wow man thats sounds like the past repeatin itself for me,,me and my friends were walking by a shed that was on fire at a skool and decided to be gud citizens and call 911 so the fire wouldnt spread and hurt anyone,when they arrived the police took our names,from the nxt day and ab two weeks after,i had a detective come to my house questioning me and telln me im one of the main suspects n the arson.so yeah i totally agrree with you..fuck the law

18. Yah I wont be calling in any fires ever again....how bout u hah?