fuck the cops, know your rights

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kretz, Jan 7, 2007.

1. so last night me and 2 other friends in some lamp store parking lot waiting for our other friend to meet us to show us the way to the party. i had a quarter or some pretty decent schwag (dealer ran out of headies right when i got there :() and my other friend had bout a bowl pack on him. so theres the driver, me in the passenger seat, and my one friend in the back. we sit there for about 5mins and the undercover seargent of whatever city we were in rolls up. the bitch is like "let me see your ID's". we hand her the ID's. so she goes back to her car with her ID's to make sure we didnt have any warrants or anything and calls for backup. 5 more mins later another cop shows up. he comes up to the car and is talkin to us and then gets to the question "you dont have any illegal substances or alcohol in here do you?" and we're like nah. and hes like "well thats good we got k9 comin just in case, but since you guys are clean you dont gotta worry about anything."then he goes "yea sometimes these k9's tear stuff up if there is anything." and the driver goes "as long as it doesnt shit in my car then i dont care" (i almost busted out laughing). so about 10mins later another cop shows up. so im about to reach under my seat to get my weed and put it in my shoe if this is the k9. but the cop gets out and there is no k9. by this time all 3 cops were up at the car askin us where the party was and about drugs and we just kept sayin i dont know. then they tell us to step out of the car because the driver said they could search us. so we get out and the 3rd cop that rolled up (the other 2 cops called him cookie, i guess its because he was the rookie, he looked like a rookie) starts diggin through the car right where my weed was and me and the person who was sitting in the back go "nah he didnt give you consent to search his car, he said you can search him, not his car". cookie looks at the other dude cop and the cop goes "FINE JUST WAIT FOR K9".and cookie shut the door. they got me and the other person to sit on the curb while they interrogated the driver for another 5mins. then they gave us our ID's back and told us to have a nice night. k9 never showed up. and my weed was never under the seat, it was just laying on the floor in the passenger side. i thought it was under the seat. i dont know how cookie didnt see it. so we went back to my house, said fuck the party, and burned 2 fatties. we got lucky and we knew our rights, if you havent watched that one video someone posted on GC, watch it because thats exactly how our police encounter went. i think its called know your rights or something

2. you are a very responsible smoker bro, loved the story... i woulda done the same thing and smoked all of it when i got home and just counted my blessings! just gotta play it cool like ur doin' nothin wrong =)

3. Good story bro, keep it up and don't let the pigs harrass you or take away your rights.

4. yea when cookie was diggin through the car, we were all like nah man you cant do that, and he tries to go "what i cant hear you cuz of the traffic" and tries to keep diggin. so the driver is like "close my door man". thats when he looked at the guy cop and the guy cop was like "fine we'll wait for K9" . but its all just scare tactics to try to get you to confess. they also tried the old "if you got anything at all, just tell us so we dont have to go through all the trouble of getting k9 out here" and "if you got a little bit of shake, i'll understand". but we stood firm. and the driver was bein a smart ass with the seargent lady. it was funny. and then when they had me sitting on the side of the road my phone rang and it was the kid who we were waiting for and cookie goes "sir put that away or i will have that phone confiscated." man police are assholes. and for real watch that movie that mortikai posted, its such a good movie filled with lots of information about your rights and it definately does work.

5. great story, fuck the police!!

6. cops are tricky sometimes.and they will say anything to get you to crack.
    like when they said they were bringing the k9,usually if they have no real reason to do so,their lying and just trying to get you to spill.i hate it when you dont consent for a search,then they really bust your balls.heh maybe cookie is a pothead and didnt give a damn or maybe he just doesnt think weed is worth the trouble for you guys,maybe hes one of those nice cops,that we need more of,lol.

7. Yeah, cops are bastards but I doubt cookie was trying to be nice about anything. He had the look of a real rookie and when Kretz got a phone call from our boy about where we were, Cookie came up and started bitching at him to get off his phone, so I doubt he was there to be our friend. We got away tho, so I'm happy.

8. man, similar shit happened to me when i got messed with, except i didn't notice that they were searching my car (one cop yelled at me while the other one snuck around the other side, where my friend was, pulled him out, and immediately started tearin shit up) until they'd already found my dugout, so i was fucked as far as getting away with my shit in tact. +rep for handlin that shit like it's cool

9. that guide to surviving police encouters is really worth watching. can anyone help me find a hard copy to download? say the cops have a k9 with them and it detects something, what are your rights then? can they search from the k9's response?

:smoking:

10. This brings back memories of a fuck up that happened to me and my friends bac k in highshool.

Back then we had to get peopleto buy us cigs at gas stations cus we were underage, and one time a cop saw this and trailed us and then pulled us over. The whole giving of ids and asking what we were up to went down. Then they tell us to get out of the car and ask us if we have anything on us, we had 2 resin'd out pipes, 2 packs of cigs and an empty cigaretto case. We said we didn't have anything. So they go to search the car, and Im like , "Eric, they need your consent to search your car." Then the one cop said, they didnt because they had plausible cause, and then i asked him waht that plausible cause was? He said he didnt have to tell me.

In the end they found the 2 pipes and the cig. Eric the dude whos car it was got arrested and fined, though they never read him his rights. And my other 2 friend fessed up to own their cigs and all they got was a call home to their parents about a possibliity of a ticket, which they never got.

fuck the pigs

11. If you read my first response to this post, you'll see a link to the vid for surviving Police encounters. And as far as k9 goes, if they bring 'em out and the k9 starts smelling shit and barking or w/e, that gives the cops probably cause to start tearin through your shit.

Usually, tho, k9 units are hard to get, especially late at night, so u just gotta deny deny deny and eventually, hopefully, they just tell you to have a good night.

*Edit** And Welcome to the City!!

12. Great story, cool beans. But please don't tell this to Hootskers420 or the other legal eagles on this thread. You'll blow their fucking minds. :D

The cop discontinued the search?! They didn't *actually* get the K-9? unit?! SAY IT AIN'T SO! LMFAO

13. i watched the google video, but want a xvid or divx copy with better quality to add to my collection, it's worth watching a few times.

thanks, what a great place it is.. :)

14. This is absolutely nothing like that situation. They were smart about it, didnt smoke while in their car, and got off because their was absolutely no evidence that they were doing anything wrong. You cant tell me that if they were smoking a joint when the cop rolled up that they still wouldve gotten off.

15. Live 4 doors from a cop canine handler. He says they mostly work days and I know he gets pissed when they call him in at night. Unless they got big fish to fry the assholes will not call for the dogs and have to listen to the shit from the handler. The penalty is the same no matter if you are stupid and give yourself up or make them work for it.
    They will fucking lie and they are not there to "help". Make the motherfuckers get a warrant.

16. Oh please. Materially, it's the same situation. The cop asked permission to search, but in this case the "suspect" didn't give consent. And lo and behold! Turns out the cop was bullshitting about the dogs and whatnot. Who'da thunk it? lol

17. Yeah that know your rights vid on youtube saved my ass. I got pulled over for not signaling a lane change (i signaled, just not long enough according to the cop) with four or five joints and a few friends on our way to smoke... luckily we were sober and didnt smell or anything. He asked me out of the car and everything was going fine until I refused a search. He threatened k9 and all that, almost exactly like in the video. I almost laughed. After 10 minutes of listening to him bullshit me he let me go with a warning.

18. lol, well this story might top the other ones in this forum...So one of my buddies last summer had use of a huge beach house right on the beach in Maine (insaine place. probably around 2500-3000 sq ft) So me, my buddy, and 3 other friends head up to the house with a quarter and a 30 rack of BL and get there around 10 on saturday night (theres a reality sign in the front lawn because the owners rent it a lot. possible factor for the cops being there) We go inside and check the place out, then we shut the blinds on the 2 windows in the kitchen that were facing the neighboring house so they couldnt see us playing ruit. So we play for like half an hr then go up to a room on the second floor (about 8x8 ft. small room. square shape. kinda looked like a lookout almost. 3 of the sides were windows but they were all closed and the blinds were down) so were sittin up there and spend the next 45 minutes smoking about half of the quarter in a bubbler. After that session was done we left it all on the table in the room and went downstairs and played more ruit. quiet music playing; Being no louder than a couple ppl just chilling. Then one of my buddies steps outside to take a monster piss (not sure why he didnt just go to the bathroom. probably cause he was right next to the door) so he goes outside and is about to go around the corner when he sees a cop car with no lights or sirens come flying around the corner and stops right infront of the house. he sprints inside and in a very loud whisper says "THERES A COP OUTSIDE. THERES A COP OUTSIDE" so all 5 of us dart up the stairs (i chuck a blunt in the cabinet under the tv) and we sit in one of the bedrooms with the lights off scared out of our skulls. Peering through see-through curtains we see another cop car show up and begin to hear voices and sounds from police walkie talkies. Then we see a pattie wagon park infront of the house. this is when we really thought we were fucked. So we sit there in utter silence for another 20 minutes (felt like 10 years) until we hear the kitchen door open below us. After hearing footsteps downstairs for 10 minutes they start comming upstairs. First we hear the door open that we smoked in, then he goes across the hall and a flashlight comes into a room followed by "raise your hands over your head and stand up slowly" so we all stand up and start walking to the stairs, which 3 more cops were staggered on (as we passed the room we smoked in you could see the smoke it was clambaked so bad) we sit down in the living room and there are around 7-8 cops on the bottom floor. First thing he said "who bought u the beer" none of us say anything "oh, so you want to play hard ball huh?" and walks out of the room. Next one ENORMOUS guy comes in and goes upstairs and comes down with the bubbler and the bag. While were sitting there getting talked to we hear the upstairs getting torn apart. Then another cop comes into the room with all the beer in a plastic bag. Then one of them pulled the "is there anything else you want us to know about. the K-9 is on the way" were all baked beyond anything so one of us told him the blunt was under the tv. He then turns around and opens the cabinet and pulls out the massive blunt i spent half an hr breaking up and rolling and says "*sniff mmm freshly rolled" and proceeds to put it in the bag with the remaining bud. After 5 minutes of waiting one of the cops comes back into the room and asks if we are allowed to be here and we say yes and then he says "If you can get in contact with the owner and they say they know you are here then well take all this and leave you alone. We wont tell them about this since you've been so cooroperative" So we call up the owner, they say were allowed to be there, one cop grabs the beer and the bubbler while another one rolls up the bag of bud with the blunt in it and puts it in his back pocket (hmmm)and all 8 of them proceed to leave the house and we never hear from them again.