Fuck stingrays.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Maui Wowiiee, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Was surfing today and right as I got off my board I stepped on a fucking ray and it instantly stung my foot. It didn't hurt that much at first but now I can't even walk on that foot. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Stepped on a lit cig before...... Not the same thing though

3. [quote name='"Maui Wowiiee"']Was surfing today and right as I got off my board I stepped on a fucking ray and it instantly stung my foot. It didn't hurt that much at first but now I can't even walk on that foot. Has this happened to anyone else?[/quote]

No but I got stung by a jellyfish on the nipple... Hurt so bad man you have no clue lol my nipple stayed the hardest it had ever been constantly all day and my other one wasn't lol so funny

4. Did the barb on the tail penetrate your skin?

When I was 18 I was in the Outer Banks NC fishing with my father and I caught a stingray. My father was helping me get the hook out of it's mouth and it was thrashing around and next thing I know it caught me with the barb right between my index/middle finger.

There is a jelly coating on the tip of the barb that contains a neurotoxin. With in minutes my fingers started turning blue and it slowly started progressing up my arm. My father had to rush me to the Emergency Beach Care to have the gel/neurotoxin cut out of my hand and stitched up.

For sure an experience I'll never forget

5. Least you didn't get Irwin'd

6. [quote name='"Ean"']

Did the barb on the tail penetrate your skin?

When I was 18 I was in the Outer Banks NC fishing with my father and I caught a stingray. My father was helping me get the hook out of it's mouth and it was thrashing around and next thing I know it caught me with the barb right between my index/middle finger.

There is a jelly coating on the tip of the barb that contains a neurotoxin. With in minutes my fingers started turning blue and it slowly started progressing up my arm. My father had to rush me to the Emergency Beach Care to have the gel/neurotoxin cut out of my hand and stitched up.

For sure an experience I'll never forget[/quote]

Yeah I was my foot was gushing blood. But the barb didn't stay in I also haven't seen any medical attention and that shits getting swollen haha. Damn your story sounds way worse than my situation. I'm probably gonna see a doctor tomorrow.

7. An epsom salt soak may possibly be of benefit.

8. Keep a close eye on it, any discoloration or swelling higher up the leg go directly to the doctor

9. As a matter of fact, it definitely couldn't hurt and probably would help, tremendously.
    Dissolve a generous amount of epsom salt in a large container of warm water and soak your foot in that solution for at least 30 minutes.

10. [quote name='"Wildman850"']As a matter of fact, it definitely couldn't hurt and probably would help, tremendously.
    Dissolve a generous amount of epsom salt in a large container of warm water and soak your foot in that solution for at least 30 minutes.[/quote]

Ha I'm actually trying it right now

11. And a bowl for your head....

12. [quote name='"RC Flyer"']

And a bowl for your head....[/quote]

I ate an edible like 30 minutes ago and I'm smoking right now. Definitely makes the pain more tolerable

13. [quote name='"BushSquatting"']Least you didn't get Irwin'd[/quote]

Not cool man

14. I read this thread and I was like

Attached Files: