Fuck RnB Hip Hop and all that commerical Shit.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ThaValhalla, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Music cultivated in the 60's..boomed in the seventies and died in the eighties.

2. ehh i cant stand rap

only tech n9ne and kmk and cypress hill :D

3. I think that anyone who automatically disregards all/most modern music, knows too little about music to even judge it.

Whether it's hip-hop, rock, pop, etc. And commercial ≠ bad all the time.

4. yeah close-mindedness!

rock and roll! :rolleyes:

5. This thread is a fucking joke. I'm not even going to dignify this with a formulated response.

There was shitty music in the 60s and 70s too. Dum duh dum dum dum!

6. Uh... The 90's were kick ass. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, I do not think I need to go on...

Truth is, every decade has had gold, as well as dross.

7. no..... just no

8. i could name tons of great music that came out in the 90s the whole grunge era idk what your talking about man

9. I highly disagree, music died in the new millennium. The 80s was fantastic for music, the 90s brought on great grudge rock and hip hop and the 2000 brought nothing special.

Old school R&B and Hip-Hop are the shit. It's understandable if you don't like rap today because frankly it sucks, but to shit on the hip-hop of the 90s...blasphemy.

10. Agreed.

Music will never die.

11. Facepalm

Music is cumulative. Whatever you like from the '60s was undoubtedly built on styles from way before...it didn't just appear. And there has been good music ever since, as long as you know where to look.

12. dude. the BEST genres took off in the 80's.

Like all the ambient stuff as well as the biritish neofolk.
    (I'm also a sucker for the new-wave bands, like Ultravox, but let's leave that unsaid)

The 60's, however, were lame. Sure there are some amazing bands, but they were few and far between.

13. Um, no man. The new millenium brought out emo/screamo. I'm not saying its the coolest shit out there, but it definitely does not suck.

14. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Emo came about in the 1980's and early 90's thanks to bands like Fugazi and Rites of Spring.

Point is, there is still great music happening today, and there has been great music since the dawn of time.

15. My favorite time's for music. Aong with the 60's/70's

i love classic rock and grunge. :smoking: