fuck reagan

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by minntoker, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wow long but a good read :) grassroots is why no one likes americans which is too bad cause some r pretty nie ;P

2. might i say that on a personal note i disagree with all of Regan\'s politics, and take a personal stance against him, but will not argue my opinion here.

all i\'m going to say is his funeral took up at least 6 channels on the same time block. i want my fuck\'in TV back! i am a cannadian, and Reagan did not affect me in any direct way until now. shal i say... GET THE FUCK OFF MY IDIOT BOX AND LET ME NUMB MY BRAIN ON BETTER THINGS! fuck\'in corpses don\'t know their roll...

3. Grassroots, it is comments like that that make Americans like me disliked by other people. You say that you were joking but you in no way made an attempt to edit that post. You had your chance... It wont be easy to read your other posts and forget that one...

4. Reagan\'s economic policies and domestic issues weren\'t very good. However, gotta give him (and Gorbachev, who is the only Communist dictator I would conside cuddly enough to hug) credit for ending the Cold War. I didn\'t realize til I took a few college US History classes how scary the cold war was for people (if you ever wanna see a hilarious movie, watch Red Dawn. South Park did a spoof of it). Also, Reagan was a great speaker. He wrote a lot of his own speeches, and the whole \"Tear down this wall\" part of his speech kept getting crossed out cause his advisors were afraid of Soviet retaliation, but every time they\'d cross it out he\'d write it back in. So, not the best president, but more selling points than GWB, especially in the foreign affairs arena.

5. i can\'t believe i\'ve become public enemy number one for posting what i did, a comment which was ment to be taken light heartedly in the first place...

and digit, how am i not supposed to take offence to someone telling me to \"fuck off\"? seriously now...

Little Wing, i won\'t be reading any one a few peoples posts anyore without remembering what they\'ve said now...

If people dont like america, join the club. I would have laughed at digits comment calling me a nationalist if i wasnt allready so baffled and amazed from reading the other posts...

I\'m feeling like the comedian who was not only not applauded, but taken off stage and beaten by the crowd after his gig...

6. This made me laugh so hard I almost shit my pants.

7. I didn\'t read everything. I just decided to post after I read so much of the....stuff.

When I was a child and Lyndon Johnson died, they had the same ceremony as they did today. Had media had the power then that they do today, there would have been 10 hours on him, as well. The only other President to pass away since Johnson, if I\'m right, was Nixon and because he resigned, it was decided that he wouldn\'t have the ceremony (I think he made the decision.)

Abraham Lincoln was the first to have his body brought to the Rotunda after his death. (I\'m almost sure I\'m right about that one.) If we had the media then that we do today, that one would have outdone them all. Today\'s couldn\'t even come close to topping it.

Just let people rest in peace.

On a side note: There will be no personal attacks of any sort against another member of the City. People who claim to strive for peace, inner and world, surprise me with their hate and anger....not just here, either. Maybe I need to visit that fuck off thread too.

8. How about just delete the thread considering it borders/crosses the line of not having anything nice to say and flaming. Not to mention it has nothing to do with marijuana whatsoever.

9. sounds like a Rage Against the Machine song

10. I hope you never need the help of any of these.. I\'m sure if they knew how you felt, they would never show up if you called for help!

11. Have you ever heard of karma??? What goes around comes around & vice versa!!

12. have you never told a friend to fuck off? it can be said in a friendly way. ... maybe thats another cultural devide. get sid in here or another brit/scot to back me up on that.

you\'re not public enemy number 1 in my mind... not by a long way. i did warn yas i was in an angry mood then. :D

oh, and i dont recall calling you a nationalist. i said what you had said reeked of nationalism. theres a big difference between that and actually calling you a nationalist.

EEK! gotta go catch a bus! shit! i\'m late! i\'m late!

13. nope.. just been around a long time and people who have that attitude start having all kinds of bad things happen to them... Some times it takes a little longer to catch up, but it always does...

Fuck cops today, bitching about being arrested before to long..

14. I\'m not a huge Reagen fan, but I have respect for him. It takes a lot of fucking balls to be the president. Especially one who ends the cold war without a single shot being fired. For all any of you know we wouldn\'t be here today if he hadn\'t been president. Or we would still be taught to hide under our desks when the city air raid horn blows.

Also, digit, they arnt putting him on regular money we use everyday. They are putting him on a comemrotive dollar coin. I hardly feel thats something to get pissed about. After all it\'s just a picture of him painted over top of it.

and Grassroots, I found humor in your comment.

15. well all i have to say is........

1/ Regan is dead, and he didn\'t ask for the 10 hours over 6 channels etc etc etc...........get off his case......

2/ humor does not carry well over the internet sometimes..........grassroots i got the humor...... i\'m sure if you meant it we would allready know you as an \"America is #1 and the rest of the world are dumb....etc etc\"...........kinda guy............and after what 1700 posts, i\'m sure we\'d all know.

3/ this post was and maybe still is, turning into a \"jump on grassroots back\"............maybe Reagan was bad, maybe he wasn\'t..............he deserves to rest in peace, he was a human being............we all know that he was mainly a puppet for his own party, so hardly any of his bad decisions were actually his, or his good decisions if any for that matter......they used to turn up the chopper rotors so as no one could ask him questions, he could never hear them...............does that make HIM a bad man............none of us (or that i know of so far) knew him personally.............i don\'t feel any of us, American or not is in a position to slag him..........

and i must admit i know that Digit saying \"fuck off!\" is like the comedian Billy Connelly saying it...........we say \"fuck off\"..........like an American would say something like \"no shit\".....or \"get the hell out of here\" etc...........

Peace out............Sid

16. I speak my mind as well...

No worries mate..

17. There\'s no way you\'re going to convince me that Reagan ended the cold war. Of all the people I\'ve heard say that not one was able to explain how he did it. The best explanation I\'ve heard was that he accelerated the soviets\' downfall by keeping up the arms race and \'making\' them ruin their own economy. Well there is no fucking way anyone\'s going to convince me that we \'beat\' the russians by playing \"my dick is bigger than yours\". Reagan was a puppet, plain and simple, if you don\'t believe me look at schwarzenegger. The republicans find a pretty boy/action star and put them in cali\'s governer\'s chair, then they lay low for a while and build up the idea of actors being politicians. After that it all depends on how many people will vote for a well known face and they\'ll go after the white house.

18. CNN actually asked one of their \"experts\" whether or not there was too much coverage of Regan\'s death...

The \"expert\" replied, saying something along the lines of it being appropriate cause news programs run out of material since they\'re on 24 hours a day on cable...

Apparantly this \"expert\" wasn\'t aware of the WORLD existing outside of the U.S...
    : /

19. There was also a movement to add his face to Mt. Rushmore...

Maybe I\'ll start one to have a monumental onyx Nixon constructed beside Ms. Liberty...

Just for the Hell of it...

Oh...
    And he\'s dead too...
    Bonus reason...

Just to clarify, there was a movement made to replace Jackson on the 20...
    Definately not happenning though....

20. I can bet your a MILLION dollars that NO ONE in this forum even MET Reagan, let alone KNEW him and more than HALF probably weren\'t even old enough to vote when he was around and some weren\'t even alive.

yet we have all this HATE against him? even after he is dead?

I suggest to you folks to read your HISTORY before making comments.

I haven\'t even seen the COLD WAR mentioned in here?

I won\'t start a political war in here.

just my .02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.