Fuck parents

Discussion in 'General' started by OrangeK, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Damn that sucks man I would flip the fuck out if I were you.

2. Exact same thing happened to me as a kid, until this day I still think about it and that dog. But it was for the best..... Sorry to hear though man just toke a bowl and remember the good

3. Damn thats sad.. I remember when my family had to put our black labrador down... Its realy sad because of attachment you get from having it for so long.. Cheer up! There are way worse thimgs that could of happened!

4. ive done the same thing.... one of my biggest regrets, because its my last memory of my dog it sucks man:(

5. My take on this:
    I came into this thread expecting some little dick to be ranting about his parents not letting him smoke in his room (again) or something.
    What I found was something that I truly feel is a legitimate grievance.

As much as people have pointed out that saying goodbye etc is especially painful, even though this could have been the intention of the parents to "spare" their child this pain, they have stolen an experience from him.
    They have not let him make the choice. They have not allowed him a final goodbye.
    As much as it hurts, it is an important thing for closure and moving on...I really believe that it's something that their "best friend" should be with them for, so they can know they are loved, and you can know you're showing them that.
    I'm not talking about little kids etc, but this guy is 18 and had a long standing friendship with this dog.
    I don't think it's right at all.
    At very least they should have advised him of the situation, made sure he knew, and THEN given him the option to accompany them to the vet or say goodbye at the house.
    As much immediate pain was spared, this was wrong.

6. Dang I'm sorry man

7. What bitches.