Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fuck. Need help if at all possible.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Boffin, Feb 26, 2005.

1. OK, a few weeks ago I went to a party as some of you know. This girl who goes to my school, who's parents were out of town, invited me to a party. She also said to people "invite as many people as possible!" although I invited noone. Some people gatecrashed the party, and around 2000 - 3000 pounds worth of damage were done. Over the night (although I was stoned) I broke nothing, damaged nothing and not only that but I helped to get most of the gatecrashers out and limit the damage done by helping out drunk people etc. etc. Almost ALL of the damage done was due to people who don't even go to our school- the gatecrashers.

Now, the girl's bitch-ass parents have written to the school and named me as one of the people at said party. The deputy headmaster already has a vendetta against me simply because I used to have long hair (ridiculous, right?) and was reluctant to cut it off. I've been "grounded" (complete ass, right? But I have to do what my parents say as they're paying for my education and without that I can't get the fuck out later on) for a month. My reputation has obviously been severely damaged with the school and with my parents who say they "can't trust me." which I am actually quite distressed about.

The girl's parents are trying to make me and others pay £50 each, which right now would be over half of my monthly cash. I messaged the girl whos party it was in reference to either helping with clearing up / fixing stuff and maybe paying for any damage I might have incurred accidentally but had no reply. I just want to know is this shit even legal!? All they have is entirely circumstantial evidence for shit that I had no involvement in. As is, I'm gonna write to the school and explain my situation and state that although the money is a separate matter, I had nothing to do with the causing of said damage. I'm also gonna write to this girl's parents and explain, probably send around £20 in good faith - I did eat a little of their food and drink a little of their coffee when it was offered to me, and I do feel sorry for them, just think that this is utterly ridiculous, as are the channels through which they have sought justice. In the letter it even states that "those who we can contant will be held responsible for the actions of all." I am just a scapegoat, as are all the people at my school - because we are the only ones who they can contact, but not the ones who incurred the damage.

BTW The girl has also lied to her parents, which I will point out in my letters - she says that she organised a sleepover with 25 close friends and that we invited people unbeknownst to her, not that she threw an open-house party!

In conclusion, FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCKERS!

Also I'd like to point out that I have not exaggerated or omitted anything to make my case seem more innocent. I really need help. People are talking about sueing for slander although I'm not sure how far they'll get.

2. sueing for slander? wtf is slanderous about that? if thats their threat i wouldnt worry about it, cause i seriously doubt they'd win... although i dunno about the rules over there...

too bad about the crashed party though...

3. Thats complete bullshit. I hope you get your point across to her parents, and help reveal her in intentions of the party.

What fucking bad luck man. I hope this gets sorted out soon.

Good luck to you!

4. I've written a letter that I'm gonna get all the people who did fuck all to sign and send that to her parents explaining what happened. The girl's being a real bitch about this crap, though. Whatever, I guess.

5. It's the people who got letters and junk that are threatening to sue. I really doubt they will, though. I'm not sure about slander law but I'm pretty sure it has to be a more public thing than this?

6. how is it slander if you're saying it directly to them? i thought slander would be like "don't shop at k-mart cause they eat babies." anyway.. you're an adult.. tell em fuck off. they can't prove you did something when you actually didn't do anything. i dunno what to say about your parents not believing you. sounds like you don't have a very good relationship if they won't believe you for something stupid like this.
    and ultimately, who cares if everyone invited people even if the girl HAD planned on 20 people, it was her responsibility to not let people in. i dunno about you, but the last time i let someone in my house and out of my sight that i didn't know was.... never. that is damn retarded.
    lol i don't even know the chick but she pissed me off. what a biiiatch. go stab all their tires. :D

7. i can relate i've actually been in very similar situations in the past. all i can say is do whatever you think is right. let the consequences come, because in doing this you will find out if they actually exsist or are simply ploys utilized by your agressors in order to mislead you. but try to just relax and stay positive.

good luck

8. Thanks for all the help :) Have written a letter to the school saying don't use me and my friends as scapegoats and one to her parents saying me and my friends did nothing so it's stupid that we and we alone should be given the consequences.

9. straight up tell them to fuck off and that their coffe was shitty. haha

10. Man, it's definitely been my experience that big party=BAD NEWS. Just about every encounter with the police I've had has been because I was stupid enough to go to some big-ass party where there were many non-trustworthy people. About what the girl's parents are trying to do, I'll go along with the others here and say CALL THEIR BLUFF. They're obvisouly just really angry about this (which is understandable) and they're basically trying to do anything they think they can. I've dealt with this type before, and they've always been ALL TALK.

11. Itd help your case if the girl does admit that she wanted to throw a party and not some bullshit kiddy sleepover. Try to get it out of her.

12. I dont think alot of this advice will apply to this guy in the UK. The culture and attitude towards certain things is different over there, not to mention the differences in our written law. Cases that would get thrown out in the states could have completely different reactions in UK court.

So, I think the best advice you could use (sorry if someone already said it, I only skimmed through some of the posts) is to talk to a lawyer over there. Ask if they have any legal backing to these claims. Im not sure what kind of evidence they have proving who was there, and who did what. Asking everyone for such an amount doesn't seem fair to ME.

13. this is gonna be on mtvs highschool stories someday

14. thats some bullshit. you dont have to pay for anything.

15. wtf... i hate parents so much... if i was you i wouldnt pay, but thats just me. I fucking hate it when people wreck peoples shit at parties

16. or 40 rolls of pennies :D

17. ya fuck her, lol....ne way u didnt do shit, dont pay nething wen u didnt do nething bad...she shud be paying u for the help of getting those fuckers out, that stupid bitch. and go to her house one day and aske to talk to her parents, and tell them that she threw a party, completely fuck her over. i hate fucking douches like this.

18. Update :) The girl's parents, having recieved a ton of hate-mail (and not just from the kids) and bugger all money have changed their tack a little. I wish they'dve just appealed for help it would have been so much easier. You know if you get a rep that's blue / dark purple is that negative? If so... Why did someone negative rep me on this thread and not even give a reason? :(

19. get som fuckin proof that the girl is lying and mail it to her parents.

or get some fuckin petition sighned that says exactly what happend and

ur right fuck all those fucking god damn mother fuckers that fuck each others fucking fuck holes.

20. dude that has to be the worst, when your completly fucking nice and go out of your way to help and this is what you get.