Fuck Microsoft, Fuck XBOX360 [rant]

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by theVirtuoso, Jul 10, 2008.

1. So... what fun I've had with my 360. I've had one since launch and my launch ran longer than any of my friend's until it finally started freezing up (much much later than expected). So I sent it in, had the worst time dealing with their customer service or w/e...

They sent me a brand new one, so I was happy. Everything works fine for a long time.

Then, outta nowhere, my wireless controllers wont sync up with my 360. I went through the whole process of syncing them (if you own a 360 you'll understand this part). They would do the whole green light going around, then the green light on the 360 and the one on the controller would blink twice in sync, which means that the 360 recognizes the controller and that the controller is now syncd.... apparently not. It would go back to just blinking like its looking for a wireless connection. After some painful talking with some idiot on the tech support, all he did was repeat was I said and tell me to do what I told him 50 times I already did.... I said fuck it, and went and bought a wired controller, because I just wanted to play.

Time goes by, long time... no problems, but of course still no wireless sync. 360 starts freezing, then eventually whenever I started it, it froze right away, red ring of death... I'm sure you've heard that.

I pretty much just said fuck this and left the thing there for months, before my roommate finally called Microsoft and had my 360 sent in for repairs. It just arrived about... 25 minutes ago. I load it up, everythings fine.

I try out my wireless controller, syncs up (big smile on my face), then the wireless guitar for guitar hero, it syncs up fine (bigger smile).

Then I decide I'm gonna play Guitar Hero since I haven't played in... like a year. As soon as the game was in there and loading, I lost the syncs, and now the controllers wont sync back up with the 360. This is frustrating, now they dont even blink in sync to tell me that they found each other, the green light just keeps going round n round n round.

So here I am... frustrated as all hell, because it seems I gotta deal with those fucks again, and send my 360 in AGAIN....

argggggggggggggg :mad:

2. that sucks, i would just get a new one if i was you, ive had good luck with mine

3. Oh man... ive saved up around 500 dollars and counting to buy myself an xbox 360.

I havnt owned a system since n64 (never really had the time for video games that much after that and just played on my computer).

Now, after reading your post, im starting to second guess my decision...

I wanted the xbox 360 mostly because of the multiplayer, i would just buy CoD4, halo, and some other games and just kick back and play live for an hour or so whenever i feel like it....

But ive heard so many things about the system messing up so i dont know what to do...

I currently have enough money for the pro version and the wireless adapter thing ( i need it to play live sadly).

So do you think it would be worth it to save up and purchase the elite version (would it be less prone to breaking down im not about to send my shit in) or should i just stick to the reg version or should i get a wii?

And also on your story that sucks hardcore.... dont worry everything will be fixed within a few days time.

4. Definitely don't have the money for that.

I was just gonna get a fan for it because i have it's wireless adapter already, so I would be set... but if I wanna use it I have to used wired controllers, and that limits me to two people, such fucking bullshit.

At least I have like 3 more weeks to save up some extra cash for COD4 and GTA4.

Edit:
    Golgi, even after all the shit I've dealt with, I would say it's worth it as long as you're plannin on really using this thing and it not just sitting there pretty often like I did, because there are some damn good games for it. Mainly I don't have an HDTV so that put me off it, I had nothing but good luck with it for like... over a year on a launch console (the ones that were completely fucked), but since then... nothing but bad luck.

I guess I'm just gonna send it in one more time... nothing else I can do for now except plug in the wired controllers... and my wireless router isn't even working so I can't get online with the wireless adapter either.

Damn.... just damn....

5. get a ps3, trust me it wont dissapoint u and the games are just as good. any online game on the ps3 is usually flawless for me. with the exception of a new launch game where every1 is cramming online to play. but ya, ps3s death rate is like 1%, while the 360s is about 33%, so ya u decide

6. The 360 has way more possibilities than a video game system. Get a TV card for your computer, and run Media Center on it. If its on the same network, You can use the 360 as a Tivo like device, pausing and rewinding live television.

You can stream an HD-DVD, DVD, DivX, and WMV coded video file to it via Media Center, and many audio files, via your network.

7. Ha, I just sent my 360 in for the 2nd time to get fixed and I'm not exactly happy about it. Bought it Christmas of 06 so I've had it for about a year and a half. First time it died I had the red lights and I sent it in and got it back in a few weeks. It sucked, but oh well it had to be done.

Well about 2 months ago it started getting a disc read error after I would play for about 10 minutes. I didn't worry about sending it in because one of my roommates also has one and I didn't really feel like dealing with their horrible customer service. I looked up the warranty information and it said that all of them had a 3 year warranty so I figured I was fine.

Well I called them a few days ago and went through all the bullshit and they finally tell me its going to cost $100 to get it fix. Apparently the 3 year warranty only covers the red lights, and nothing else. So if anything breaks and you don't get the red lights your fucked. I was fucking pissed. Its only a fucking year and a half old and this is my 2nd one that broke. Why the fuck should I be paying 100 bucks to get it fixed? Its not my fault that they cant make a product that will last more than a fucking year. My friend bought one at launch and he is on his 5th or 6th one, I can't even remember. Anyway, that's my rant about shitty ass Microsoft.

8. LOL, LOL ps3 also has a high death rate lately it is climbing. Personally i hate ps3 online, i think its cheezy and their aare alot of cheaters from what i have seen. with x-box live you pay for it so it takes the cheaters out, fixes all the glitches and adds new content constantly. and x-box live is NEVER SLOW like ps3 unless its ur connnection. 360 def has the selection is games over ps3, but ps3 does have SOME good games,, not many exclusives tho. Personally their is not other way to go but 360 and i would not trade mine for a ps3 any day.

9. Those are basically the things im looking for in a game system (what you stated about the xbox360) So yeah i think thats what im going to get but i dont know wether its worth it to upgrade to the elite version or not. Ill look more into it thanks

-Golgi

10. Yeah, basically when it all comes down to it, theres a LOT of shit to deal with either PS3 or 360, but 360 has the games, the better online, and all that jazz, or w/e the fuck you want to call it.

However, on a side note... my Wii rocks, I've had it since launch and never had a single, not even ONE tiny problem.

11. My Wii's laser reader went out.

It only took maybe a week for it to be fixed and sent back to me though.

The ONLY reason I would pick up a 360 over a PS3 is Live, it's just perfect. PS3 online sucked (But then again, last time I tried was awhile ago, I'm talking when turok came out).

I believ ethe 360 is getting a price drop this month as well.

12. ON that side not you mentioned i do lovd my wii, but not as much as my 360, i like to get serious about games when i play so 360 is definately my shit with the leader boards ect. 360 ftw

13. Bro i kno how you feel my wireless headset decided to not turn on one day lost $60 didnt even bother to call them for a refund cause it takes a least 30mins then my GH3 controller did the same thing straight up dosnt turn on thats like what? $50 gone. Ive sent my 360 in once cause of the ring of death but got a new one with no problems since but basically microsoft needs to build there fucking shit stronger or better.

14. lol, i can only shake my head. ps3 is just so much better. mgs4 shits on anything. cod4 is better on ps3 graphically. and idk about u guys, but the PSN has only been down one time for maintenance b4 a major firmware upgrade. the XMB is much easier to navigate, i dont have to pay for my online and right now it is equally as good as the 360 with trophies and messaging and a very good online store. plus, from wat u hear, theres really no cheaters at all. ppl like to complain if they lag when they happen to play some1 from europe or some shit and they dont realize their ping sucks, so they get frustrated and call it hacks... w.e, so the ps3 has a small death rate but that is usually the blu ray diode dying off from the original models, and that is easily replaced. the 360 has a huge malfunction in its initial design and even the new 65nm chips that are just rolling out still RROD. so how many ppl have to complain about their red ring and all their friends deaths b4 they realize the ps3 is actually a really good system with extremely minimal hardware failure rates. im glad i got mine, and eventually when fable 2 comes out i will buy myself a 360. but not anytime soon when the ps3 is just starting to turn out so many good titles.

o and i didnt have to pay for an extra wireless adapter, also the controllers sync up faster and have a much longer battery life. plus their built with a rechargeable battery inside so u only just plug it up to the ps3 and a little later uve got the controller and it lasts u at least 50hrs of time

k, rant over. sry. rlly high on ritalin and sour diesel atm

15. you only hear bad stuff about xbox because people who are statisfied don't complain. Stick with the xbox bro

16. Fuck a cheap system like 360...yeah, COD4 is cool but Halo gets old after awhile. Too many 360s break down, it is sad.

I bought a Wii and for a stoner like myself it as given me hundreds of hours of happiness. It is rather inexpensive. The system has never, EVER had any problem with it and all the controllers have never failed me either. Also, the games are getting even better (Star Wars: Force Unleashed, The Conduit, COD:5, NHL 2K9, MadWorld, etc)

17. Go to walmart. Buy a new 360. Take the sticker off the back of the broken one. Take the sticker off the back of the new one. Put the new sticker on the broken 360. Return to walmert. Get your money back.

18. You only hear negative comments about the xbox because people think the minute they praise the xbox, red ring of death is soon to follow....muahahahahah

19. I feel for you dude. I got a 360 for christmas last year fresh out of the box the sync button on the controller didn't work and one of the memory card ports was broken... so I had to go get another one. Pretty frustrating...

20. The technology in the newer 360's has improved. In all honesty, I won't let make the decision for you if you're buying a new one now. Not to mention there's another price drop coming for the 360 in a week or so.

That said, I think the PS3 is awesome and I want one, haha. But if you're deciding between one or the other, don't let this 'failure rate' or the 'technical problems' be a deciding factor, the newer 360 systems have long improved and the PS3 isn't perfect either.