Fuck Karneval.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Smash420, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I don't know if you've heard of this german holiday. I don't know why it exists, but basically the general idea is that.... I'm to stoned to explain this shit right know so I'm just gonna post a video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41wiTgAKKaI"]YouTube - Karneval Köln Rosenmontag 2008[/ame]

So anyway, this doubtlessly somehow religiously inspired festival has been taken and transformed into a Germany wide drinking contest by the 13-18 year olds. I don't wish to say Germany is like one massive ghetto or something, but 50% of 13-18 year olds in Germany smoke weed at least once a week (nice), and 48% get drunk on a regular basis. These are the official figures from the western part of Germany, where I live.

I'm telling you all this just to make it clear just how many german teenagers drink themselves into hospital each year. Not that I give a shit. As long as they don't throw up on me when there to drunk. It's just that yesterday I got a phone call telling me that a friend of mine (I didn't go to the karneval, didn't feel like it) drunk a shitload of vodka, and proceeded to go and slit his wrists with some broken glass. An ambulance came and picked up, last night he was swaying between life and death. He could be dead by know, and I don't know any details. All I know is this upsets me pretty much. I could add all they young 14 year old girls who are also in hospital getting there stomachs pumped out, but as I said, I don't give a shit.

2. Yeah, they do it here in Holland too. It's a catholic thing. Never understood those people.

3. my friend is from germany. But he didnt say everyone binge drinks alot. But they drink alot.

4. Clearly, you do give a shit.

But I agree, its kinda fucked up how many young people go to this and drink until they're on the verge of death.

5. Fuck yeah. Just get an eighth of weed or drink a reasonable amount of vodka, so that you may vomit and shit but not need to be carried away in an ambulance. It works well for me, although I haven't drunken alcohol in about a year, since a drunk a shitload of spirits and vomited blood.