Fuck I don't know what to do. I need help.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WhereRDaCookies, Nov 3, 2011.

1. #1 WhereRDaCookies, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Alright so I have a job that I just started at last month, and it isn't too bad at all. Great pay, good benefits coming soon. My plan is to work it for about 9 - 10 months or so and go back to state college. I was going to move back in January, but apartments are too expensive.

So my best friend from college just texted me like an hour ago asking me to move in with him because his roommate is moving out. I literally already have enough money to pay for the rest of the lease on my side (until July). The only problem is that this friend of mine is probably the reason I was kicked out of college in the first place (bad grades). He introduced me to the world of drugs, and I went from a 4.0 Senior in high school to a 1.2GPA freshman in college and flunked out.

There is a 95% chance this job is going to burn me out within 3 months on top of a full course load at Community College. I really can't decide what to do. My little bro told me to stay home and keep working my job. My little bro is kind of my mentor (weird right?) so I'm already kind of leaning towards telling my friend to go fuck himself, but on the other hand I know I'm going to burn out at this job and getting good grades next semester is key to getting back into state college.

What should I do GC? This decision pretty much decides how I go about finishing my degree.

2. School will always be there, a well paying job with good benefits may not always be available to you. I'd take advantage of the job and save up as much dough as possible before heading back to school.

Just my two cents.

3. The sooner you start taking classes the better off you will be. I would move in with him and enroll in classes next semester, he is not the reason you dropped out of college you are the only one to blame. If you chose to get high and not do school work that's merely your choice. If the problem is your roommate always smoking and offering you some just say no you have other stuff to do. Time to start being responsible and knowing what you have to get done and what its going to take to do it. If that's not smoking till after your work is done so be it, learn to turn down grass. Unless you are working during the day and that is the reason you think it will effect your schooling get another job that will work around your schedule. Just because you have a job is not a valid reason to withdraw from attending community college I mean come on its community college for god sakes. If you can't balance a job/community college you have some serious procrastinating problems and you should probably work on that, its not hard to work 30+ hours a week and attend college it just takes smart time management. So get back in class, maintain your job and learn to balance the smoking/work/school its not that difficult bro.

4. Bend over and I will take care of you.

5. It's more like 50+ hours a week working 6 - 7 days. On top of a 16 credit hour schedule at CC. I can't go back to state college next semester no matter what. I would just be going to the CC in the same town as my state college.

Yea I know it was my fault and my fault alone, but it was more like the combination of him and I hanging out so often that fucked us over. The only reason he is still in state college is because he pretended to be borderline mentally insane, and had a psychiatrist sign the correct paperwork to declare him unable to be responsible for the grades he received.

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago to man up for my job.

6. save your paper, in the long run that's really what matters because jobs are difficult to come by these days. and you can work in college also..but if i were you i'd stay put for a bit.

change the title of your thread, because i smell trolls coming.

7. Stay at home. You need the grades (if you're back with him, you'll go back to everything you were doing before) so stay at home, work your job, etc.. Plus, why waste money when you could make money? Pay rent or save $300 a month?

8. idiot!!!

9. Yea..I've pretty much made up my mind with the responses I've been getting. I'm gonna stay home and work this job for as long as I can. If I somehow get laid off from my job I'll try to use moving in with him as an exit strategy while collecting mad unemployment $$.

10. Work and mature before going to school. School is worthless if you're not mature enough to learn what you need to know. It sounds like you're too strongly influenced by your friend anyway.

11. Move in with the kid and go back to school. You just need to implement some self control.

12. From what I've seen, the more time you take off from school the less likely you are to go back. Your job will only become more and more important to you ad will take up a your attention. This has been my observation of peers as well as what professors and successful family members have said.

If you don't want to lose this job now, do you think you'll want to once you get pay raises and benefits? It's the classic dilemma: work and be benefitted now, or go to college and benefit down the road.

As time goes on and businesses are competing globally, college education will be more and more important. Basically, if
    You really have the ability to take significant time off and work, then quit to go back to school, then save up and do so. But it is a LOT easier said than done once you're really getting into your Job ya know?

13. I'm glad that you posted this. You would be 100% correct about this if I was working a typical job. Sadly a government mandate that expires at the end of 2012 will virtually make my job as if it never existed. Check out my thread in the politics section if you'd like to know more. I'm only planning on working my current job because of this. Maybe it's a good thing that I know this job cannot become my career.

14. [quote name='"WhereRDaCookies"']

I'm glad that you posted this. You would be 100% correct about this if I was working a typical job. Sadly a government mandate that expires at the end of 2012 will virtually make my job as if it never existed. Check out my thread in the politics section if you'd like to know more. I'm only planning on working my current job because of this. Maybe it's a good thing that I know this job cannot become my career.[/quote]

Hmm in that case, it might be worth it to work your ass off now so you can live comfortably when you go back to school

15. what?!??

i love GC

16. do it, get that free money:hello::hello:

17. work job.. make money..
    go back to college.. live with kid who's the reason i flunked out in the first place..

18. LMFAO ommmgggggg too funny.. im damn near pissin muh pants :eek: :wave: :smoke:

19. No i will not fuck you

20. But you'll fuck a beer? ... How do you even do that? :p