Fuck EA

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, Sep 3, 2011.

1. I got Skate 3 yesterday, super hyped about the ability to finally build my own skateparks. I can design them just fine and that's awesome... but upload and download other parks? Nope. Why? Because EA is a bunch of fucking losers.

Apparently this ability doesn't come "out of the box" so I have to use some code that came with the game to enable the feature. That's strange but okay, just EA's attempt to deter used game sales. But wait, I can't use my code. Why? It's fucking expired! They want me to PAY for one that's not expired because the one they initially sold me is outdated.

What the fuck EA? I seriously have to PAY even though I bought a new copy? EA needs to cut out this bullshit that is meant to deter used game sales because it's fucking over their customers. They are doing this shit with every fucking game they release it seems like.

Plus on top of that EA seems to be into putting out incredibly shitty games and then just focusing on marketing them as great (Medal of Honor, anybody?)... I guess Skate 3 will be the last EA title I pick up until they fix their shit.

2. Im with you man their quality just feels like its been going downhill for a while. Skate 3 is definitely a HUGE disappointment, but even their go to game Madden is pretty bad now. They keep claiming these massive engine/control updates that will change gameplay but I just dont see it. I think Im done with EA for a while too...

3. Skate 3 is mixed for me. The new map is really good from what I've seen and it has some awesome looking dlc (though pricing it at $7 is fucking lame).. Having to buy the aforementioned feature is a huge drawback though. But it still has a lot of huge new gaps (more than skate 2 I think) and park designer. Those are pretty much the only things it has going for it.

Don't like the "start your own company" career setup. I also don't like the new bail system that lets you soar 200 feet distance and lets you hit whatever you want.. I liked having to try to nail people when bailing because it made it that much cooler =(

It just dropped to $20 new at Gamestop though. Worth it for that price I guess. Probably the last EA game I'm buying though because I doubt they'll sort their shit out

4. EA and Activision are fucking killing gaming.

5. True. Activision also needs to just go the fuck away.

6. Yea,
    EA sux
    il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover was a huge disappointment.

7. I dont know how I feel about this. Its obviously smart business by EA.

I think a better solution to combat used game sales would be to lower the price of new games

EA still is delivering a lot more quality content than the other big name activision

8. Don't forget Ubisoft and their DRM. Don't forget about blizzard about... ER wait a minute, it's actually Activision for most of the parts.

9. How is this a "smart move"? I could see that if they just used the code, although that's still fucking annoying. But to use the codes and then make them expire so even if you buy a new copy you need to buy the features already included on disc.. that's not a smart move.

And EA delivering more quality than Activison? Not at all. The problem with Activision is that they come out with quality games and then milk the living fuck out of them. The Guitar Hero games for example were great, but then they started coming out with 6 fucking games a year and totally killed a great franchise. That mostly where my huge amount of hate for Activison comes from =\. And fuck, I don't like to think of what they did to the once great THPS series.. Activision just has a habit of beating dead horses and running shit into the ground quick.

EA and Activision both are too goddamn greedy

I don't know about Ubisoft, haven't played their games in a long time that I know of. Really, the only company I think is doing shit good is Valve, but I haven't had a lot of interest in their more recent titles =\. At least somebody knows how to support their customers.

10. #11 Grizmoblust, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011

Hate the greed? don't feed the greed.

Ubisoft is acting unusual a lot lately. Adding DRM on AC series; you are must require to be online all times otherwise you can't play. Diablo 3 followed this exact same scenario.

To be honest, I think it's time to shift our money towards on indie/small business games. A lot of small games have good innovation, although, most of the times, it couldn't get recognized because marketing (ads) cost is too damn high. But the point being is that Indie needs money to move forward, as desperate times for desperate measures, it is wise to invest on innovation other than continue to support old companies for that time range when we thought it worked out well.

11. EA are dicks man, They use their owns servers which in the end means that they will shut down online for old games so they have space to host online for new titles.

And yeah this new code system they have now is just bullshit because they know people WILL pay the money. It's all about the money...

12. eeeeh...

battlefield
    mass effect
    dead space
    all the sports titles
    SWTOR
    skate
    need for speed

right now activision really only has COD (that i can think of)

13. That's not EA. They are publishers or in other words, EA is the middle man. \
    Fuck the middle man.

14. Haven't played Battlefield, Mass Effect, or Dead Space. I never liked the Star Wars games and the sports titles are basically remakes each year and STILL they manage to fuck something new up each edition. I think the new NFS games sorta suck too =\.

I'll give ONE thing to Activision... As shitty of a company as they are, they still did the right thing on Guitar Hero 6. They knew the series was dead (thanks to them. They fucked up a huge part of the rhythm game scene) so they came out with a game that was basically just a gift to all the hardcore fans. The charts were all insane and it was clear it wasn't meant for casual players. I'm glad that series at least got a proper last game.

15. I'm really hoping that EA doesn't pull something similar when they release Mass Effect 3
    Online codes are bullshit especially when you have to pay additional money on top of the game, $60 plus not enough really?

16. I've hated EA ever since they shut down Motor City Online. I'll never forgive them. Ever.

17. thats beside the point entirely

18. And Activision didnt really design Black Ops i thought that was all Treyarch? Either way all these companies are doing the capitalist thing and taking advantage of consumers at every turn, its going to breed bad customer relations in my opinion. Are video game companies too big to fail? I cant help myself, I know Im going to buy Diablo 3 no matter what, been playing Blizzard since 94.

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3PGbF87hNw]South Park "EA Sports Saying" - YouTube[/ame]