Fuck Cops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ganjaman206, Jul 10, 2014.

1. So today I'm at a lake with some friends, everyone is smoking on the grass. I had just arrived and we where filling my brand new bubbler and bong in a clearing away from the grass (an attempt to be the least bit discreet, unlike the gen. pop.).

Now for a bit of background, I have been spending plenty of money online to buy pieces and are forced to ship them to external addresses (parents). I've done this twice, once about 75% of my $300 order I still have not seen (1/2 a year later). This second time I shipped everything to a different person and due to his ignorance I lost about 50% of a $200 order. I happily collected a bubbler, a small pipe, a hand crank grinder, 4 9mm bowls, and a bob Marley poster. I was able to collect these (after much negotiation) 3 days ago, 3 months after ordering.

I was just happy to have the pieces and loved the new grinder, I had only used them one other time and only with a gram of weed. The bowl was never used and was in my very first piece (an awesome little mini bong). So where at this lake filling the pieces and grinder, when we here some asshole ranger say "ooh bummer". I turn around with the bong in my hand. "ill take that bong there" says the female ranger with him. Everything out in the open, and I couldn't think straight, so I gave them the bong. I was trying to remember if I had to give it to them or not. They then took my grinder and bubbler from my friends. Trying to collect what was happening I said, "so this piece has never been used, just tobacco. And same with this one (%100 true)" And the male piece of shit said "Yeah shure". This set me off but I was still overwhelmed, I told them to smell it and they didn't reply. This whole time my friends where saying stupid shit that teenagers say when they are caught. Then after everyone quit talking, the rangers said if we cleaned up the area (littered with typical smoke-spot shit) they'd let us off the hook. My friends where ecstatic, having only lost around $5 of bud from the grinder. I was furious. The pure disorientation and depression after loosing that amount of nice shit, especially with how long it took me to get it, and how much was lost in the process. It was like having the silver lining of the past 3 months stolen, just like that.

While my friends where cleaning I set off to find the rangers. They where prancing around looking completely self-dignified, showing other lake goers my bong and other precious pieces, I assume warning them. This really passed me off but I felt so defeated, I went up to them and asked, "so is all this being legally confiscated?" They say, "Yup." As if to pies me off more, and I tried to BS them that is was my parents medical stuff, they said I shouldn't have taken it, and that they could call my parents instead of having my pieces taken. Then I watched them destroy it all and throw it away.

I don't really know what to do, I reordered just the bub and grinder, witch I hate doing cause its just more money down the drain (I quit keeping track, well over $250 overall).

My questions are, did I get lucky or fucked over? I live in Washington state and the first retail stores opened less than a week ago. I can't say for sure but I feel like the rangers abused their power, or possibly didn't have to confiscate all my stuff, or at least they lied to us somehow, like I possibly didn't have to relinquish anything except the grinder (weed in it). I usually know this stuff but its a very unique situation because:
    a. Washington State
    b. They where lake rangers, not police officers
    c. The pieces had never seen weed

Can someone give me some peace of mind here, weather its relation, legal knowledge, advice, ect.

2. Uhhhhh isn't it legal there buddy? Sounds like you aren't 18 if you can't just go into a headshop Skippy

3. #3 Old School Smoker, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Were you on federal land like olympia national park? If not, then those rangers were abusing thier power and had no right to do what they did. They saw some teenaged kids and took advantage. Next time, be smart and just roll joints. They are much more discreet. And always be on the move with one eye  over your shoulder. If rangers approach you, just smash that shit up into ground and they cant say shit. Take care.

4. That's what I assumed... and no, it was just a small lake off the highway, it had some benches and water fountains and crap like that but it was definitely not federal land. This upsets me, thanks for your insight

5. #5 Lenny., Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    you had to order a bob marley poster to a different address? the hell? when i was your age (16) i had a bob marley poster, a 2pac poster and a dennis rodman poster

6. Aha no not necessarily, I just did cause while I was ordering lighters and hemp wick and pieces I also just threw in trippy posters

7. The legal age in CO and WA is 21, not 18.

8. Its still 18 to buy "tobacco pipes".

As to the topic, the theft of your stuff could be legal depending on your age in Washington but still, theft is theft no matter what costume they are wearing or laws they make to cover it up. Those rangers sound like power tripping assholes. Fuck the police.

9. Lmao you gave them your shit you didnt have to. If anything just say its for tobacco and keep insisting that.

Where in wa do you stay by? I know tons of parks and lakes throughout The state bro

10. You should complain to their boss. Tell em they took your water pipe right before you had the chance to smoke weed on the property.

Is it private property? Can you smoke openly in a public place? Um idk any other questions at the moment.

11. Im just guessing but your under 21. I believe that is the problem. Also guessing less then 18 if your ordering online instead of going to a head shop to get pretty common stuff.

If all my assumptions are true then that was your problem. Also dont take all your pieces with you at once just in case something like this happens. That way you still have something. Glass bongs are not really meant for on the go use. Travel with the bubbler leave the bong in the car\\house.

Cops are assholes on a power trip for the most part. Just be glad they didn't charge you with anything or call your parents. Never say the stuff you have is someone elses. Your just going to get yourself and them in trouble. And besides if you posses it, it doesn't really matter whos it is as possession is 9\\10ths the law.

The good news is that a lot of online retailers are having 710 sales right now so you can save 15-20% on your order.

12. If your 18 and If it was a new bong with no weed smoked out of it you shouldn't have handed it over. That's when you laugh at them. Sounds like your not 18 though. Learn from this so it doesn't happen again.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

13. Learn your rights man. Don't talk to the police, ask if you are free to go or being detained. You and your friends can't crack that easily under pressure or they'll take advantage of you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Your toys were guilty by association does not matter clean or dirty. Take a breath and realize you got off easy,   what if the called in County cops to take you  away? Count your blessing.

15. If anything y'all should be sittin on a back deck of your house smokin, not get in caught up by rangers at a park lol

16. Idk, wasn't a smart idea bringing any of that stuff out.  Smoke a jay or a blunt.  Easily disposable.

And be careful carrying grinders man, thats possession of paraphernalia Lol.

17. It was probably public land and since it had water fountains and crap like that it was probably a park, and the rangers were probably park rangers.  You were smoking a bong in public at the park and only lost your bong.  I agree with others, count your blessings or thank your lucky stars, smoke joints away from home and don't use your bong in public.  It's your responsibility to not get caught and it's the cops responsibility to catch you so you're the one that failed.  Another mistake was getting away from the crowd to smoke.  If you're in the middle of a group of smokers you're somewhat protected.  And fuck the police for breaking your new bong. I doubt that was what they were supposed to do but they probably didn't want to go thru the paperwork to charge you for such a low level crime.  I guess you can report them for failing to do their duty.

18. Im all for the fuck cops movement but OP did this to himself.  You gotta move smart man.

19. Kids these days... This is what joints are for.

20. Fly a bit more under the radar OP. Bongs are for the crib not the park