Fuck Comcast

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Deleted member 985876, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Everyone who has xfinity knows its garbage and, only uses it because they have no other option.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Xfinity sucks get rid of all their boxes, buy a modem, router and roku or cromecast, get comcast internet only and YoutubeTV. Enjoy paying less than a 100$ per month.

BL

• Like Like x 1
  3. I fired Comcrap in 2005. Too much shitty programming, infomercials and general BS.
    Why some people pay upwards of $200 a month for video diarrhea is beyond me.
    I pay for F1TV Pro and Motorsport TV. The rest comes from my TV/Movie/Doc collection.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I got rid of Comcast 4 years ago n I’ll never go back not only do they have shit internet and a call center full of hustlers their also tax dodgers. Frontier for me

5. I have comcast, I wouldnt say it is garbage but I do wish I had more choices.

6. I've had comcast for years. They started out giving me a plan for $40/month. 60 mbps but I typically get around 70-80 mbps. It initially said that the price was for only 12 months but I also can get google fiber in my house. So every year when my contract is about to expire I call them and tell them I'm not paying $70/mo. I can get Google and switch. They have kept the price plan the same for the last 3 years. I've never had a problem with them. Yeah they have a 1TB cap but that's hard for even me to reach. And I just downloaded all seasons of NCIS (1080p,375GB).

7. Gonna bump this bc why tf not lol. Comcast just upgraded me to ~100mbps. Typically get 10-12 MB/s. And yes I know the difference between bits per second and bytes per second, it's just that my torrent client shows DL speed in MB/s (megabytes) and not Mbps (megabits). so 100 megabits per second translates to roughly 12.5 MB/s. All for only $42.04 a month.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was paying $55 for 150mbps

After promotion they jacked it to $80 and bumped it up to 200mbps but i downgraded to 100mbps for $60.

I have had great service using their online tech chat both times i used it. I was friendly, humorous and yet firm/concise and all went well.