fuck art

Discussion in 'General' started by bobishbill, Apr 19, 2012.

1. does anyone else get pissed off because they are not at all artistic. because i have amazing ideas for stuff but i cant make any of it. and its bullshit.:mad:

2. [quote name='"bobishbill"']does anyone else get pissed off because they are not at all artistic. because i have amazing ideas for stuff but i cant make any of it. and its bullshit.:mad:[/quote]

Im terrible at art but I love admiring it

3. You mean painting and drawing or all arts? Like music and shit

4. Well, anything can be considered an art form depending on how you perceive it.

'fuck art' can be considered art :p

5. It takes 7,000 hours to become good at something. Just keep at it, everyone is an artist.

6. i'm not good at drawing and shit, but i write poetry on an almost daily basis. i have a whole thread for it in the artists corner. i like to think i'm good at it. even if i'm not, i enjoy it and it gets some feelings out. i get to express myself. thats all art really is.

7. Dude, when i'm high, i seriously imagine complete songs in my head. Melodies, harmonies, solos, etc. Not just for like 2 guitars or something, but for whole entire ensembles! Give me an instrument, however, and i am not going to be able to do anything near that. I play a few, and i'm alright, but nothing amazing.

I have a new found interest in writing though. Might keep with that, see where it goes.

8. writing is the ultamite way to express yourself...especially whlst fucked up

9. [quote name='"reefermadness11"']Dude, when i'm high, i seriously imagine complete songs in my head. Melodies, harmonies, solos, etc. Not just for like 2 guitars or something, but for whole entire ensembles! Give me an instrument, however, and i am not going to be able to do anything near that. I play a few, and i'm alright, but nothing amazing.

I have a new found interest in writing though. Might keep with that, see where it goes.[/quote]

I know what you mean man, I hear songs and wicked guitar solos and melodies but whenever I try to play it I can't find the right note to start on, ever... :(

10. my art teacher always said art was something you didn't have to be born good at. if you work hard at it for long enough, you will get better. he had been an "art teacher" for almost 40 years and he sucked at anything that had to do with art. it was almost comical now that i look back at it. he would draw or paint something and it would be awkward in the classroom because you knew what everyone was thinking. "what a shitty artist our art teacher is".. but he loved it. had passion for it. and dedicated his life to it, and i guess that's all that matters when it comes to art..

11. B flat dude. Always :devious:

12. we should collaborate. I am artistic on many levels but I have no inspiration, no ideas.

13. 'fuck art' makes no sense, cuz art's just, some expression that's supposed to make us happy, either by creating it or absorbing it

don't dwell on some imagined finished product you "can't" create, just have fun with the process, and beautiful things will come, :hello: