Frustrated with attempts HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ligge, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Very frustrated, thius is about round 4 and I always have problems at the same stage.

I am using a Quickie box from http://quickgrow.ca/prodQuickie.htm

Vegetative stage works well

400 w hps
    Temp 80 ish avg
    Humidity 30% avg
    PH 6.2 ish, checked 2-3 times a week
    12/12 - continual drip while lights are on, air rock always on
    1100 PPM

I use 5 gallon water jugs (10 ppm before I start osmosis water, local water is major crapola). I add a jug as water level gets below or to pump needs level. About every 3 weeks I just dump and replace from scratch.

Nutrients at this stage - based on box manufacturer and boards/books:
    Micro 60mls 2-5-10
    Bloom 60 mls 3-7-8
    Proguard (potassium silicate) 25 ml
    SR-71 (sure reaction, micros) 12 ml
    Heavyweight (pur carbs) 25 ml
    Extreme Nitro .75 g (granular item) 8-43-26
    Floral micro 5-0-1
    PH up/down as needed

Pictures - first 5 are past attempts - last 2 are current run

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was during a recovery attempt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok this round of issues...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. what are u talking about im not following you on this...

3. My plants keep withering and dying so I gave what I am doing and using in hopes I can get some assistance as to what I must be doing wrong.

All of the pictures (in my newbie eyes) on the sick plant threads and diagnosis dont look that much different. I see signs of multiple problems but I dont seem to be able to fix them ever.

4. Do you see how your plants' leaves are curling under? This starts when there is too much Nitrogen. But it seems that the entire leaf is curling and withering. This is overfertilizing + maybe a lack of oxygen to the roots. check out overgrow.com FAQ -Plant troubles for more info. Try adding a capful or 2 of Hydrogen Peroxide 3%to your rez for more oxygenated H20.

5. ACK...That last picture taken is a male! Take him out of your grow area asap.

:wave:

6. Yeah, I know.. there are actually 2 males and 3 females in there currently. I was going to rip the guys out but because I have had so many problems at this stage of the game I left them so I had more to experiment with or at least keep an eye on to see what I am doing wrong.

I added the suggestion above for the oxygen issue. I have some liquid H20 also that I have used in the past too when I was fairly confident that was an issue.

Should I add this semi regularly/regularly? Obviously I have not been good at identifying the problems as of yet so I am trying to keep to a some what regiment of this item, this amount, at this interval.

Still learning but willing to listen and try whatever.

I have a friend of a friend of a.. you know, that does this, but I do not have access to him. I do however have access to some of his high end clones (afghan and northern lights he says) whenever I would like. I have just not been willing to get them until I get at least one batch to work properly of the bagseed. I would hate to ruin the clones with my lack of experience.

Anything else I should do in the meantime or just the oxygen issue and maybe a lower strength solution next fill?

7. by the pictures it looks like you are using some type of hydro setup. With this you should go buy yourself an air pump(like for a fish tank) and an air stone, place the stone in the bottom of you water pots and it will give you incredible results by adding tons of O2 to your water.

8. Looks like nutrient lock, can you flush your plants out with some fresh water for a couple days.

9. Pink: Yes I am using a continual drip system with fish tank pump and air stone, they are both on the same 12/12 timer as the lights are in that compartment. So I already have that all in use :(

Canuck: Just straight no nutrient water for 3-5 days and then back to the same nutrient solution listed in the first post?

Thanks guys.

10. HI

im a grower of hydro - organic i have been growing mj for years now so hopefully i will be able to help you out here my friend....i need you to answer some Qs for me so i can help you......

you say this always happens when you get to a stage...what stage is it????i beleave its flowering???
    you say your pump is on the same timer as your lights????so no lights no pump????if this is right theres one of your probs....
    i need you too look at your roots and tell me what you see....

11. i just read the link above....is that the same as your grow box????if it is it only allows you to grow to 24inches/2ft.......please tell me you got a bigger one....

12. your ph is a little high...i like to try and keep mine at about 5.5.

how mant Ls is yoyr res???

13. Questions questions lol cool

Stage = yes, normally within 2-3 weeks after moving to flowering the problems begin

Time and items = I wasnt very clear earlier. Water pump/drip lines and lights run 12/12, air stone is 24/7.

Roots = I will have to look tonight to give you a more adequate answer.

PH = ok I can lower it, I was just following other advice at the 6.2 levels

Box size = Yes, I know that is one limitation, but I knew someone (lost contact since) that was using the same sort of setup. He just grew less and trained them to go horizontal. I have never gotten far enough for that to be an issue. However, just to test my abilities and setup I have grown peppers and trained them into huge ass bushes in the same box and unbelievable amounts of huge ass peppers came out of it. Size wise I really didnt have much of a choice. I have considered building (I am not very handy at that sort of thing) a tall coat closet size that would be a smaller base/footprint that would allow taller plants but likely only 2 at most at once.

Reservoir = its a 20 gallon pan so whats that? 75 liters or so. I dont keep it full because I was concerned about drowning the roots. I make sure it is above the water pump level at all times and then add a 19 l/5 gall jug of the solution mixture as needed. Thats about every week or so.

We had a little family crisis last night but I should be able to get back in and check the roots when I get home this evening.

14. with only small amount of height available you will have to train your plants to get the most out of them.........you already know this.....

how much of those ferts have you got left????

im a bit confused about your pump and air stone.......is the water pump running for twelve hrs none stop?????so do you have an air pump as well?????does this only pump air into your res??????if not what does it do......